The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ChatBox

Share | 

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Manser
Babycurus

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/29/2010, 7:51 am

that sucks man, hope you didnt loose to much money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
iitomodachi1
Tityus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2010-08-01

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/29/2010, 9:18 am

No I am dealing with a dealer who is dealing with someone in Mozambique. This guy is actually in Florida and came highly recommended. I started to wonder after a little while and then he actually called me to explain. He was working on some breeders for CBs' and it sounds like that time is just about here. When the guy called he was very reassuring, professions and we just chatted for about 45 min.

I have a hunch if anything doesn't go through with the PT's I will have store credit with him so it shouldn't be a big thing and I shouldn't have to worry about sending more money to Mozambique. He had explained that happens a lot though. Tough to get on a shipping container and you often get bought out even if you paid in advance. Really sux Sad Oh well, CB will be a bit better. And if I can afford to get some form somewhere else I will and just use the money as credit for other critters Smile

Thanks all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
**GS**
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/29/2010, 10:59 pm

iitomodachi1 wrote:
No I am dealing with a dealer who is dealing with someone in Mozambique. This guy is actually in Florida and came highly recommended. I started to wonder after a little while and then he actually called me to explain. He was working on some breeders for CBs' and it sounds like that time is just about here. When the guy called he was very reassuring, professions and we just chatted for about 45 min.

I have a hunch if anything doesn't go through with the PT's I will have store credit with him so it shouldn't be a big thing and I shouldn't have to worry about sending more money to Mozambique. He had explained that happens a lot though. Tough to get on a shipping container and you often get bought out even if you paid in advance. Really sux Sad Oh well, CB will be a bit better. And if I can afford to get some form somewhere else I will and just use the money as credit for other critters Smile

Thanks all

Hey Bro, I'm glad to hear that there is a backup plan for you. Did he actually promise on the store credit thing if something goes wrong? He should btw..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canth
Babycurus

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/29/2010, 11:09 pm

Please tell me this isn't Todd Gearheart you're dealing with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/30/2010, 2:11 am

Canth wrote:
Please tell me this isn't Todd Gearheart you're dealing with.

Yes it is, why have you had some bad experiences? If for whatever reason you don't want to post feel free to pm me, but I'm alright with talking freely too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canth
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/30/2010, 2:33 am

I've never done business with him but a personal friend of mine has and had a negative experience. I'm just going to link you to this review and let you read it for yourself.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?p=1237006&highlight=kevin#post1237006

Be careful with the whole "store credit" thing is all I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/30/2010, 3:18 am

Thanks for the heads up. I'm reading the review now. And if I'm taking a trip down to FL to meet up with Rene, Manser and Kristopher I could very well pay him a visit if need be Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canth
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/30/2010, 3:24 am

iitomodachi1 wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. I'm reading the review now. And if I'm taking a trip down to FL to meet up with Rene, Manser and Kristopher I could very well pay him a visit if need be Very Happy

Oh nice! What are y'all going to Florida for?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/30/2010, 3:47 am

I think Rene has a buddy who has a house there, Kristopher is from there and I thought Manser was thinking about going. I offered to fly down and by the Euros a beer or 20 Very Happy Gotta make sure they have a good time and really these guys just seem like cool cats and a plane ticket to FL for the weekend should be pretty cheap Very Happy

I was trying to get them to head to the SW but no dice on this one.

as for Todd, stuff seems alright so far, I can be understanding and patient. Shortly after the order it started getting cold, so since they didn't go out right away it may better their chances to wait a bit. I'm hopping for the best. That review is sounding very similar though and I hope this transaction turns out better. I was holding off to do any sort of review until everything is said and done. I'll give him a little credit too, I think he is older than I am by a few years or so, that being said the internet didn't really kick up for most until mid to late 90's, and painful at that time too. So he probably isn't that into computers and stuff. Anyway, thanks for the heads up and I'll be sure to let you know how everything turns out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canth
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/30/2010, 4:06 am

No prob, I hope your deal goes smoothly! And I hope you have fun with your European guests Smile You should come out to Texas sometime, the inverts and herps are great out west!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/30/2010, 4:29 am

Well, funny you should say that Canth because I was in Austin for a couple weeks last year Very Happy I was hoping to make it back this year but did a custody battle for my son instead :/ Hopefully next year, if you wanna meet up and wouldn't mind showing me where some good hunting grounds are I'd love to swing by Houston for a bit. I've been to Dallas, Austin and San Antonio and loved them all, especially Austin though! So I may as well check off the Houston at some point! I love that State!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/30/2010, 8:15 am

iitomodachi1 wrote:

Yea, we should pay him a visit when we all go to florida :hulk: lol
Back to top Go down
Canth
Babycurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/30/2010, 9:06 am

iitomodachi1 wrote:
Well, funny you should say that Canth because I was in Austin for a couple weeks last year Very Happy I was hoping to make it back this year but did a custody battle for my son instead :/ Hopefully next year, if you wanna meet up and wouldn't mind showing me where some good hunting grounds are I'd love to swing by Houston for a bit. I've been to Dallas, Austin and San Antonio and loved them all, especially Austin though! So I may as well check off the Houston at some point! I love that State!

There's no point in visiting Houston, there's nothing here! Razz San Antonio and Austin are pretty great areas, yet you still have to see the western part of the state. It's totally different! I'll definitely be making at least one trip out there this summer, maybe even two or three.

Houston may be an OK tourist town, but it sucks for flora and fauna. Sometimes it seems like Houston is one big blank in the middle of most species' distribution maps!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/30/2010, 9:27 am

Fair enough, when I make it out there we head West Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/30/2010, 9:33 am

Reminds me though, just curious what species do you know off the top of your head that would be found in the Dallas area? Have family that live there, Yes awkward being both a Packers and a Cowboys fan Very Happy. I visiting when I was in middle school and remember them living just outside of the city in Flower Mound, well we found a scorp in the bathroom, well my mom did and screemed (didn't like bugz, still doesnt, should see my son chase her around when she visits with spider molts trying to tell her they are fake they are just molts and not spiders any more and they are soft just touch them! Funniest thing ever!!) so my uncle took me in to kill it. Grabbed a piece of wood played with it for a bit then hit it with his shoe.
I remember it was little and light brown/tan. I can't remember clear enough to id it looking at pictures of species. Just thought I'd ask if you had any idea what is common to find in the house or around up there?

oops, sorry to stray didn't realize I was doing so again - shoot me a pm if you don't want to stay anymore if you can think of anything Very Happy

Last edited by iitomodachi1 on 11/30/2010, 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : apologizing for hijacking the thread :()
Back to top Go down
View user profile
**GS**
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/30/2010, 10:33 am

Parabuthus Transvaalicus - Molting 3 -> 4i

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. Mordax
Administrator

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/30/2010, 1:36 pm

Amazing sequence, GS! cheers

Canth wrote:
You should come out to Texas sometime, the inverts and herps are great out west!!!

Been there, done that, found scorps with Canth. What a Face

Back to top Go down
View user profile
**GS**
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/30/2010, 2:04 pm

Mr. Mordax wrote:
Amazing sequence, GS! cheers:

Thanks Mr. Mordax Smile

I'm lucky to be able to capture the whole sequence and it was a tiring 4 hours molting process for the poor little guy :hulk:

Now i just appreciate them even more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   11/30/2010, 9:45 pm

+1 on Mr. Mordax, thanks for posting that up, beautiful shots!! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   12/1/2010, 5:37 am

Yes, great molting squence!
Back to top Go down
levi
Centruroides

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   12/1/2010, 6:29 am

do ptrans differ in color??mine's a bit brownish
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   12/1/2010, 10:24 am

I believe they do from what I've read, I think PT's range from a dull brownish to black, not 100% though as I don't have any ...yet Sad!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
**GS**
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   12/1/2010, 10:44 am

Levi: So far i've heard there's a dark and light morph of P. Trans. Mine should be dark morph, when you get hold of a camera, do upload yours so we can identify it better Smile

Shawn Bro, hope you get yours soon. I believe its just a matter of time, before you show neat pictures of them in your beautiful enclosure setup for them Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manser
Babycurus

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   12/1/2010, 11:28 am

so envious of you gs lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
iitomodachi1
Tityus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   12/1/2010, 11:32 pm

Thanks GS, I'm like a 4 year old at Christmas. I'm about ready to purchase else where though if I don't hear something soon, and if I get the original order then, either I'll have a lot of PT's or I'll sell them.

Manser - don't be envious of me man, I'm feelin the same as you except I am able to have them and am stuck waiting for eternity!! I wanna scream!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next