The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp.

Go down 
+54
thegromgrom
~Abyss~
Yames
F1refly
toidy
jeblbej
Parabuthus21
Scorpion19981000
lmiller
shadowfoot
Andrew Leigh
meteor
shebeen
liocheles
shining
Obeah
Henderson
beene38
AnthonyNeubauer
tfleming
Annababe
leiurusSaleen820
Will3
Chrome
Jay
Cyanide
Streettrash
Bedlam
tlb_05
DolbyR
pluto
spinnin_tom
Envyizm
patrickm
Vin Diesel
BradPitbull
gudb0i
Buggs
Dracennights
*~BEX~*
levi
Mr. Mordax
Canth
Kristopher
Jorpion
Manser
Lester
TELOW
iitomodachi1
Kerrby
H. laoticus
Scott Land
anemiaffx
**GS**
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty2/19/2011, 1:07 am

Alright, FINALLY!!! I finally got some Parabuthus! I ordered 4 Parabuthus Liosoma right when it got too cold to ship from Ken and the freak 2 hour window Ken was selling 4 Parabuthus Transvaalicus I got the last 2. Tried for all 4 but someone beat me too it. Now it has finally warmed up enough to ship and I got them today. Bad news though, 1 PT was DOA Sad But I still have one beautiful Parabuthus Transvaalicus! I also have all 4 Parabuthus Liosoma which are way cooler than I'd imagined!! Amazing Scorps! So this thread is the first place I came after adding to my pets folder on facebook! Here are some Images, enjoy Very Happy

Parabuthus Transvaalicus

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 DSC_0047
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 DSC_0095
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 DSC_0100
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 DSC_0111

Parabuthus Liosoma

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 DSC_0057-1
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 DSC_0059
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 DSC_0066-1
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 DSC_0070-1
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 DSC_0072
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 DSC_0076
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 DSC_0105
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 DSC_0110
Back to top Go down
levi
Centruroides
levi

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty2/19/2011, 5:21 am

Nice scorp bro..its worth the wait right?hehe
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty2/19/2011, 11:32 am

Well, now that the wait is over Very Happy Yes definitely worth the wait!! Not much else on my list for my collection! Pretty darn sweet!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty2/21/2011, 1:05 am

iitomodachi1 wrote:
Well, now that the wait is over Very Happy Yes definitely worth the wait!! Not much else on my list for my collection! Pretty darn sweet!

Its definitely worth the wait. Nice P.Trans you have there bro. Is it an adult male?

P. Liosoma is simply gorgeous too. Best wishes in breeding them Very Happy

Btw, nice hide you provided for the P. Liosomas'. Is it shattered pieces of claypot?
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty2/21/2011, 1:31 am

Hey GS, Thanks Bro!

As for the PT, I believe it is an adult male, I had the other one arrive dead Sad they were supposed to be a mated pair and she was supposed to be gravid. Definitely looked to be so too, I was very bummed. Oh well, at least I got one survivor this time, although he has been hidden now since put him in his enclosure :/

The P. Liosoma's have now been also. I have 2 very small (maybe 3i) 1 that may have molted once more than the others and another that may be mature. In the split set up in the pics I used some flat rock, or maybe shale or something. I got them from a lawn and garden shop. If I'm lucky I find broken ones and get a cheaper price otherwise I just buy them and break them with a hammer. It's the same stuff they sell in pet shops here for like $10 a piece. I spent $8 for what would turn into $120 worth at a pet store Very Happy

Hopefully I will still get some more P. Trans this spring! I have also found a lead on some Androctonus Mauritanicus so I'd like to start a community of those too Very Happy. I am also still waiting on all the P. Trans I have ordered last fall and never received. I have seen pictures of his gravid female so hopefully he pulls though *fingers crossed that I am not ripped off!

And back to the P. Liosoma, pictures never did these guys justice! They are by far the most beautiful scorps in my collection! I love the P. Trans as I knew I would but I wonder if the P. Liosoma have even 1 upped the P. Trans!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty2/21/2011, 3:54 am

Shipping gravid ones is indeed risky but i'm glad the male made it thou Smile
May i ask how much are you quoted for the gravid PT?

Androctonus Mauritanicus is another cool species to have. I was once considering which to get (A.Mauritanicus or P.Trans) and finally decided to go for P.Trans when i fell in love them after seeing this video by ajpanget at youtube:

Of cos, if space and money allows, i'll definitely get both! lolz
Do start a A.Mauritanicus thread once you got them bro Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty2/21/2011, 12:32 pm

Hey Bro, I don't recall now what I paid but I think it $45 for each and there was no extra for the gravid female. The AM's I was told if I was interested will be a bit more for gravid female but I would have to contact the guy again to see what he is asking now. It had been too cold for shipping so I was to contact him in the spring.

As for the PT's vs AM's I agree but the thing about the AM's that I love is that they are supposed to be communal! I'd just love a communal set up of these big back beauties!

I have seen that vid also and it made it all the harder to wait for mine! It's a great vid!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty3/3/2011, 12:18 pm

Fresh molt for today:

My PT mature male is waiting for this for quite some time I love you

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 PT_Female_7i_Pic2

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 PT_Female_7i_Pic3

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 PT_Female_7i_Pic1
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty3/4/2011, 2:50 am

What the heck, all these new players on this forum and nobody is giving the Parabuthus Transvaalicus Thread any love! What in the world is going on! I love these shots GS! Once again, great catch! And Congrats to you and your male! PT babies here we come!! Woot!

Now, I'm thinking this thread should be named Parabuthus Lovers. Not sure where to stick my pix for my P. Liosoma. My P. Trans has stayed hidden under his rock since I got him. I thought these guys were such big killers because they forage for food!! Oh well, my P. Liosoma have been out and about all the time so I got some camera time with the two biggest ones Very Happy hope you guys and gals enjoy!

"By the way, click the spoiler to indulge in pure scorpion photo bliss Very Happy":

Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty3/4/2011, 10:08 am

Shawn Bro.. i'm totally mesmerized!
Your Liosomas are very healthy with spotless beautiful bodies and seemed to be on an active prowl for a hunt! Twisted Evil

My temperature range here is 80-89F but my Liosoma pair haven molted once after so long & not even showing any signs of molting at all. I'm pretty excited in how much thicker is their tail gonna get thou.. haha

They look pretty much like ultra-fat mush-mellows tightly secured by rubber-bands now! pig
This is the pic i posted some time ago:

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 PL_1a

If you think thats fat. Be prepared for some surprises!
Will post up some updates pics on them & you'll know what i mean.. lolz

Btw Good suggestion bro. This thread has been renamed to:

" Parabuthus Discussion Thread - Thick-tails Lovers Fall In Here !!! "

Pse feel free to post pics/vids of your Parabuthus Thick-Tails or for any related discussions! All are welcomed Very Happy

Last but not least.. yeah! PT BABIES here we come !!!

Regards,
GS
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty3/4/2011, 1:22 pm

Well, I hope for some molts for you soon, and not to mention the way it works with you is we get a bunch of pictures too Very Happy So all the more luck to you lol!

I can't wait to get home from work to see the pic now! I'm glad we got a Parabuthus home now, these things are absolutely awesome!!

You should start up an Andro thread too since you have some of those as well. I have to touch bases with my contact here in the States too as I was going to pick up some androctonus mauretanicus this spring. I want a communal set up of fat tails so bad!!! And I wanna keep tabs on your AA, they are too beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Vin Diesel
Centruroides
Vin Diesel

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2011-02-19

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty3/4/2011, 8:50 pm

damn those are so bad [buttocks] scorpions! they make my two emperors look like baby rabbits.

Really nice scorps iitomo!
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty3/4/2011, 9:54 pm

Thanks Vin Very Happy Those are def my babies! And GS that PL is HUGE! One more meal and she'll have to molt!! I'll be watching for the other pictures and please snap a few when they finally decide to molt for you! I can't wait to see them in a fresh molt!
Back to top Go down
patrickm
Pandinus

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-03-01

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty3/7/2011, 1:42 am

This is General Patton, just added him to my collection a few weeks ago.

[img][Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Dsc_0012[/img]

[img][Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Dsc_0013[/img]
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty3/7/2011, 2:18 am

Hi Patrick, thanks for joining in Smile

Nice P.Trans you have there with the very THICK tail! Twisted Evil

It seems like a very spacious and cosy enclosure you have for him with nice contours on the sand surface.
2 feet tank?
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty3/7/2011, 8:43 am

I love the cricket stickin' out Very Happy And definitely glad to have another on the thread! Great looking boy you got there! I love how PT's tails are so fat they sit with a kink it em' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Envyizm
Breeder
Envyizm

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty3/8/2011, 11:48 pm

I kinda like to breed mine and stuff...
Big female a couple months after mating
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Dsc04010
Lining up for some good ol' fashion grip, sting, kiss and impale
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Dsc04110
Bad angle of some of the scorpion foreplay that went down
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Dsc04111
Avert your eyes, sickos!
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Dsc04112

Enjoy, but not too much... Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.insectgeeks.com/Envyizm
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty3/9/2011, 1:47 am

Nice, Envyizm. I hope you get loads of babies (be sure to update us!) I'm glad you're a breeder too Smile
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty3/9/2011, 2:01 am

Awesome photos! +1 on H. Laoticus, I'm hoping for lots of babies!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty3/9/2011, 2:30 am

Not sure why i can't view the photos. Proabably because of my office network.
Am checking it out once i'm home. Can't wait! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty3/9/2011, 11:46 am

Great work there Envyizm!
Love the pictures. Do keep us posted when she pops cheers
Back to top Go down
Envyizm
Breeder
Envyizm

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty3/10/2011, 9:36 am

I have two female P trans that are so close to having babies that I can taste them Drool. I'll definitely let people know when they drop because with two females, I won't be able to hoard them all like I usually do with my broods Razz .
Back to top Go down
http://www.insectgeeks.com/Envyizm
patrickm
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty3/11/2011, 5:18 pm

Hey guys I have a couple questions I couldn't find answers to on any care sheets or forums.

1. What is the typical behavior for your P. Tran? Mine tends to spend all of his time burrowed up in the cave I have for him. He's super lazy unless I remove the cave for cleaning. I'm wondering how normal that is.

2. How do you feed your P. Tran? All of the info I have seen talks about letting crickets or Dubia run around, and just removing it if they haven't been eaten in two days. My concern with doing is that the crickets might lay eggs inside the cave, left over body parts might get overlooked, or if my P. Tran is in a molt he may get nibbled on without me knowing.

One thing I have done personally is removed the cave so the enclosure is wide open and just payed close attention to everything until my little guy has absolutely butchered his food:) Does anyone else do this? Or possibly use a feeding container like I do for my snake?

3. How much do you food do you give your P. tran in perspective to the body size? Also how often? I've seen a lot of mixed info on this, love to hear from the experts!

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty3/13/2011, 12:56 pm

Hi Bro,
See replies below in orange, hope it helps!

patrickm wrote:
Hey guys I have a couple questions I couldn't find answers to on any care sheets or forums.

1. What is the typical behavior for your P. Tran? Mine tends to spend all of his time burrowed up in the cave I have for him. He's super lazy unless I remove the cave for cleaning. I'm wondering how normal that is.

For my P.Trans. 90% of the time is in their cave. Occasionally they'll take night stroll around the enclosure which can be observed using infra red lighting. That should be typical behavior for P.Trans.

2. How do you feed your P. Tran? All of the info I have seen talks about letting crickets or Dubia run around, and just removing it if they haven't been eaten in two days. My concern with doing is that the crickets might lay eggs inside the cave, left over body parts might get overlooked, or if my P. Tran is in a molt he may get nibbled on without me knowing.

If the substrate you used is sand, mostly likely crickets will not deposit their eggs unless the sand is moist. Left over body parts can be removed weekly, bi-weekly or even once a month depending on how "hardworking" you are. This is only for deserts' enclosure as mites is not so prominent as compared to damp forest substrates.

If you are worried your molting scorp might be munched on even though you have set a timing to remove the uneaten cricket after 2 days (coincidentally that your scorp decide to molt within the same two days which the crickets are still present within the enclosure), i suggest you leave a dried piece of cat food within the enclosure for the feeder to feed on and personally i find roach is a safer feeder to be left overnight with the scorp as compared to crickets (in terms of munching on molting scorp)

One thing I have done personally is removed the cave so the enclosure is wide open and just payed close attention to everything until my little guy has absolutely butchered his food:) Does anyone else do this? Or possibly use a feeding container like I do for my snake?

If i have the time, yes! hahaz.. but most of the time, i'll just throw the feeder in and leave it there if it's not been taken. As for feeding container, no.

3. How much do you food do you give your P. tran in perspective to the body size? Also how often? I've seen a lot of mixed info on this, love to hear from the experts!

I'm not an expert in them but i can share my weekly feeding schedule.
For:
2-3th Instar P.Trans: 2-3 crickets/roach of half body size
4-5th Instar P.Trans: 1-2 crickets/roach of half body size
6-7th Instar P.Trans: 1 Adult cricket/roach

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
patrickm
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty3/13/2011, 5:03 pm

Thanks GS your awesome! Any idea what Instar my guy might be? He looks fully grown but has had no problem eating half his body size in crickets twice a week. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp.
Page 9 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next