The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

What scorpion to get and help on care.

Go down 
+3
Canth
anemiaffx
shazforscott1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
shazforscott1
Pandinus

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-01-15

What scorpion to get and help on care. Empty
PostSubject: What scorpion to get and help on care.   What scorpion to get and help on care. Empty1/15/2011, 9:21 pm

Hello guys, Im thinking of getting a scorpion but not sure what one to get. Can anyone give me any advice on what to buy and care for the scorpion. Smile
Back to top Go down
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What scorpion to get and help on care.   What scorpion to get and help on care. Empty1/15/2011, 9:25 pm

Buy a Emperor like everyone else does... Or Desert Hairy. Or even a Flat Rock. Everyone calls the Flat Rocks more difficult but i feel they are wrong about this...Those are the easiest 3 in my opinion. Any of the Pandinus are simple bugs. Or you could always get a Tailless Whip Scorpion lol.
Back to top Go down
shazforscott1
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: What scorpion to get and help on care.   What scorpion to get and help on care. Empty1/15/2011, 9:36 pm

To be honest been looking at Emperor Scorpions red claw ones but don`t really know basic care. Wouldnt want a Tailless Whip Scorpion they look too much like spiders Sad Desert Hairy looks cool. Do you know much about Death stalker scorpions? And thank you for replying Smile
Back to top Go down
Canth
Babycurus
Canth

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: What scorpion to get and help on care.   What scorpion to get and help on care. Empty1/15/2011, 10:08 pm

You definitely should not be getting a death stalker as your first scorpion. Mr Mordax wrote up a cool guide on how to figure out which scorpion to get. I'll find it and link it here for you

https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/t2198-the-scorp-o-matic-choose-your-scorpion-wizard
Back to top Go down
ColoredPencils
Centruroides
ColoredPencils

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: What scorpion to get and help on care.   What scorpion to get and help on care. Empty1/16/2011, 1:53 am

I would recommend the emperor scorpion, as well. And definitely not a death stalker. Haha. As cool as it might sound to own a highly venomous scorpion, I'd imagine it's a hoooooorrible idea for beginners.
Back to top Go down
shazforscott1
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: What scorpion to get and help on care.   What scorpion to get and help on care. Empty1/16/2011, 9:23 am

Ok sono Death Stalker. Emperior it is. Thank you guys Smile Just need to find one and read up on basic care. How many crickets would they eat per week? and do they eat anything else? Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
levi
Centruroides
levi

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: What scorpion to get and help on care.   What scorpion to get and help on care. Empty1/16/2011, 10:08 am

I recommend any pandinus and heterometrus sp for beginners..gain more experience on scorpion before choosing highly venomous ones..they tend to be much more diffucult to care off,and you might end up killing them..or much worse end up killing you..
Back to top Go down
levi
Centruroides
levi

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: What scorpion to get and help on care.   What scorpion to get and help on care. Empty1/16/2011, 10:16 am

It depends on how big they are..but on an adult twice a week may be enough..you can feed them crickets ,roaches or mealworms,some feed them small lizards and pinkie mouse..their is a post here that covers all basic knowledge about emperors..you might enjoy reading them,because i did..hehe
Back to top Go down
shazforscott1
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: What scorpion to get and help on care.   What scorpion to get and help on care. Empty1/16/2011, 1:56 pm

Ok thank you levi Smile Lots of intresting information Smile Will be ok with crickets as have a bearded dragon. Thanks everyone Smile
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What scorpion to get and help on care.   What scorpion to get and help on care. Empty1/16/2011, 3:01 pm

As your in the uk you would need a dwa license for a death stalker anyway,( you need a license for any in the buthidae family which is loads!)

Emp is defiantly the way to go, and then a desert hairy maybe lol and then you will eventually want one of everything it is highly addictive believe me! Smile
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: What scorpion to get and help on care.   What scorpion to get and help on care. Empty1/17/2011, 10:23 am

231bex wrote:
..you will eventually want one of everything it is highly addictive believe me! Smile

+100

Its like venom... spreading throughout your mind each day and bringing more desires to own more and more species..

My initial symptops when i got hooked:
Browsing for scorps info or pictures/videos wherever and whenever i can get my hands on the internet..

This means at work.. at play.. at lunch breaks.. and even in the toilet.. nothing stops when i have my iphone with me Laughing

But best advice are given by the peeps above.. always go for beginner scorps first. AFS are my very scorps.

Find all you can read about any scorps you're planning to get and NEVER lose respect for the scorp you are having.. no matter what the venom level is..

Before i forget.. Welcome to the forum shazforscott1 Smile
Back to top Go down
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What scorpion to get and help on care.   What scorpion to get and help on care. Empty1/18/2011, 2:37 am

I have to say that some say that certain scorpions are more difficult than others, but im yet to run into that problem. Id say go for a death stalker why not. Its almost basically exactly like a Desert hairy. Its the same as almost all desert scorpions.... Except it %$#&*#@ hurts when it stings you....
Back to top Go down
ColoredPencils
Centruroides
ColoredPencils

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: What scorpion to get and help on care.   What scorpion to get and help on care. Empty1/18/2011, 3:22 am

I can imagine the sting being a bit debilitating... but the worst scorpion sting won't really kill a healthy man. =P
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What scorpion to get and help on care.   What scorpion to get and help on care. Empty1/18/2011, 4:00 am

anemiaffx wrote:
Id say go for a death stalker why not. Its almost basically exactly like a Desert hairy. Its the same as almost all desert scorpions.... Except it %$#&*#@ hurts when it stings you....

Why not becausevthey are illegal to keep in the uk without a license! :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What scorpion to get and help on care.   What scorpion to get and help on care. Empty

Back to top Go down

What scorpion to get and help on care.
Page 1 of 1