The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp.

Go down 
+54
thegromgrom
~Abyss~
Yames
F1refly
toidy
jeblbej
Parabuthus21
Scorpion19981000
lmiller
shadowfoot
Andrew Leigh
meteor
shebeen
liocheles
shining
Obeah
Henderson
beene38
AnthonyNeubauer
tfleming
Annababe
leiurusSaleen820
Will3
Chrome
Jay
Cyanide
Streettrash
Bedlam
tlb_05
DolbyR
pluto
spinnin_tom
Envyizm
patrickm
Vin Diesel
BradPitbull
gudb0i
Buggs
Dracennights
*~BEX~*
levi
Mr. Mordax
Canth
Kristopher
Jorpion
Manser
Lester
TELOW
iitomodachi1
Kerrby
H. laoticus
Scott Land
anemiaffx
**GS**
58 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty
PostSubject: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/22/2010, 12:09 am

For GS's article on [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. please access the following URL located at [ASA] All-Scorpion-Archives Scorpion Forum:
www.allscorpionarchives.com/t31-discussion-parabuthus-spp

Support ASA Articles!
"Like" us at www.facebook.com/ScorpionArchives to receive all our latest pictures, videos and project updates with regards to Scorpion Breeding.

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Like_AllScorpionArchives_on_Facebook_icon

Regards,
GS

Last edited by **GS** on 4/20/2013, 10:30 am; edited 85 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated)
Back to top Go down
anemiaffx
Tityus
anemiaffx

Number of posts : 635
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/22/2010, 12:39 am

Wow nice. That has to be one of the CLEAREST videos i have seen on this forum or even on youtube of a scorpion. Excellent quality. If no one has said yet, welcome to the forum and personally, i LOVE to look at pictures of everyone's stuff so feel free to post as many as you would like =)
Back to top Go down
Scott Land
Tityus
Scott Land

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/22/2010, 1:08 am

Cool video and pics!
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/22/2010, 1:14 am

Very nice pics and sweet vid! It was game over after it got tagged Smile
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/22/2010, 1:38 am

anemiaffx:
Thanks for your kind words. The video and pictures are taken with my camera phone (iphone4)..
Video is in HD and good in quality but picture wise.. have to depend on light conditions..
DSLR with macro lens will have more decent output/control.. aiming for one soon.. heh
and yeah.. i enjoy viewing pictures in a thread too.. speaks a thousand words don't they ^^,
Look forward to see more of yours' and everyone else' too Smile

Scott Land:
Thanks mate, i like yr avatar Smile

H. laoticus:
Thanks man. ha.. yeah i ended the video recording as i intend to get a short video on the tagging part.
Maybe i can try merging with the "nom nom nom" part.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kerrby
Centruroides
Kerrby

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/22/2010, 5:06 am

Purely Awesome mate.

I had to try to slow down that hunting action. Man she is fast. Seriously, seriously fast.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/22/2010, 1:03 pm

Awesome pix, thanks for putting this up GS! Very Happy

I can't wait for mine to get here. I'm curious though about their venom. I try to do as much research as possible prior and I find a lot on what to do and not to do with stings and that anti venom should only be used when definitely experiencing a severe case of scorpionism. My main concern is that I'm not sure if there is any anti venom anywhere in the States. Should an accident happen the hospital would be left to do the best the can at best case scenario. Is there anything known about potentially acquiring anti venom to keep on hand and take with to a trip to a hospital in the event that the worse case scenario does happen?

Has anyone done any research on anything related to this? It is my impression that horses are commonly used for anti venom and they are injected with small amounts of venom at a time to build up certain cells that are resistant to this particular type of venom and the anti venom is then made from them as taking small amounts of blood from an animal this size does not harm it in anyway.

I'm really concerned with my son being 4 and 35-40 pounds. I have the viv's all set up already and they have padlocks on them, they are above his eye level and I plan on making some plastic screens to slope up over the front of the Viv in the event of flicking venom. I know the latter is not always the case but everyone warns of the possibility so I'm just trying to cover my bases. I am also trying to either build or purchase another large locking display case to place the vivariums in so they will be behind 2 locks actually at some point. My son is great about not touching but I want to cover all my bases twice for his sake. I wouldn't stress half as much for myself as I'm 6' and 215-225 pounds.

I have read that these are a 3 on the toxicity scale which is the same as my Hottentotta Trilineatus but I have also been reading that because of the size of PT's they inject a lot more venom making problems that much more serious.

If there are any references you could point me towards it would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone could share precautions they have taken it would be really cool and definitely appreciated as well Very Happy

Awesome pics too by the way, I'm going to watch your vid now! Very Happy Really I could resist any other species but PT's are just so darn cool looking!

**Had to add that your vids are awesome! I liked the Bicolor too and I'm even more excited for my own PT's now too!

Last edited by iitomodachi1 on 10/22/2010, 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added **text after watching the videos)
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/24/2010, 10:54 am

Hey mate, thanks for yr comments on my pics/vids.

Can surely sense your love for your family for putting in the efforts to do the research.
I have no idea about where to get anti-venom to store as backup but am surely interested to get one too.

As for securely them, i do "double tank" them and keep my room locked whenever i am not at home as an added measure.

Btw i really love to own a few Hottentotta Trilineatus too.. man they are neat looking!

There another thing i would like to share.. not so much on security but i have d.i.y a split tank for my P. Trans yesterday Very Happy

Its more of a space saver as my room is quite small to house my growing collections. Plus the cost of getting a ready made split tank in my neighborhood's pet store seemed to be overpriced..

I'll be posting up pictures in my next post to share with you guys.

Last edited by GS on 10/24/2010, 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: [HOW TO] Simple D.I.Y Split Kritter Tank   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/24/2010, 11:33 am

For [ASA] Forest Scorpions' Caresheet Please access the following URL located at [ASA] All-Scorpion-Archives Scorpion Forum:
www.allscorpionarchives.com/t149-how-to-simple-diy-split-kritter-tank#452

Support ASA Articles!
"Like" us at www.facebook.com/ScorpionArchives to receive all our latest pictures, videos and project updates with regards to Scorpion Breeding.

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Like_AllScorpionArchives_on_Facebook_icon

Regards,
GS

Last edited by **GS** on 4/20/2013, 10:30 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated)
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/24/2010, 12:05 pm

Awesome, thanks for sharing! Those dividers are super clean looking! And the scorps of course are beautiful.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting for arrival so my P Trans tanks are empty Sad But this is the split tank I set up for two of them. I ordered 3 as they are unsexed in hope to better my breeding pair odds and have another 5 gallon set up for the 3rd one. Below are some pictures of those. The 1st two pix are of the 2nd tank I did like this and is a 10 gallon split. The 3rd one is actually a split 5 gallon I use for my 2 mature H/V Spinigerus.

I just bought a sterilite container and cut the bottom to size and then used the aqaurium silicone to glue it in place. Not as clean but cheap and easy. I'd like to look at a cleaner solution in the future and may try your method GS, thanks again for sharing.

-awaiting PT's 10 gal split-
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. DSC_0162
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. DSC_0172

-H/V Spinigerus 5 gal split-
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. DSC_0169
Back to top Go down
TELOW
Centruroides
TELOW

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/24/2010, 12:06 pm

nice setup's gs What a Face

those are nice specimens as well Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by TELOW on 10/24/2010, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TELOW
Centruroides
TELOW

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/24/2010, 12:12 pm

make sure they dont climb up that silicone
i did that once and it didnt work out so well but that was C. vittatus and c. sculpturatus
but just keep an eye on them
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/24/2010, 12:22 pm

TELOW wrote:
make sure they dont climb up that silicone
i did that once and it didnt work out so well but that was C. vittatus and c. sculpturatus
but just keep an eye on them

Thanks for the heads up, I noticed that with the baby H/V Spinigerus, they climbed a bit but never to the top and were removed right away anyway. The adult V. Spins don't even try to climb and they've been in there for a good few months. That piece of sterilite does not go all the way to the top as it was some scrap I had laying around. The PT tank however turned out a bit cleaner and I used a piece of sterilite from a container I bought explicitly for this purpose. So the silicone is done a little smoother and cleaner and the divider itself runs right up to the inner lip of the lid on the critter cage. So there is not much room between that lip and the screen also. The PT's I'm waiting for are mature and I planned on trying to breed them so at least they will be full size and a rather large scorp at that.
I will keep any eye on them though for sure, thanks for the heads up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TELOW
Centruroides
TELOW

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/24/2010, 12:25 pm

cool good luck with them What a Face
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/26/2010, 11:50 am

TELOW: Thanks mate Smile

iitomodachi1: Very natural and excellent setup! I'm sure your P. Trans will find themselves at home Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/26/2010, 1:16 pm

GS wrote:
TELOW: Thanks mate Smile

iitomodachi1: Very natural and excellent setup! I'm sure your P. Trans will find themselves at home Very Happy

Thank you, I try to keep it as natural as possible, for some odd reason that appeals to me a little more than decorations, and of course I want my pets to be happy and content Very Happy

I appreciate the complement it definitely makes me feel better to know that I'm on the right track for a species, so feed back is definitely definite welcome of any kinds.
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/26/2010, 4:04 pm

Welcome mate Smile Keep up the great work & am really looking forward to see your P. Trans!

Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/26/2010, 4:05 pm

Latest P. Trans Video to share Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS87aLJPzAM
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/26/2010, 8:53 pm

GS wrote:
Welcome mate Smile Keep up the great work & am really looking forward to see your P. Trans!

Me too, lol!! The new vid is nothing short of amazing! I will have to take a couple of days off of work then these guys come because I will not be able to stop watching them! Incredible!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/27/2010, 4:45 am

haha.. thats what i'll do too Smile
However.. though i have estimated that my package will reach this friday.. i cant take the day off as i have to attend an course straight after work..
man.. i know it'll definitely be hard for me to concentrate with my mind on the unopened package.. lol
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/27/2010, 8:14 am

I hear you on that one!! I go get my packages from the post office before they go out for the day Very Happy I know I'm like a 5 year old, night before Christmas!
Back to top Go down
Lester
Tityus
Lester

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/30/2010, 2:28 pm

nice fake plant Razz lolx
Back to top Go down
Lester
Tityus
Lester

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/30/2010, 2:30 pm

btw... reporting here .. PT lover myself too Smile
Back to top Go down
Manser
Babycurus
Manser

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/30/2010, 4:40 pm

just watched some of those P. Trans Videos. awsome scorpion you got there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty10/30/2010, 5:11 pm

Sweet vid! It's nice to see a quality video once in a while Smile

The speed of that scorpion is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp.
Page 1 of 28Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next