The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

GS Pictures & Discussion Threads

Go down 
+5
Jay
H. laoticus
Bedlam
*~BEX~*
**GS**
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty
PostSubject: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/12/2011, 1:21 pm

GENERAL SCORPIONS CARESHEETS:

Raising Forest Scorpions

Raising Bark Scorpions

Raising Desert Scorpions

[HOW TO] GUIDES:

[HOW TO] Tell if your Scorpion is Gravid

[HOW TO] Guide to Mating Scorpions

[HOW TO] Guide to Feeding 2.instar Scorpion's young

[HOW TO] Search for Scorpion's Information

[HOW TO] Front-opening enclosure for terrestrial inverts - by DolbyR

[ASA] ALL-SCORPION-ARCHIVES: (Consolidating in progress)

[ASA] Centruroides nigrescens

DISCUSSIONS THREADS:

Capturing Scorpion Behavior

Who moulted today?!

Who popped today?!

SOME OF MY BREEDING PROJECTS:

Scolopendra hardwickei

Androctonus australis/ spp

Androctonus bicolor

Centruroides margaritatus

Heterometrus spinifer

Hottentotta hottentottata

Lychas scutilus

Lychas mucronatus

Liocheles waigiensis

Pandinus imperators

Parabuthus transvaalicus/ spp

Rhopalurus junceus

Others:

Mycosis related threads:
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/t8334-mycosis#97099

The love of a scorpion mom

Regards,
GS

Last edited by GS on 5/29/2012, 12:40 pm; edited 50 times in total (Reason for editing : Updates)
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/12/2011, 1:26 pm

wow GS amazing pics yet again lol those first ones are awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/12/2011, 4:17 pm

One of my fellow household members has a 500$ DSLR with Macro lens. I should play around on it. Great photos by the way.
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/12/2011, 10:05 pm

bex wrote:
wow GS amazing pics yet again lol those first ones are awesome Smile

You mean Centruroides Margaritatus? Smile
I really love the coloration on their backs. I got 5 of them at 2nd instars and now they've attained 6i within months.
I've captured a few hunting vids of them as well. Will be uploading soon. Stay tunned.. ha

Bedlam wrote:
One of my fellow household members has a 500$ DSLR with Macro lens. I should play around on it. Great photos by the way.
Thanks Bedlam.
Thats cool. Do ya know what camera body and macro lens he's using?
How i wish i had a bro who has it, so i can practice my skills while saving up for a more powerful set of gears. haha
Look forward to your worx bro Smile
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/13/2011, 2:42 am

Yeah that's the ones, wow they grow pretty fast then Smile
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/13/2011, 4:43 am

For being a phone, the pics are great Smile All very beautiful scorps.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/13/2011, 8:17 am

"Bear with my iphone pics" Rolling Eyes Gs don't be so modest, you know they're amazing photos Very Happy Really like the CF background and obviously lovely species.

So what DSLR you got your sights on mate? Can't wait to see what you can do with it!
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/13/2011, 10:31 am

bex wrote:
Yeah that's the ones, wow they grow pretty fast then Smile
Yes indeed. I have their instars documented from 3i onwards (as i got them at 2i) Smile

3i @ 05 Feb 2011
4i @ 24 Feb 2011
5i @ 17 Mar 2011
6i @ 12 Apr 2011

H. laoticus wrote:
For being a phone, the pics are great Smile All very beautiful scorps.

Thanks bud! Smile

JamieLawrence wrote:
"Bear with my iphone pics" Rolling Eyes Gs don't be so modest, you know they're amazing photos Very Happy Really like the CF background and obviously lovely species.
So what DSLR you got your sights on mate? Can't wait to see what you can do with it!

i find it nothing comparable to a real macro shot like yours my bro.. hehz Smile
Hmnn so far i'm looking at entry level Nikon D3100 and Tamron 90mm macro lens.
Any suggestions for me will be greatly appreciated bro Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/13/2011, 12:58 pm

Cheers but I haven't really been happy with my shot lately, a twin macro flash is on the top of my list.

I don't think you can go wrong with anything from Nikon or Canon. The trouble is I'm biased because I have the canon and love it. On the other hand my uncle is a more serious photographer than me and swears by Nikon.

I always say just get what you can afford at the time, that's how I decided on mine. Decide how much you want to spend and compare the ones within the price range. D3100 looks like a great camera choice at a glance, I don't think it was out when I was looking, compare it with the canon 1100D. However for not alot more money than the 1100D there is what I have the 500D then there's the new out 600D but that's what I mean, where do you stop? All comes down to what you can afford at the time.

As for the lens again I'm biased because I have all canon lenses however Tamron macro lenses seem to get great reviews. 90mm sounds good aswell as my 60mm has a very close working distance for macro but I got it because 60mm is a great portrait focal length so this lens doubles up for that, great with the low aperture f2.8 for shallow depth of field.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/13/2011, 1:32 pm

how come i cant get clear pics like this with my iphone? Sad
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/18/2011, 1:25 am

JamieLawrence wrote:
Cheers but I haven't really been happy with my shot lately, a twin macro flash is on the top of my list.

I don't think you can go wrong with anything from Nikon or Canon. The trouble is I'm biased because I have the canon and love it. On the other hand my uncle is a more serious photographer than me and swears by Nikon.

I always say just get what you can afford at the time, that's how I decided on mine. Decide how much you want to spend and compare the ones within the price range. D3100 looks like a great camera choice at a glance, I don't think it was out when I was looking, compare it with the canon 1100D. However for not alot more money than the 1100D there is what I have the 500D then there's the new out 600D but that's what I mean, where do you stop? All comes down to what you can afford at the time.

As for the lens again I'm biased because I have all canon lenses however Tamron macro lenses seem to get great reviews. 90mm sounds good aswell as my 60mm has a very close working distance for macro but I got it because 60mm is a great portrait focal length so this lens doubles up for that, great with the low aperture f2.8 for shallow depth of field.

Thats very good advice my friend. I've read it more more then twice already.
Appreciate it alot Very Happy

bex wrote:
how come i cant get clear pics like this with my iphone? Sad
Which version of iphone are you holding on to bex? Imho, sufficient lighting is the essence of getting quality pics from iphone (usage of the flash will most likely give your pictures a higher then required warm colors)

I usually take my pictures under normal florescent lighting from a movable table lamp (e.g. i replaced the infra red bulb of the heat lamp with a normal white bulb) and occasionally under natural sunlight if the light source is sufficient.

Click here for sample pictures taken with iphone under different lighting conditions:

For indoors shooting, try to experience with different angles of light source as well as different light intensity by moving the light source further or closer from subject (same goes for the iphone distance to your subject) to get the most natural colors. Feel free to enquire, if it's within my knowledge, i'll share Very Happy

Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/18/2011, 4:26 am

Just iPhone 3gs so no flash, and the room has very poor lighting, and I don't actually have a lamp lol so yeah deffo a lighting issue Smile
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/18/2011, 4:42 am

No worries mate, I've also been thinking its really not worth spending a fortune on a first camera, firstly because if you don't get into it its alot of money to waste, however if you do get into it and enjoy it you can always upgrade. Secondly I'm told you're better off spending the money on quality glass because that makes the biggest difference to your shots also it will still be a useful lens if you upgraded camera.

I've compared the camera on iphone4 and 3g and there's quite a difference in quality IMO.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/18/2011, 5:01 am

Upgrade time in a few months Smile
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/20/2011, 5:01 am

JamieLawrence wrote:
No worries mate, I've also been thinking its really not worth spending a fortune on a first camera, firstly because if you don't get into it its alot of money to waste, however if you do get into it and enjoy it you can always upgrade. Secondly I'm told you're better off spending the money on quality glass because that makes the biggest difference to your shots also it will still be a useful lens if you upgraded camera.

I've compared the camera on iphone4 and 3g and there's quite a difference in quality IMO.

Hey Bud, i really appreciate your advice given to me man Very Happy
After reading them, i'm more or less firm up on my decision already.
Now i'm just negotiating for more feebies from the vendor, hahaz
Anyway, there's an "IT exhibition" coming on to my area in a few months time, most prob i'll be able to get a better deal then but just not sure if i can withstand the urge till then.. logic vs craving.. Twisted Evil

*~BEX~* wrote:
Upgrade time in a few months Smile
iphone4 or DSLR too? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/20/2011, 5:18 am

I'd love a DSLR, but I like to carry my camera everywhere too so I might jut upgrade my P&S. My 5 year old pentax is having hard time focusing already.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/20/2011, 5:30 am

Yep that's it lol iPhone4 for sure and fingers crossed for a dslr was meant to have one for xmas but we spent money on kids, could ask for one for my bday in a month, but think I'm getting a pc lol Smile
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

Number of posts : 915
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/20/2011, 6:06 am

slr s are great, i got a factory refurb nikon d40x for £250, i really want a macro lens.
they make for a lot more tweaking to get the shot to your liking as welll
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty4/27/2011, 11:24 pm

Centruroides Margaritatus:

Last edited by GS on 5/24/2011, 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updates)
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty5/20/2011, 11:36 am

spinnin_tom wrote:
slr s are great, i got a factory refurb nikon d40x for £250, i really want a macro lens.
they make for a lot more tweaking to get the shot to your liking as welll

D40X is a good DSLR.
Yeah.. having a good lens for our will make the most difference to the pics..

*~BEX~* wrote:
Yep that's it lol iPhone4 for sure and fingers crossed for a dslr was meant to have one for xmas but we spent money on kids, could ask for one for my bday in a month, but think I'm getting a pc lol Smile

Yep, no regrets for iphone4 as well Very Happy

DolbyR wrote:
I'd love a DSLR, but I like to carry my camera everywhere too so I might jut upgrade my P&S. My 5 year old pentax is having hard time focusing already.

If you looking for a entry-level DSLR, Nikon D3100 might be a decent start-up. I took some pics of my froggie with it yesterday. Still exploring the camera thou..
Sample below to share:

GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Albino_Pacman_Frog_Pic3

I posted on pics of her at Herps and Amphibians section. Check it out when you're free Smile
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/t6587-albino-pacman-frog-ceratophrys-cranwelli#74034
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty5/20/2011, 12:18 pm

Wow, stunning colours.. dart frog? Or what is it called? Sharp and clear too.. but tbh I'm not telling you that, we're used to quality pics from you
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty5/21/2011, 12:12 pm

pluto wrote:
Wow, stunning colours.. dart frog? Or what is it called? Sharp and clear too.. but tbh I'm not telling you that, we're used to quality pics from you

Thanks my friend Smile
Its a Albino Pacman Frog (Ceratophrys Cranwelli)
Yeah i'm pretty much attracted by its colors too & the facts that shes a pacman. Its amazing, on the feeder size she can take on. Pacman is my fav childhood game btw.. lolz
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty5/22/2011, 1:55 am

Wow! Awesome colours, I doubt any P&S would be able to capture then that good. I think I need a second job to pay that nikon rolf Smile
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty5/24/2011, 3:05 pm

DolbyR wrote:
Wow! Awesome colours, I doubt any P&S would be able to capture then that good. I think I need a second job to pay that nikon rolf Smile
Thanks bud. If i'm not wrong, there are some very decent P&S out there too.
Whatever you'll be getting, i'll be looking forward to your pics as well Very Happy

Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty5/24/2011, 3:16 pm

Some random shots for sharing Smile

One of my Orthochirus Innesi (Egyptian Pillar Tailed Scorpion)

GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Orthochirus_Innesi_Pic1

GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Orthochirus_Innesi_Pic2

I think i'll post my T's here as well (instead of reviving my T thread, not many Ts btw Smile

Fang shot of a freshly molted Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens (Green Bottle Blue Tarantula)

GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Chromatopelma_Cyaneopubescens_1

Last edited by GS on 5/26/2011, 1:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updates)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GS Pictures & Discussion Threads   GS Pictures & Discussion Threads Empty

Back to top Go down

GS Pictures & Discussion Threads
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next