The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Is my scorpion hurt?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
deepahuja
Pandinus

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-07-01

Is my scorpion hurt? Empty
PostSubject: Is my scorpion hurt?   Is my scorpion hurt? Empty7/1/2013, 9:01 am

Hello everyone,

I just bought an Emperor scorpion a week ago. I had to go away for a couple of days and asked my friend to feed him as I didn't since I got him. Mistakenly my friend squeezed his tail right above the stinger while trying to catch a cricket in his enclosure. Now it seems like he's hurting as he is not responding too much with his stinger which he always used to. I am really scared for him and have tried to look for a solution everywhere online but no luck. I was hoping if someone can shed some light on this agenda, is Hercules going to be ok? Should I just leave him alone and just let him be? Do scorpions heal while molting? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Back to top Go down
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Is my scorpion hurt?   Is my scorpion hurt? Empty7/1/2013, 9:45 am

If the anus is damaged the scorp can't do it's thing and this can lead to an obstruction in the intestines and the scorp will probably not make it. If it's only the stinger that has been damaged he should should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

Number of posts : 1106
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Is my scorpion hurt?   Is my scorpion hurt? Empty7/1/2013, 11:55 am

at what instar is your scorpion? if it's already an adult then it would be okay.. an adult emp's exoskeleton is hard enough to withstand a finger squeeze or a tweezer pinch. just make sure there are no scorpion body fluids oozing out. unless of course your friend used pliers to squeeze the tail Very Happy

anyways, hope your emp is fine Smile
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Is my scorpion hurt?   Is my scorpion hurt? Empty7/1/2013, 4:37 pm

Is there any chance you could get a picture?
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Is my scorpion hurt?   Is my scorpion hurt? Empty7/1/2013, 6:48 pm

Great of use the new Emergency section first of all. There might or might not be a cause for concern. If the scorpion Telson (stinger) was damaged then your probably ok and it’ll probably heal in the next molt. If however the scorpion anus (white spot right below the telson) was damaged and it can’t poop it will almost certainly die. So if you can get us a picture we can probably be of more help to you.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is my scorpion hurt?   Is my scorpion hurt? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is my scorpion hurt?
Page 1 of 1