The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

emperor scorpion general chat and care

Go down 
+11
_scorpio_
LadyRiotControl
electrophyste
lycanlord
ManicDan
liette
PeterUK
Mr. Mordax
*Connie*
~Abyss~
scorpion111
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/18/2008, 12:34 pm

atleast scorps aint as bad as g. rosea i mean one of mine hasnt eaten in 2 months and counting
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/18/2008, 3:21 pm

Scorps can fast a lot longer than that. I know of one person whose scorpions went without eating through all of winters.

scorpion111 wrote:
Maybe she has a slow metabolism or someting.

Scorpions have ridiculously slow metabolisms. Some have those slower than vegetables.
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/18/2008, 3:33 pm

i know they can but i meant its only been 2 months so far, i had one before that went a full year with no food, then molted then went absolutely mental for food lol
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/19/2008, 3:22 am

its totally normal. I have a Iomachus politus *she so teeeeeny* and she has only had one cricket, one small cricket since I got her. She just isnt interested at the moment. I keep popping one in every other week but still she not interested.

They like to do this to us so we spend money on the crickets and then they dont eat and we lose the money when they all begin to die *hehe*
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/19/2008, 11:48 am

Can we say . . . roach colony??
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/19/2008, 11:52 am

i have a lobster roach colony, but my rosies dont like them, i think its cuz there too scatty and just run everywhere, luckily my leos and beardies love them
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/19/2008, 1:11 pm

i was lucky to get a few free roaches at the pet shop once. but they were full grown and the babies didnt eat them, and the adult never eats anyway. Mad
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/19/2008, 9:14 pm

more scorps have moulted. only 3 more left to go.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/24/2008, 7:20 pm

hmmmm....... the adult emp seems to be REALLY agressive latley. i mean REALLY. she goes crazy whenever i take a peek inside the tank. i dont know what the hell is wrong with her, temps are fine, humidity is good. scratch

mabye she's just goin' crazy.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/25/2008, 12:32 am

Is that the one that already popped? Weird, if so. Sounds like gravid behavior.

Have you fed her lately?
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/25/2008, 10:00 am

IHeartMantids wrote:
Is that the one that already popped? Weird, if so. Sounds like gravid behavior.

Have you fed her lately?

shes been fasting for ages, so i gave up feeding her for a few weeks, but since she seems rearing to go, ill give her a cricket tonight and see what she does with it.
Back to top Go down
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/26/2008, 3:03 pm

really sounds like gravid behavior. does she look like a blimp? like shes going to EXPLODE?
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/26/2008, 3:05 pm

electrophyste wrote:
really sounds like gravid behavior. does she look like a blimp? like shes going to EXPLODE?

shes not gravid. she had a brood a few months ago. and there are no more scorps in the tank with her.

ok i tryed to feed her yesterday. still fasting.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/26/2008, 4:26 pm

Weird.

Sounds like she's just being an emp.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/26/2008, 4:37 pm

she just isnt hungry and is just planning on driving you nuts. dont bother feeding for 2 weeks and then try again with one cricket
xxx
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/26/2008, 5:20 pm

well in going on holiday next saturday, so the scorp can have some alone time.

anyhoo as you know ive got scorplings. well most are 3i, some are 2i, and some are 3i about to moult into 4i.

well some of the olders are getting abit agro towards the younger sibs, and everyones at different eating stages. so im gonna move the older, feeding ones to an other tank. where they can get all the food thet want, and it will leave the 2i's to finish their moults.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/26/2008, 5:42 pm

Its a good idea, if it will make you feel better Smile but I wouldnt worry.
But how many have you lost?
xxx
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/26/2008, 6:04 pm

i dont know... i'll have to do a headcount. ive probably lost a few. one died from a bad moult a few weeks ago. Sad
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/27/2008, 9:45 am

right, well ive moved all the babies to thier new cage. when i lifted up all the hides they were all running around in pannic so i juct took em with the bigguns. well they seem to like thier new home! one started burrowing as sonn as i put him in! Razz

although most of them havent discovered the hides and pre-made burrows, and are in a giant heap in the corner.

oh and i did a headcount - there are 12 left. and when i lifted up a hide i found a dead 2i.
overall, am very happy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/28/2008, 1:47 pm

12 is still a very good number. will be interesting to see how many i have left xxxx
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/28/2008, 6:06 pm

well, all the scorps have consructed burrows. there are a few, and there are more than one scorp in most of the burrows. anyway some of the burrows have disapeared. if a borrow colapses with a scorp inside, will it be able to dig itself out easily? i also noticed a scorp diging a burrow, then when i came back a while later and startled him, he sorta dragged a bit of substrate to the burrow and cloged himself inside it. is this normal? scratch
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/28/2008, 7:01 pm

I've had young emps escape from collapsed burrows before now. its happened twice. one managed to find the original entrance and the other kept burrowing upto the side of the enclosure and followed the plastic upwards.

As for dragging substrate down... never saw mine do that.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/29/2008, 12:23 pm

Ive never seen one block it in but Ive known their burrows to collapse before. In the wild they would cope and in a tank they cope so dont worry Very Happy
xxx
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/29/2008, 12:48 pm

thanks, connie.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty7/30/2008, 5:33 pm

weel, thats me happy as a clam. Very Happy i thought a few scorps had escaped because the headcount didnt add up.... well on further expection they were buried deep in the susbstrate. there were never any burrows there that i know off..... anyway thats a weight lifted.

oh and i found out i had 13 not 12. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: emperor scorpion general chat and care   emperor scorpion general chat and care - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

emperor scorpion general chat and care
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next