The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Sick? Hurt?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom2634
Pandinus

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Sick? Hurt? Empty
PostSubject: Sick? Hurt?   Sick? Hurt? Empty10/12/2010, 4:39 pm

So I just opened up my emp's enclosure to attempt to get her out so I can remove her babies, since it's been a month and haven't gotten a chance. To my surprise she didn't scurry into her man-made burrow as usual, but ran across the enclosure to a log hide, but she was kind of favoring her right claw and moving oddly. Her tail was up but she was bringing her right claw back pretty far back towards her legs. She seemed pretty defensive as well.

I set my critter keeper in the tank tipped over and waited for her to climb in, when she did I tipped it over and trapped her. There are some moist paper towels in there and I have it covered with some heat getting to it, so she should be fine in there. What is going on? I've given her 2 mealworms in the last week, one of which she fed to the babies, the other I don't know what she did, but I'm positive she had it in her grasp. Could one have bitten her? I can't see any mold in the tank but could this be an issue?

I appreciate any help.
Back to top Go down
Scott Land
Tityus
Scott Land

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Sick? Hurt? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick? Hurt?   Sick? Hurt? Empty10/13/2010, 7:44 pm

How is she now?
Back to top Go down
Tom2634
Pandinus

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Sick? Hurt? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick? Hurt?   Sick? Hurt? Empty10/13/2010, 8:09 pm

I put her back in her normal enclosure after getting the babies out. She's acting pretty normal other than the odd movement/walking. She was sitting in her burrow with claws hanging out like usual, and relaxing near the heat pad. She was standing tall for a little while near the heat pad, hopefully trying to heal. All I can do is wait I guess, maybe feed her a headcrushed cricket in a couple days.

Her tail is still consistently up when she's moving around so i'm hoping thats a good sign.
Back to top Go down
Scott Land
Tityus
Scott Land

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Sick? Hurt? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick? Hurt?   Sick? Hurt? Empty10/13/2010, 8:15 pm

She will probably be okay,it is probably just a sprain .Try to not stress her out to much for now on,hopefully it will heal up soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sick? Hurt? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick? Hurt?   Sick? Hurt? Empty

Back to top Go down

Sick? Hurt?
Page 1 of 1