The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp.

Go down 
+54
thegromgrom
~Abyss~
Yames
F1refly
toidy
jeblbej
Parabuthus21
Scorpion19981000
lmiller
shadowfoot
Andrew Leigh
meteor
shebeen
liocheles
shining
Obeah
Henderson
beene38
AnthonyNeubauer
tfleming
Annababe
leiurusSaleen820
Will3
Chrome
Jay
Cyanide
Streettrash
Bedlam
tlb_05
DolbyR
pluto
spinnin_tom
Envyizm
patrickm
Vin Diesel
BradPitbull
gudb0i
Buggs
Dracennights
*~BEX~*
levi
Mr. Mordax
Canth
Kristopher
Jorpion
Manser
Lester
TELOW
iitomodachi1
Kerrby
H. laoticus
Scott Land
anemiaffx
**GS**
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/17/2010, 11:18 pm

René wrote:
I just tossed out mine now... I'm not much for a collection of dead animals Wink

Mine got tossed 2 days ago now too. Have to make room Very Happy
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/20/2010, 1:18 am

Buggs wrote:
I thought I'd post my P. trasvaalicus question here instead of creating a new post.

I have several 3rd instar P. trasvaalicus and I'd like to know when they are close to molting how they will behave. Do they just slow down and hide till the molt? Mine are really fat but they still come out at night and run around.

Welcome to post here Buggs, its all about P.Trans Smile

They will most likely slow down and hide under shelter but at times they'll just lie flat on the sand.

In my observation of the molts i had with them, 1-2 weeks just before they molt, they'll seldom roam around at night anymore.

Prior to molt, they might tend to be more easily irritated when you try to offer them food (e.g. slapping the food away using their tail) as compared to simply ignoring the presence of food when they are simply not hungry.

Buggs wrote:
The next molt is the one I'm waiting for. Does this next molt make them look like the adults?

If you are talking about the thick looking tail of the adults (which i fancy the most Twisted Evil), i would say from 5th instar onwards.

Additionally.. Male's chela is significantly bulbous in 7th instar.
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/21/2010, 11:28 am

Parabuthus Transvaalicus 1.0
7th Instar

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 PT_7i_Male_1

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 PT_7i_Male_2

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 PT_7i_Male_3

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 PT_7i_Male_4

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 PT_7i_Male_5

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 PT_7i_Male_6

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 PT_7i_Male_7
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/21/2010, 12:19 pm

Wow great pics...that first one is awesome! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/21/2010, 1:26 pm

It's beautiful! [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 129887

Hm, could I make you take a picture, where you can see the size? Perhaps next to a measuring tape? Wink would be nice! He looks big!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/21/2010, 10:17 pm

René wrote:
It's beautiful! [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 129887
Hm, could I make you take a picture, where you can see the size? Perhaps next to a measuring tape? Wink would be nice! He looks big!
Sure, will do so when i have the chance Very Happy

231bex wrote:
Wow great pics...that first one is awesome! Smile
Thanks bex Very Happy Thats my fav pic too!
Back to top Go down
levi
Centruroides
levi

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/21/2010, 11:18 pm

my ptrans never wonder out at night now..not like before shes always out there roaming around the enclosure
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/22/2010, 2:56 am

levi wrote:
my ptrans never wonder out at night now..not like before shes always out there roaming around the enclosure

shld be soon.. i'm guessing probably within these 2 weeks..

Another P.Trans 0.1 of mine who behaved this way just molted yesterday night to 5i.. its bigger then the recently molted 5i male in comparison.

This is the picture of her posted few weeks ago :

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 IMG_2992a

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 IMG_2989a

She had a final drink from the mist on the walls about 12 days prior to her molt:

Will be posting her molting sequence picture tonight.. this molt is different from the ones i usually saw which starts from a backflip (which the P.Trans' back is on the sand)...

Last edited by GS on 12/22/2010, 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/22/2010, 3:03 am

Ooooh, I'm excited for you Bro!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/23/2010, 11:06 am

Parabuthus Transvaalicus 0.1 - Molting Sequence
4th to 5th Instar:

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 4i_to_5i_MoltSq1

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 4i_to_5i_MoltSq2

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 4i_to_5i_MoltSq3

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 4i_to_5i_MoltSq4

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 4i_to_5i_MoltSq5

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 4i_to_5i_MoltSq6

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 4i_to_5i_MoltSq7

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 4i_to_5i_MoltSq8

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 4i_to_5i_MoltSq9

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 4i_to_5i_MoltSq10

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 4i_to_5i_MoltSq12

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 4i_to_5i_MoltSq13

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 4i_to_5i_MoltSq14

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 4i_to_5i_MoltSq11

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 4i_to_5i_MoltSq15

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 4i_to_5i_MoltSq16
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/23/2010, 12:20 pm

WOW! Great pictures [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 129887 What a difference in size from 4th to 5th instar!
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/23/2010, 9:13 pm

Awesome pics Bro! Great job catching the whole sequence and thanks for posting up the differences in the molts. Such beautiful kids!!
Back to top Go down
levi
Centruroides
levi

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/24/2010, 9:07 am

wow awesome pics bro
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/27/2010, 8:27 am

Thanks guys Smile

Oh yeah i missed out a short vid i took when its molting. Not the whole process but only partial of the process when it faces some difficulty as it pushes itself onto the walls.. it kinda crumpled her face and makes her look like a bulldog lol!

Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/27/2010, 8:53 am

wow great pics and vid cant wait to witness a proper molt all ours that have molted are tiny and done in burrows lol
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/27/2010, 3:17 pm

231bex wrote:
wow great pics and vid cant wait to witness a proper molt all ours that have molted are tiny and done in burrows lol

Thanks Bex!

Hmnn.. so far i have yet seen a molt for my forests scorps yet.. only barks & deserts.
Thats a different kinda experience you had that i hope to go through Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gudb0i
Pandinus

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-12-28

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/28/2010, 9:34 am

hope my p.trans molted soon 4i, unsexed. Thanks guys for posting great infos about p.trans!
Back to top Go down
levi
Centruroides
levi

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/28/2010, 12:08 pm

Yeah!im having my four 3i ptrans tomorrow..im so excited!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/28/2010, 9:14 pm

levi wrote:
Yeah!im having my four 3i ptrans tomorrow..im so excited!

Nice additions! Gratz bro cheers

gudb0i wrote:
hope my p.trans molted soon 4i, unsexed. Thanks guys for posting great infos about p.trans!

Glad you enjoyed your stay here. Feel free to join in discussion and also post pics/vids on your P.Trans if you have the time Very Happy
Cheers
Back to top Go down
BradPitbull
Pandinus

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-03-29

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/29/2010, 3:45 am

Nice thread bro keep it coming, this will help a lot. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/t5690-bradpitbull#67138
levi
Centruroides
levi

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty12/29/2010, 10:02 am

Got my 4 3i ptrans..im not used seeing thin ptrans..they need fattening..hehe,i really like how they hunt prey..i just given them juvie lats each same as their size and they killed them easily..awesome x4..haha
Back to top Go down
Buggs
Pandinus

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty1/4/2011, 12:14 am

Did I read somewhere in this thread that there is a darker strain of P. transvaalicus? Please let me know where I can see one of these and a pic of the regular adult.

Also, I was reading up on A. mauritanicus because it's a species that I am interested in and the person was saying that during the day you should keep it between 30-35(86-95F) Celsius and you should maintain similar temperatures for other African desert species. I am currently keeping my three P. transvaalicus in containers inside of a 38 gallon aquarium and have a ceramic heater and red light light beaming down inside. All areas of the aquarium are about 80-82 degrees F. At night it drops into the low 70,s. Am I keeping it warm enough during the day?
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty1/4/2011, 2:06 am

levi wrote:
Got my 4 3i ptrans..im not used seeing thin ptrans..they need fattening..hehe,i really like how they hunt prey..i just given them juvie lats each same as their size and they killed them easily..awesome x4..haha

Nice. Cant wait to see your P.Trans collection. They're indeed awesome!

Buggs wrote:
Did I read somewhere in this thread that there is a darker strain of P. transvaalicus? Please let me know where I can see one of these and a pic of the regular adult.

Also, I was reading up on A. mauritanicus because it's a species that I am interested in and the person was saying that during the day you should keep it between 30-35(86-95F) Celsius and you should maintain similar temperatures for other African desert species. I am currently keeping my three P. transvaalicus in containers inside of a 38 gallon aquarium and have a ceramic heater and red light light beaming down inside. All areas of the aquarium are about 80-82 degrees F. At night it drops into the low 70,s. Am I keeping it warm enough during the day?

Not sure which (dark or light strain) should be referred to as the regular morph but a googled image search on Parabuthus Transvaalicus does shows good findings, which i'm still checking them out regularly Smile

I think your day temp is good enough. Anything between 80-87F should be ideal.
Post up some pictures/vids of your setup/P.Trans if you have spare time.. its always great to see collection from fellow hobbist Wink
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty1/15/2011, 8:50 pm

So I've been MIA for a little while and get a very nice email from Nynoname with a heads up that Ken had some P. Trans! I'm still waiting on my order through Todd Gearheart and I found another source but was waiting until spring to order from him.
I had an order bought and paid for through Ken already of 4 P. Liosoma and just waiting for the weather to warm up before he ships so I bought 3 of the 4 P. Trans hoping he'd ship them together. I was too slow there was only 2 left but he said he believed they were a pair Very Happy
So I bought them and when it is warm enough to ship I will have 4 P. Liosoma and 2 P. Trans coming! Woot! I'm a bit excited as I know Ken may be a little more expensive than others but Ken is a sure shot! He has great service, is reliable and awesome to deal with, all of which cover the cost. For buying higher numbers he swings deals so that offsets things a bit too.
Anyways, just thought I'd share the good news. I will talk to the guy I was going to buy some PTs from and if it is cool and anyone is interested in them I'll gladly direct you to him. Just let me know. I have not ordered from him yet, but do talk to him regularly for a couple of months now and he definitely seems like a cool dude.
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty1/16/2011, 8:48 pm

Thats good news my friend!

Yeah i was still wondering why i haven't seen you around for quite abit.. same goes for Rene.. lolz

Anyways.. Welcome back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp.
Page 8 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next