The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Advice for hurt emp? Help please

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JJArbarth
Pandinus

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-10-29

Advice for hurt emp?  Help please Empty
PostSubject: Advice for hurt emp? Help please   Advice for hurt emp?  Help please Empty5/16/2013, 11:00 pm

While I was away, my dad checked on my emperor scorpion (Ben) since he had been inactive for a few days (which yes, is normal for him but I like to see if he's eaten his crickets when I toss them in), but the small half-log house slipped and may have hit his front claw. My dad feels awful:(

I checked on my scorpion when I came home, and he seems normal but his claw that was potentially injured I think. He doesn't want to open it. I don't think its bleeding or leaking or cracked or anything. I didn't want to harass him too much, but what should I do? Is it possible that it is just hurt a little or bruised, or may it be permanent damage? What can I do to help my emperor? Thanks for any advice, I know my dad feels terrible about hurting Ben, and this is my first emperor
Back to top Go down
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Advice for hurt emp? Help please   Advice for hurt emp?  Help please Empty5/16/2013, 11:09 pm

He shouldn't be affected too much if the claw is damaged. If he can still molt, it may be fixed or discarded then. Since Pandinus imperator has such powerful claws, prey usually is just squished. He does have venom too, but that is almost never used. Pictures would help too.
Back to top Go down
boardn88
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Advice for hurt emp? Help please   Advice for hurt emp?  Help please Empty5/16/2013, 11:20 pm

yeah, what Shredder said
Back to top Go down
JJArbarth
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Advice for hurt emp? Help please   Advice for hurt emp?  Help please Empty5/16/2013, 11:59 pm

I hope I uploaded correctly :-/ Comp is a little slow the original image is so large. Sorry if this doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
JJArbarth
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Advice for hurt emp? Help please   Advice for hurt emp?  Help please Empty5/17/2013, 12:04 am

https://i.servimg.com/u/f81/18/30/76/41/img_0314.jpg[strike]

Last edited by JJGestapo on 5/17/2013, 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JJArbarth
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Advice for hurt emp? Help please   Advice for hurt emp?  Help please Empty5/17/2013, 12:05 am

https://i.servimg.com/u/f81/18/30/76/41/img_0315.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f81/18/30/76/41/img_0314.jpg

Sorry I messed up posting these pics, but it doesn't appear that his claw is hurt, cracked or oozing anything. He is dirty thought because of his moist bedding. If you want any other types of pics I'll try to get them up.
Back to top Go down
boardn88
Hadogenes

PostSubject: Re: Advice for hurt emp? Help please   Advice for hurt emp?  Help please Empty5/17/2013, 12:07 am

Hmmm hard to tell. How far did it fall from?
Back to top Go down
JJArbarth
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Advice for hurt emp? Help please   Advice for hurt emp?  Help please Empty5/17/2013, 12:12 am

Probably no more than 10 inches at absolute most, if anything it probably only fell 4 inches, and the log house fell into/onto the pile of shredded coconut bedding, so it kind of cushion the fall my dad said.
Back to top Go down
boardn88
Hadogenes

PostSubject: Re: Advice for hurt emp? Help please   Advice for hurt emp?  Help please Empty5/17/2013, 12:16 am

I had one climb out of deli cup while i was moving tanks while cleaning and she fell about a foot into a bare tank. I felt terrible and heard a thud but she is fine and doing great so I am sure you will be fine
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Advice for hurt emp? Help please   Advice for hurt emp?  Help please Empty1/7/2014, 7:35 pm

JJGestapo wrote:
While I was away, my dad checked on my emperor scorpion (Ben) since he had been inactive for a few days (which yes, is normal for him but I like to see if he's eaten his crickets when I toss them in), but the small half-log house slipped and may have hit his front claw.  My dad feels awful:(  

I checked on my scorpion when I came home, and he seems normal but his claw that was potentially injured I think.  He doesn't want to open it.  I don't think its bleeding or leaking or cracked or anything.  I didn't want to harass him too much, but what should I do?  Is it possible that it is just hurt a little or bruised, or may it be permanent damage?  What can I do to help my emperor?  Thanks for any advice, I know my dad feels terrible about hurting Ben, and this is my first emperor

The pictures shown, show me more of a red coloration of the chela (pincer) than typical for P. Imperator also no dent as pertains to sexual dimorphism, the scorpion looks more like a female Pandinus Cavimanus to me, looking at the chela.

But I cannot make a 100% correct or exact determination, without a more complete clear picture of the animal top and underside. If you want to know this, post the necessary pictures please.

I can't add anymore to the answer already given to your question regarding your scorpions possible injury, however I would make a request.

Please change your username, I find the name "gestapo" heavily offensive, and reminds me of the nazi's.

Please remove it.

Thank you.

Joey
Back to top Go down
JJArbarth
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Advice for hurt emp? Help please   Advice for hurt emp?  Help please Empty1/7/2014, 7:54 pm

I'll be sure to change it, since it appears to have offended you. It was never meant to be offensive, and I apologize to you that it has made you feel that way.
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Advice for hurt emp? Help please   Advice for hurt emp?  Help please Empty1/7/2014, 8:26 pm

JJGestapo wrote:
I'll be sure to change it, since it appears to have offended you.  It was never meant to be offensive, and I apologize to you that it has made you feel that way.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice for hurt emp? Help please   Advice for hurt emp?  Help please Empty

Back to top Go down

Advice for hurt emp? Help please
Page 1 of 1