The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Advice?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CactusHugger
Babycurus
CactusHugger

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2012-10-03

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Advice?   Advice? Empty10/18/2012, 12:06 am

Hey all as I am fairly new to emperor scorpions i have many questions that i would rather ask on here than trust to the inaccurate world of the internet haha. My first question is what is the best way to move my emperor scorpion into a temporary enclosure so that i may add more substrate to his tank? I want to minimize stress as much as possible so that i can make his home more enjoyable and more like his natural habitat Smile

My second question is how can i tell if my emperor scorpion is showing signs of stress? And if he is exhibiting these specific behaviors or having these specific symptoms how i would go about fixing or helping him become a happier scorpion. All living conditions i believe are in order temp is 75 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit and humidity is at approximately 70 to 85% throughout the day but mostly hovers around the 70s. He has 2 hides and is supplied with a clean source of water.

I want to make sure i do not lose him because i have done so much to get everything he needs and i thought i would give him a better home than a pet store could.

Thank you to anyone who can give me any help on these issues i really appreciate it guys Smile so does my emperor scorpion!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? Empty10/18/2012, 10:34 am

CactusHugger wrote:
Hey all as I am fairly new to emperor scorpions i have many questions that i would rather ask on here than trust to the inaccurate world of the internet haha. My first question is what is the best way to move my emperor scorpion into a temporary enclosure so that i may add more substrate to his tank? I want to minimize stress as much as possible so that i can make his home more enjoyable and more like his natural habitat Smile

This guide from Callum might help Smile
[HOW TO] Correctly handle a scorpion

CactusHugger wrote:
My second question is how can i tell if my emperor scorpion is showing signs of stress? And if he is exhibiting these specific behaviors or having these specific symptoms how i would go about fixing or helping him become a happier scorpion. All living conditions i believe are in order temp is 75 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit and humidity is at approximately 70 to 85% throughout the day but mostly hovers around the 70s. He has 2 hides and is supplied with a clean source of water.

I want to make sure i do not lose him because i have done so much to get everything he needs and i thought i would give him a better home than a pet store could.

Thank you to anyone who can give me any help on these issues i really appreciate it guys Smile so does my emperor scorpion!

I can tell when a scorpion is sick or about to pass from the sign of tail dragging.
As for stress, i have yet to see a scorpion that comes to me by the edge of it's glass tank, with both pincers on it abdomen asking for some relaxing pills Laughing Just kidding, not sure what to type now.. lolz

The enclosure settings you had seems ideal though Smile
Back to top Go down
CactusHugger
Babycurus
CactusHugger

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2012-10-03

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? Empty10/18/2012, 11:40 am

Hey GS thanks much for the how to guide! I need to start utilizing that stuff haha well when he is out and about tail is up and curled a bit but when he is in his hides his tail is downish im thinking to become smaller so he can fit tightly and snug in his hides haha

Well i suffer from anxiety and stress problems so if my scorpion is i can certainly relate to it haha but thank you very much for the help and i can also post pictures of the scorpion and his enclosure if that would help Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice?   Advice? Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice?
Page 1 of 1