The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

hello in need of advice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
socialdeviant42
Pandinus
socialdeviant42

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-03-18

hello in need of advice Empty
PostSubject: hello in need of advice   hello in need of advice Empty3/18/2010, 12:22 am

i was given the go ahead by my wife to get an emperor scorpion for my birthday so i ran down to petco and purchased the emperor( Tickles) and the other $130.00 dollars of equitment that goes with it. but i think they seen me coming a mile away, but back to my question im trying to find a better and cheaper place to buy more??? any suggestions

Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: hello in need of advice   hello in need of advice Empty3/18/2010, 12:48 am

try online retailers...
you'll get better deals on decor,substrate,etc,etc...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
Sithis
Centruroides
Sithis

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2010-02-09

PostSubject: Re: hello in need of advice   hello in need of advice Empty3/18/2010, 2:56 pm

try lllreptile I like them fo9r some stuff
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: hello in need of advice   hello in need of advice Empty3/18/2010, 4:44 pm

dang, $130 worth of stuff???
What'd you buy?

Where do you live? The reason I ask is because if you know what craigslist.com is you can get a lot of stuff for cheap from others who don't need items anymore

Things you need for an emp and Tips on buying:
for the substrate, buy the coco-fiber bricks, there is a lot more in the bricks than the bags and they're a lot cheaper

For a tank, buy it from Walmart. They're about $13 and for a 10 gallon too
You can buy the tank from Petco for around the same as well I think
buy the wire meshed top to cover the tank from Petco. The 10gallon mesh top works on all 10gallon tanks. 10 gallon tanks work well for 2 emperor scorpions.

For hides, a cheap solution can be a clay pot (break it if you wish to use half)
For the water dish, use the thing that goes under the clay pot, the clay pot tray or w/e it's called.
clay pot: http://www.pixelperfectdigital.com/free_stock_photos/data/524/medium/010608_clay_pot.jpg

No need for hygrometer or a thermometer

heating: I prefer a heat bulb. You can buy both at Petco. Buy the Fluker's clamp lamp and a zoomed heat bulb. For a 10 gallon, the 5.5in clamp lamp will do with a 75W heat bulb.

If you wish to buy a mister bottle, you can try the 99cents store or Walmart. Pet stores love to inflate prices so I stay away from them.

I also have a piece of driftwood in my enclosure, but I'm using it from my fish tank.

The rest of the decor is up to you, but those items are pretty much the basics and essentials on my list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello in need of advice   hello in need of advice Empty

Back to top Go down

hello in need of advice
Page 1 of 1