The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp.

Go down 
+54
thegromgrom
~Abyss~
Yames
F1refly
toidy
jeblbej
Parabuthus21
Scorpion19981000
lmiller
shadowfoot
Andrew Leigh
meteor
shebeen
liocheles
shining
Obeah
Henderson
beene38
AnthonyNeubauer
tfleming
Annababe
leiurusSaleen820
Will3
Chrome
Jay
Cyanide
Streettrash
Bedlam
tlb_05
DolbyR
pluto
spinnin_tom
Envyizm
patrickm
Vin Diesel
BradPitbull
gudb0i
Buggs
Dracennights
*~BEX~*
levi
Mr. Mordax
Canth
Kristopher
Jorpion
Manser
Lester
TELOW
iitomodachi1
Kerrby
H. laoticus
Scott Land
anemiaffx
**GS**
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty3/13/2011, 10:32 pm

patrickm wrote:
Thanks GS your awesome! Any idea what Instar my guy might be? He looks fully grown but has had no problem eating half his body size in crickets twice a week. Thanks again!

If he's a full grown adult male, it's nothing serious to worry about. My adult male only eats like a roach/cricket half its body size every 7-10 days as compared to my females with furious appetite. He might be keeping his body slim and fit for the adult female.. haha
Most likely, as long as your scorp is not dragging his tail across the enclosure or with legs in the process of curling in towards his/her body. He should be fine Smile

PS: Scorp in pre-molt does have his/her tail fully stretched out at times but if you touch it gently at the end of the tail with a pair of tongs, him/her should move a lil or even flick his/her tail defensively.

Hope it helps!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty3/13/2011, 11:13 pm

GS wrote:
They look pretty much like ultra-fat mush-mellows tightly secured by rubber-bands now! pig
This is the pic i posted some time ago:

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 PL_1a

If you think thats fat. Be prepared for some surprises!
Will post up some updates pics on them & you'll know what i mean.. lolz

As promised, some updates on my Parabuthus Liosomas' in their premolt condition.

Most likely i gonna rename them as "THICK-BUTT" male & female soon.. lolz

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Premolt1

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Premolt2

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Premolt3

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Premolt4

They are still feeding every 1-2 weeks and both are really active at night.

I wonder when they are going to EXPLODE! Chin Scratch

Am really looking forward to their molt! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
patrickm
Pandinus

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-03-01

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty3/14/2011, 12:41 am

GS wrote:

if you touch it gently at the end of the tail with a pair of tongs, him/her should move a lil

HAHA love the emphasis!
Back to top Go down
Lester
Tityus
Lester

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty3/14/2011, 5:05 am

bro ....

how come your avatar hector so fat liao ????? lolx.. you pump it with what ??? lolx
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty3/14/2011, 1:17 pm

Lester wrote:
bro ....
how come your avatar hector so fat liao ????? lolx.. you pump it with what ??? lolx
Lolz.. She's in premolt on my avatar's pic which she molted to 7i shortly after. Of cos, credit goes to juicy b.lateralis as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/9/2011, 1:10 pm

Where are all the thick-tailed lovers? Smile

Some updated pics on my P.Trans to share:

Parabuthus Transvaalicus Pair 1: 7i male + 7i female(premolt to 8i)

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 PTrans_Pair1_Pic_1

Parabuthus Transvaalicus Pair 2: 7i female(premolt to 8i) + 7i male

This is a giant male, he's actually much bigger then the female.
He has not been fed since his recent molt few weeks ago (before this pic was taken) while the female is already in premolt to 8i. For his size, I'm hoping he'll have an easier time to subdue an 8i female.

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 PTrans_Pair2_Pic1
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 PTrans_Pair2_Pic2

Parabuthus Transvaalicus Male: 7th Instar (Freshly molted)
Sexual dimorphism of bulbous chelas is clearly shown in 7i and an increase in tail-to-body ratio has been observed as well.

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 PTrans_Male_7i_Pic1
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 PTrans_Male_7i_Pic_2

Last edited by GS on 5/9/2011, 2:07 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Pics update)
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

Number of posts : 915
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/9/2011, 1:40 pm

*cries* damn UK, can't get these without a license, still they are very hard to get a hold of. Americans count yourselves very lucky, you live around wild scorpions every day.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/9/2011, 6:01 pm

You can, just have to keep your tongue in in case DWA police comes sniffing these forums out, which I doubt.. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
Envyizm
Breeder
Envyizm

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/9/2011, 11:12 pm

GS wrote:
Where are all the thick-tailed lovers? Smile

They're around somewhere. Probably tending to the giant mound of babies their transvaalicus just had Wink. Pretty good sized babies for a Parabuthus at that. I'll post some pictures of the little monsters once they reach 2i.
Back to top Go down
http://www.insectgeeks.com/Envyizm
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

Number of posts : 915
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/10/2011, 2:32 am

pluto wrote:
You can, just have to keep your tongue in in case DWA police comes sniffing these forums out, which I doubt.. Twisted Evil
i would never do that.. still, it would be finding a place that sells any buthidae, would have to get them imported, the price would soon mount up. how much do you non uk guys pick 'em up for?
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/10/2011, 3:35 am

Well I dont know what prices seem or dont seem reasonable to you but.. I have a really good supplier toward quality of the specimen. Not the cheapest, but you can count on them to give you healthy scorpions.

This is why i buy there. Czech are probably even a lot cheaper (i know), but I have had bad experiences with them (not offending any nationality). And I never had any DOA with quality people.

For androctonus slings i3 10 euro a piece taken by 5.
For WC adult A.A. 20 euro also on orders by 5

Around 40 euro bicolor
Around 50 crassicauda

Leiurus 20 euro...
Parabuthus Transvalicus 6 euro per scorpling.

To me those prices are reasonable, especially when you know they are profesionally shipped in styrobox, with heatpack, and all there is to it. No description on the box whatsoever.

Not that big a deal..... I dont see what the problem is. Most German people for instance will ship to the UK. I have no doubt
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/10/2011, 8:57 am

pluto wrote:
Czech are probably even a lot cheaper (i know), but I have had bad experiences with them (not offending any nationality)

Would you mind sharing? Was it a quality problem? I've heard several bad things about Czech but atleast so far didn't have problems with my animals which are most of them from there.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/10/2011, 10:40 am

I have had 2 attempts.

First one, the person said to me to pay with Western Union. He refused another method of payment. As you know, Western Union is where the conmen are at. There was also an attitude as we will send them as we please, be it today, tomorrow or next month.

They said they only accept WU because they have to pay big taxes on Paypal and the likes.. Lol right.

Let us be honest, we look forward to having our critter at home.. safe and sound, like a kid likes candy, we like our bugs. At least for me it is. I don't like the "pay me and leave me alone mentalitity" including 'I dont care about the animals' as long as they are sold.

Whenever I sell an invert, be it only one sling.. I send them asap (if weather permits, if not I tell it to the person buying from me). I pack them tight and ensure the animal gets around alive. I provide the pack with a tracking number and estimated time on arrival.

It is meant to be fun for the buyer.. and it is good to keep him/her informed as it is stressing for the animal and the buyer. Will it be alive? How will it look like? Where is it? When will it be here? You know, those questions.

I also experienced profound shipping costs of 35 euro!!! Must be packed with gold ribbons.

So I turned away, this is not the way to do bussiness.

Example 2

I received one balfouri semi alive (dehydrated) in e plastic cup where the paper hasnt been moistened, so the paper walls collapsed and the spider was entangled in them. The other one just died. I cannot complain about delivery times (3 days it was). So it was careless packing and bad treatment of the animals. Missing one leg btw, which I wasnt informed on. Too bad.

They were cheap, they were bad.

I have had a third experience buying Macrothele Gigas. They were priced skyhigh. Since I couldn't get any somewhere else, I almost agreed. They were 150 euro for a semi adult. Not even getting any discount if I bought more. Out of the question. The way they said no to me can only be described hillbilly like.

I found an import M. Gigas from Germany for 30-50 euro depending on size (semi adult- adult) . Buying 3x the amount of spiders for the same euros. They were in a great shape.

It is clear, the experiences I had were people only obsessed by money and not doing it for the hobby. I'm sorry I can only follow my own experiences.. This is why I shop (rarely do it now since I have all what i need Smile ) just across the borders (always had top notch specimen in good condition) and leave the cheaper stuff behind.

Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/10/2011, 10:50 am

I see what you're talking about, unfortunately the local shops follow the same policies.
As I said, most of my inverts (and both by beardies) are from CZ, but I don't personally have to deal with them, as I know somebody who regularly goes there personally to pick the animals and brings them over the border.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/10/2011, 10:55 am

Well at least they're with a invert passionate person now cheers
Back to top Go down
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/19/2011, 5:33 am

imma get my p trans soon Smile

Ill post his/her picture soon Smile
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/19/2011, 7:23 am

Envyizm wrote:
They're around somewhere. Probably tending to the giant mound of babies their transvaalicus just had Wink. Pretty good sized babies for a Parabuthus at that. I'll post some pictures of the little monsters once they reach 2i.
I'm envious Smile
Look forward to your scorplings' pics bro!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/19/2011, 7:26 am

tlb_05 wrote:

Hi there Smile
Cool! How many did you ordered and what instars?
Back to top Go down
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/19/2011, 9:43 am

GS wrote:
tlb_05 wrote:

Hi there Smile
Cool! How many did you ordered and what instars?

just only one and its female Smile and the male might just drop off a little sooner Smile
Back to top Go down
Envyizm
Breeder
Envyizm

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/19/2011, 9:45 pm

GS wrote:
Envyizm wrote:
I'm envious Smile
The wait is over, my friend. I just separated the babies. Total count of 90.
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Rsz_im10
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/20/2011, 12:27 am

tlb_05 wrote:
just only one and its female Smile and the male might just drop off a little sooner Smile
hahaz.. I get what you mean Smile
There'll be no regrets in getting more P.Transvaalicus.

Envyizm wrote:
The wait is over, my friend. I just separated the babies. Total count of 90.[/url]
Totally awesome nos. of scorpling bro! Thanks for posting it up Very Happy

A couple of questions my friend:

1) Is the P.Trans mum at 8th instar and male at 7th instar when they mated?
2) How long is the exact gestation period for her?

Back to top Go down
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/20/2011, 3:09 am

Envyizm wrote:
GS wrote:
Envyizm wrote:
I'm envious Smile
The wait is over, my friend. I just separated the babies. Total count of 90.
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Rsz_im10

I envy you ;( haha so many babies Smile
Back to top Go down
Envyizm
Breeder
Envyizm

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/20/2011, 1:01 pm

GS wrote:
tlb_05 wrote:
hahaz.. I get what you mean Smile
There'll be no regrets in getting more P.Transvaalicus.

Envyizm wrote:
The wait is over, my friend. I just separated the babies. Total count of 90.[/url]
Totally awesome nos. of scorpling bro! Thanks for posting it up Very Happy

A couple of questions my friend:

1) Is the P.Trans mum at 8th instar and male at 7th instar when they mated?
2) How long is the exact gestation period for her?

Unfortunately, I don't know much about them as far as their maturing instars go. The females I got from a friend and the males matured in my care, but I don't know anything about their instar. I can tell you all about their early life cycle after I raise the batch that I plan on keeping from this brood. I'll have to get back to you on the gestation times because I honestly can't remember. I believe it was around 6-7months
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/20/2011, 1:02 pm

omg thats a lot of scorplings!!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Envyizm
Breeder
Envyizm

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty5/21/2011, 3:03 am

*~BEX~* wrote:
omg thats a lot of scorplings!!!! Shocked

I wasn't too confident with my scorpion breeding expertise, so I bred a backup... and yes, this is a different female than the one that just produced 90 scorplings last week.
[Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Img-2010
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Parabuthus spp.   [Discussion] Parabuthus spp. - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Parabuthus spp.
Page 10 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 28  Next