The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp.

Go down 
+54
thegromgrom
~Abyss~
Yames
F1refly
toidy
jeblbej
Parabuthus21
Scorpion19981000
lmiller
shadowfoot
Andrew Leigh
meteor
shebeen
liocheles
shining
Obeah
Henderson
beene38
AnthonyNeubauer
tfleming
Annababe
leiurusSaleen820
Will3
Chrome
Jay
Cyanide
Streettrash
Bedlam
tlb_05
DolbyR
pluto
spinnin_tom
Envyizm
patrickm
Vin Diesel
BradPitbull
gudb0i
Buggs
Dracennights
*~BEX~*
levi
Mr. Mordax
Canth
Kristopher
Jorpion
Manser
Lester
TELOW
iitomodachi1
Kerrby
H. laoticus
Scott Land
anemiaffx
**GS**
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty10/31/2010, 10:24 pm

iitomodachi1: The waiting usually a torment but surely is exciting! Very Happy

Lester: Yoz bud, how i wish mine are adults like yrs.. simply awesome!
Now mine are undergoing plumping exercise.. lolz

Manser: Thanks mate! Smile

H. laoticus: Yeah.. they are at their top speed when not overfed. I love them!

Back to top Go down
Jorpion
Pandinus
Jorpion

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/1/2010, 8:30 am

Outstanding pics and vids!! Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/2/2010, 11:13 pm

Ok, I was all worried about the guy who I was ordering my P. Trans from but am totally reassured now, sent an email and he called me from Florida to explain what is going on. Messed up shipment from Africa but back up plans with breeders. I'm content when someone puts in the effort to call me to explain things. Hopefully the P. Trans come sooner than later but feel much better that they will be coming either way! Guess my B. Jacksoni additions will have to tide me over Very Happy
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/3/2010, 9:05 am

Jorpion: Thanks mate Very Happy

iitomodachi1: Sry to hear about the delay.. the Good thing is that he is making things right for you.
I had my share of utterly irresponsible sellers before... that why i appreciate great sellers who kept good communication throughout the transaction. All the best mate! Update us once they are here cheers

And B. Jacksoni.... surely they can ease your addiction at the moment.. they have awesome colorings *slurp* !!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Some updates on my P. Trans   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/12/2010, 12:56 pm

After 1 week...

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 IMG_2652a
After 2 weeks...
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 IMG_2618a
After 3 weeks...
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 IMG_3008a

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 IMG_3004a

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 IMG_2992a

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 IMG_2989a
"Ok now i'm finally full..."
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 IMG_2971a
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/12/2010, 6:25 pm

lol wow, it's a balloon now. My eyes aren't trained to see if it's in premolt or gravid, but I hope it's the latter!
Back to top Go down
Kristopher
Centruroides
Kristopher

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/12/2010, 7:14 pm

Wow!!! Very impressive GS. Those are some really beautiful scorps you have. I can't believe how fat that P. trans is. LOL! She's about to pop! Great job with the pics and vids too. Keep it up mate! cheers
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/14/2010, 10:45 am

Kristopher wrote:
Wow!!! Very impressive GS. Those are some really beautiful scorps you have. I can't believe how fat that P. trans is. LOL! She's about to pop! Great job with the pics and vids too. Keep it up mate! cheers
H. laoticus wrote:
lol wow, it's a balloon now. My eyes aren't trained to see if it's in premolt or gravid, but I hope it's the latter!

Thanks guys Very Happy
I do hope they are gravid P.Trans but they're only sub-adults (4-5i) so i guess they are in premolt or simply just FAT.. lol
Thanks guys. Glad that you enjoyed the pictures/vids Smile
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/16/2010, 4:10 am

Some pictures i took today to share..
Parabuthus Transvaalicus under Blacklight:

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Backlight_IMG_3139a

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Backlight_IMG_3137a

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Backlight_IMG_3125a

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Backlight_IMG_3114a

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Backlight_IMG_3122a
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/16/2010, 4:49 am

Beautiful pics, GS!!
Amazing colors, especially the blend of blue, purple, pink.
I am 100% certain now that it is in pre-molt since you mentioned the instars, but there's also something interesting I'd like to mention.

I have been reading and it would appear that the shape of the scorpion may indicated when it's gravid and when it's in pre-molt. There may be one for when they're just plain full, but I haven't seen many pics of those.
As you can see from your scorpion, the tergites are clearly separated at the top. From our observations we can deduce that this would indicate a molt.
When looking at gravid scorpions, however, the shape of the body differs. The tergites are not stretched at the top, but rather, the bottom of the scorpion is enlarged. The bulge also seems to be more defined near the rear of the scorpion.
Hopefully those who are experiencing both molt and gravid scorpions at the same time will be able to contribute to this and we can see if this holds true.
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/16/2010, 11:18 am

H. laoticus wrote:
Beautiful pics, GS!!
Amazing colors, especially the blend of blue, purple, pink.
I am 100% certain now that it is in pre-molt since you mentioned the instars, but there's also something interesting I'd like to mention.

I have been reading and it would appear that the shape of the scorpion may indicated when it's gravid and when it's in pre-molt. There may be one for when they're just plain full, but I haven't seen many pics of those.
As you can see from your scorpion, the tergites are clearly separated at the top. From our observations we can deduce that this would indicate a molt.
When looking at gravid scorpions, however, the shape of the body differs. The tergites are not stretched at the top, but rather, the bottom of the scorpion is enlarged. The bulge also seems to be more defined near the rear of the scorpion.
Hopefully those who are experiencing both molt and gravid scorpions at the same time will be able to contribute to this and we can see if this holds true.

Great observation & findings mate! I bet this is very useful for differentiating between molts, gravids and simply fat.
Now i'll definitely try to observe the tergites area more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/16/2010, 3:42 pm

Yes, it'll be great if it actually isn't a myth, but holds true. It may differ in some species, but hopefully we can use it for specific ones.
There's also the vein that has been reported to show in some gravid species right down the back. Pretty interesting stuff!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/16/2010, 4:54 pm

H. laoticus wrote:

Well, scorpions can't get gravid until they have made the FINAL molt to adult, so therefore molt and gravid will never occur at the same time Wink
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/16/2010, 5:48 pm

René wrote:
H. laoticus wrote:

Well, scorpions can't get gravid until they have made the FINAL molt to adult, so therefore molt and gravid will never occur at the same time Wink

I know Rene Laughing
I meant if they own two scorpions of the same species and if one is in premolt while the other is gravid to give us a comparison of the two Smile
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/17/2010, 2:09 am

H. laoticus wrote:
René wrote:
H. laoticus wrote:

I know Rene Laughing
I meant if they own two scorpions of the same species and if one is in premolt while the other is gravid to give us a comparison of the two Smile

I got what you meant bro.. Laughing
See if we can get close up shots of a gravid and a molting scorp and update again.
If anyone can share their pics pls feel free to post too Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/17/2010, 7:51 am

H. laoticus wrote:
René wrote:
H. laoticus wrote:

I know Rene Laughing

Ah, lol, my bad Embarassed Now it makes sence! Wink
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/22/2010, 12:18 pm

A pleasant surprise when i got home from my office!
Sry if i sound like a 3 yr old.. i'm just so excited !!! I love my P.Trans !!!

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 PT_5i_Molt_1

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 PT_5i_Molt_2

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 PT_5i_Molt_3

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 PT_5i_Molt_6

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 PT_5i_Molt_7

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 PT_5i_Molt_8

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 PT_5i_Molt_9

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 PT_5i_Molt_10

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 PT_5i_Molt_5

Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/22/2010, 1:23 pm

Sweet Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/22/2010, 1:30 pm

Oh it's so nice Cool

Hopefully I'm getting 8 of these in 4th instar next month!!!
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/22/2010, 1:50 pm

Awesome Bro, so close to breeding Very Happy Those are awesome pics once again too!!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/23/2010, 11:03 am

H. laoticus wrote:
Sweet Smile
Thanks bro Very Happy

René wrote:
Oh it's so nice Cool

Hopefully I'm getting 8 of these in 4th instar next month!!!
Wow.. NICE !! haha

iitomodachi1 wrote:
Awesome Bro, so close to breeding Very Happy Those are awesome pics once again too!!
Thanks Bro! Yeah a little step closer.. hahz
Raising from young to adulthood is slow but it does bring more joy seeing them grow Very Happy
Btw.. I really cant imagine how many molts you will be facing with all your broods.. haha.. joy x 1000! lolz
Back to top Go down
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/29/2010, 12:24 am

Well, it is looking like my adult P. Trans are not coming, I'm thinking the order from Mozambique got messed up, but it sounds like there may be some state side cb 1/2 inch babies available very soon. I hope I get a few extra now with the babies rather than the adults!

Hopefully I can post an update in a few weeks, I'm tickled pink that they may actually be available in the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/29/2010, 3:26 am

iitomodachi1 wrote:
Well, it is looking like my adult P. Trans are not coming, I'm thinking the order from Mozambique got messed up, but it sounds like there may be some state side cb 1/2 inch babies available very soon. I hope I get a few extra now with the babies rather than the adults!

Hopefully I can post an update in a few weeks, I'm tickled pink that they may actually be available in the next few weeks.

Hey bro,
Sry to hear abt that. I hope I can hook you up with some P.Trans babies soon Very Happy *finger crossed

Btw I got another P.Trans molted yesterday and i think i got 99% of the whole process captured on my camera phone.
I'll upload them once i had them sorted out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Canth
Babycurus
Canth

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/29/2010, 4:09 am

iitomodachi1 wrote:

There's some P. transvaalicus over on AB for under $20 (I think it's $17) being sold by KyuZo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty11/29/2010, 7:46 am

iitomodachi1 wrote:

Don't sdend them anymore money if they ask! I know a lot of people that's been screwed by animal dealers from tanzania and mozambique and normally it's allways something like "oh, we forgot to tell you about this extra tax on 500$, etc."...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp.
Page 2 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next