The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

emp scrip gave birth! HELP!

Go down 
+6
shadowfoot
ShredderEmp
Tongue Flicker
Bayss
Patcho
sp1int3r
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sp1int3r
Hadogenes
sp1int3r

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2012-03-26

emp scrip gave birth! HELP! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: emp scrip gave birth! HELP!   emp scrip gave birth! HELP! - Page 2 Empty5/22/2013, 11:25 pm

thanks! so the other female was leaving the mother and babies alone, now she is in the same hide, and i can't tell which is the mother, she doesn't seem to be a threat, and the mother isn't flipping out, earlier i saw a baby in the the hide with the other female. idk why. I'm keeping them well fed last night i put 3 half dead crickets outside the hide and the mother took all of them. how long will she continue to feed the babies? THANKS EVERYONE!!
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: emp scrip gave birth! HELP!   emp scrip gave birth! HELP! - Page 2 Empty5/22/2013, 11:52 pm

This thread is so fun...love the enthusiasm and how things are progressing! Keep feeding head crushed crickets a few times a week as long as they keep eating them. Time to decide if you want to separate the babies out into individual cups or keep the group together. It's easy to monitor feedings and molts when kept individually. But it can be fun to watch their communal behavior. Just know that there can be some cannibalism during future molts if they are housed all together. Glad you are having fun with them...that's what is most important!
Back to top Go down
sp1int3r
Hadogenes
sp1int3r

PostSubject: Re: emp scrip gave birth! HELP!   emp scrip gave birth! HELP! - Page 2 Empty5/23/2013, 1:23 pm

so much fun! its great i love this! and plus i thought i would be having to practically give them away.. but i have buyers for all of them, one person said they would buy all, but i thought that was unfair to the other people who want one or two, so the majority are going to this one person the rest are being bought 1-3 at a time :-) hehehe i wanna do this again! so interesting, every night they are getting1-3 half dead crickets the mother keeps taking them so i keep giving.
Back to top Go down
sp1int3r
Hadogenes
sp1int3r

PostSubject: Re: emp scrip gave birth! HELP!   emp scrip gave birth! HELP! - Page 2 Empty5/23/2013, 1:25 pm

i got a clear tackle box, i was going to separate them, but the mother got really mad and i almost got attacked. so now figure she is doing such a good job i may leave them with her, or take a few out and leave the rest
Back to top Go down
sp1int3r
Hadogenes
sp1int3r

PostSubject: Re: emp scrip gave birth! HELP!   emp scrip gave birth! HELP! - Page 2 Empty6/4/2013, 8:53 pm

so all are good, i noticed the 2nd female actually took a few of the babies, and now one is on her back, i think she is helping the mother feed them! its really amazing!
Back to top Go down
Yames
Tityus
Yames

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: emp scrip gave birth! HELP!   emp scrip gave birth! HELP! - Page 2 Empty6/5/2013, 12:18 am

That is cool behaviour. But not unheard of for emps. I agree breeding projects are very rewarding. You should breed them again.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com/
RogueAgent94
Pandinus

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-06-15

PostSubject: Re: emp scrip gave birth! HELP!   emp scrip gave birth! HELP! - Page 2 Empty6/15/2013, 2:47 pm

Great thread! I'm looking forward to my emps possibly breeding.
I second that Yames. You should definitely breed them again. I'd love to see pictures of the process.
Back to top Go down
Yames
Tityus
Yames

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: emp scrip gave birth! HELP!   emp scrip gave birth! HELP! - Page 2 Empty6/15/2013, 7:35 pm

I've got a whole story with pictures going HERE
Emps are slow to grow in terms of raising them all the way from 2i to breeding age.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com/
RogueAgent94
Pandinus

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2013-06-15

PostSubject: Re: emp scrip gave birth! HELP!   emp scrip gave birth! HELP! - Page 2 Empty6/16/2013, 2:09 am

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: emp scrip gave birth! HELP!   emp scrip gave birth! HELP! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

emp scrip gave birth! HELP!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2