The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp.

Go down 
+54
thegromgrom
~Abyss~
Yames
F1refly
toidy
jeblbej
Parabuthus21
Scorpion19981000
lmiller
shadowfoot
Andrew Leigh
meteor
shebeen
liocheles
shining
Obeah
Henderson
beene38
AnthonyNeubauer
tfleming
Annababe
leiurusSaleen820
Will3
Chrome
Jay
Cyanide
Streettrash
Bedlam
tlb_05
DolbyR
pluto
spinnin_tom
Envyizm
patrickm
Vin Diesel
BradPitbull
gudb0i
Buggs
Dracennights
*~BEX~*
levi
Mr. Mordax
Canth
Kristopher
Jorpion
Manser
Lester
TELOW
iitomodachi1
Kerrby
H. laoticus
Scott Land
anemiaffx
**GS**
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/6/2010, 1:17 am

Hey Bex, great sig btw!! I love the 'Scorpionism' Very Happy

Also speaking of which - 'Get Over Here!!' to this side of the pond anyways, I'm thinking I have 8 P. Trans coming from another source and if my original order doesn't turn into a rip off I'll have 3 more coming at some point so potentially 11 total. Arizona Bark scorpions too which I'm not sure what I'll do with just yet, maybe just keep them but they would be breedable for sure Very Happy

And yes, I feel like a kid right before Christmas as this next deal seems solid and I could have some P Trans sooner than later!! And come spring some Androctonus Mauritanicus!!!

What's better than fat tail scorps? Communal fat tail scorps!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/6/2010, 9:48 am

iitomodachi1 wrote:

Communal fat tails? Shocked Which specie is that?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/6/2010, 10:56 am

René wrote:
iitomodachi1 wrote:

Communal fat tails? Shocked Which specie is that?

To the best of my knowledge, Brian_S (on Arachnoboards and Venomlist) keeps all his adult Androctonus spp. communally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/6/2010, 12:14 pm

Really? That sounds like a catastrophe waiting to happen! I'm not gonna try that.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/6/2010, 1:00 pm

I was referring to Androctonus Mauritanicus. I thought that those were the only Andros able to be kept communal, as adults only sort of communal Smile of course. That was why I had wanted that specific species in Androctonus anyways.

Mr. Mordax, does has this guy been doing this successfully for a while now? I have not yet kept any Andros so I'm curious and am excited for the connection I have made to potentially get some AM's this spring Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/6/2010, 1:12 pm

I have never heard of this before, to the contrary I have heard that it wasn't possible!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/6/2010, 9:43 pm

Brian is quite the expert; he's one of the owners of Venomlist. The key, as with just about everything besides emps, is to only keep adults together and to provide plenty of hiding spaces.
Back to top Go down
Canth
Babycurus
Canth

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/6/2010, 10:03 pm

Mr. Mordax wrote:
Brian is quite the expert; he's one of the owners of Venomlist. The key, as with just about everything besides emps, is to only keep adults together and to provide plenty of hiding spaces.

I've done the same. As long as the set up is big enough and there's enough hiding places and food, there should be no problems. However with the current price of these scorps, do it at your own risk.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/7/2010, 12:50 am

I think if I do, I'll make sure I have a breeding pair set aside in individual enclosures Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/7/2010, 7:31 am

I might try it with my 0.0.6 arriving this week, just to clarify (and save ever decreasing space Rolling Eyes )!

But is it only with adults or can it be done with subadults/scorplings aswell?
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/7/2010, 9:14 am

René wrote:
I might try it with my 0.0.6 arriving this week, just to clarify (and save ever decreasing space Rolling Eyes )!

I have heard only with adults, but then again I have only heard AM's until now. I'd be a bit worried about molting brethren. It sounds like if these are communal and need a lot of space to be so they really aren't communal like AFS but they are communal in the sense that they can tolerate each other more so then being communal. Just my understanding.
Back to top Go down
Canth
Babycurus
Canth

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/7/2010, 11:36 am

Only with adults!!!! It's not "true" communal, it's just them living in their own space which happens to be with another of the same species.

Molting instars will be eaten if kept communally
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/7/2010, 11:46 am

Ah, okay thanks! I think I might just keep them one in each enclosure Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/7/2010, 1:05 pm

René wrote:

Mr. Mordax wrote:
The key, as with just about everything besides emps, is to only keep adults together and to provide plenty of hiding spaces.

Also as backed up by Canth.
Back to top Go down
levi
Centruroides
levi

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/7/2010, 9:32 pm

Yow sir gs bro could you tell me signs of pre molt for p trans?mine looks obese and refuse to eat
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/7/2010, 9:54 pm

levi wrote:
Yow sir gs bro could you tell me signs of pre molt for p trans? mine looks obese and refuse to eat

Hey man Smile

Apart from being obese and refusing food, few things i've observed when they are really nearing their molt:

- Most of the time they'll lie flat on the sand and the tail will be somewhat in a straighten position (as if they are stretching)

- Occasional flicking of their tail (which i believe that it could be their way of loosening the exo shell) even when you are far from them (which they usually only do that as an act of defense if they feel threatened by surrounding factors e.g. us the disturbing humans Laughing )
Back to top Go down
levi
Centruroides
levi

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/7/2010, 9:57 pm

Thanks sir gs bro..ill watch out for that signs
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/7/2010, 10:14 pm

levi wrote:
Thanks sir gs bro..ill watch out for that signs

No prob bro.
If you suspect a molt is coming up, try your best not to disturb it in the meantime (e.g. poking it lightly or swinging a stick infront of it to see if its still alive or such) which i do feel the urge to do it sometime.. haha..
then i come to a conclusion.. if its dying, its dying.. no point to do anything.. if its molting and we disturb them at this point.. they might delay their molt or die out of stress (less likely death in this case.. but hey.. they are my precious Gems so its better to be on the safe side Smile)

Anyway.. do update us on your P Trans when it molts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
levi
Centruroides
levi

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/8/2010, 12:00 pm

Well ill try feeding her again i tried offering food twice this week and she just ignore them all..maybe im just being a paranoid noob and just jumping to conclusion bout pre-molt hehe..sir gs have you ever have an 8i ptrans my friend does and he told me its a rare thing to happen..is this true?
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/8/2010, 12:41 pm

Hey Levi, I don't think a week is anything to worry about. Your PT is pretty new as well correct? If so it is probably still getting used to its new home and is a bit nervous. If it doesn't eat after a little while make sure you take the prey out and just wait another few days to a week and try again. I'd assume you have nothing to worry about for a month or so but I definitely understand your concern as I get that way too Very Happy

GS may have some more PT specific info for you but those are my thoughts
Back to top Go down
levi
Centruroides
levi

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/8/2010, 1:03 pm

Well the first time i feed her she eats..a small roach and she greedily eat it all..as in only the legs and a bit of the head is the only left over part..after 3 days i tried feeding her again she ignores it..and after 3 days i tried it again she ignored it again..pretty lucky roach hehe
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/8/2010, 5:09 pm

iitomodachi1 wrote:
levi wrote:
Well ill try feeding her again i tried offering food twice this week and she just ignore them all..maybe im just being a paranoid noob and just jumping to conclusion bout pre-molt hehe..
Hey Levi, I don't think a week is anything to worry about. Your PT is pretty new as well correct? If so it is probably still getting used to its new home and is a bit nervous. If it doesn't eat after a little while make sure you take the prey out and just wait another few days to a week and try again. I'd assume you have nothing to worry about for a month or so but I definitely understand your concern as I get that way too Very Happy

GS may have some more PT specific info for you but those are my thoughts

+1 on that bro. Thats my exact thoughts Very Happy

levi wrote:
Well ill try feeding her again i tried offering food twice this week and she just ignore them all..maybe im just being a paranoid noob and just jumping to conclusion bout pre-molt hehe..sir gs have you ever have an 8i ptrans my friend does and he told me its a rare thing to happen..is this true?

Yes i believe its rare. A good friend of mine get his to 8i too.
Takes patience to achieve that if you start raising them at early instars of 3-4 Smile
Back to top Go down
levi
Centruroides
levi

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/9/2010, 3:42 am

I tried feeding my ptrans with disabled roach (all legs are removed) but she just toss it aside like she doesnt want them..i tried a few times and she just still doing the ric flair thing (where ric flair slaps the chest of his opponent and shouting woah! hehe) and no tail stinging moves..is this normal ptrans behaviour?
Back to top Go down
levi
Centruroides
levi

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/9/2010, 3:47 am

Do you have to do anything special to reach 8i?
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty12/9/2010, 3:50 am

lol Ric Flair the nature boy. Your P. trans may just not be hungry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp.
Page 5 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next