The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Scorps Fighting

Go down 
+2
Lester
darkjohn20
6 posters
AuthorMessage
darkjohn20
Pandinus

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-06-13

Scorps Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Scorps Fighting   Scorps Fighting Empty9/12/2010, 1:48 pm

I've had a male scorpion for a few months, and just today I got a female. As soon as I put her in the tank they started fighting. Every time she hits him he starts to shake about once a second. Is it normal for them to fight when they first meet, and is she going to kill him? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Lester
Tityus
Lester

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Scorps Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorps Fighting   Scorps Fighting Empty9/12/2010, 7:10 pm

hi,

are they both adult ... if yes .. they might be mating Smile
Back to top Go down
darkjohn20
Pandinus

Scorps Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorps Fighting   Scorps Fighting Empty9/12/2010, 7:13 pm

Mating immediately? Basically what I see is stingers going into eachothers head area. What's up with him shaking? At first I thought that was some kind of move he was doing, but then I noticed it happening AFTER he'd been stuck by her.

As for both adult: No clue. The female I got today is pretty good size. The guy said that they were all adult I think. The male on the other hand is like half her size (I know it's normal for him to be smaller).

Hmm....Looks like they're both hiding in the same burrow now. Maybe they became friends! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Scorps Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorps Fighting   Scorps Fighting Empty9/15/2010, 8:53 pm

From what I've experienced, every time I introduce a new scorpion into the enclosure, a fight breaks out. Usually the fighting ends within a few days, but other times it continues. I have also seen that one of them will be more aggressive and do the shaking behavior. I took it as being a territorial display and trying to warn the other scorp to back off. Every time the other scorpion came closer, it would be attacked and chased away.

If you take a picture for us, we might be able to tell you if it's an adult.

Try not to mix different sizes in there because the smaller one might end up as lunch.
Back to top Go down
darkjohn20
Pandinus

Scorps Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorps Fighting   Scorps Fighting Empty9/15/2010, 9:00 pm

Well...as of now they seem pretty calm. Every day I check the tank the scorpions switch places. One is in the burrow, one isn't. Sometimes they're both in there. They don't seem to be fighting at all. I'll come back if I see any other problems, but for now all is well. As for mixing different sizes, I guess in the future I will keep that in mind, but for now I don't have appropriate space to separate them. I'll just have to take my chances unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Scorps Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorps Fighting   Scorps Fighting Empty9/15/2010, 11:45 pm

if its an emperor, the stinger on the tail will be blood red
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Scorps Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorps Fighting   Scorps Fighting Empty9/16/2010, 4:35 am

Ours did that when we introduced our male and female (into a brand new viv though) the seemed to fight every time they bumped into each other but still stayed in the same hide???

we thought they might have been mating as our male was doing the shaking thing too but as our female is only sub adult i dont think it could have been .... dont really know how that works does the male know shes not old enough to mate or does he try and she says no and thats why they fight lol... no idea?...actually not seen our male for a few days getting a bit worried that she may have done away with him...although they have plenty of food so no need for canabalism.

As the lycan mikey said if there emps and adult there telson/stinger will be red but if they are subadult they weill be a creamy brown
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Scorps Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorps Fighting   Scorps Fighting Empty9/16/2010, 10:00 am

its just a territorial dispute, eventually within a few hours (or even minutes) theyll get used to the fact that there is something else in the tank with them

in my big tank with my 2 adult females, they fought for 2 days straight, in the middle of the 2nd day, i checked on them and they were in the same hide together, sleeping im assuming...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
darkjohn20
Pandinus

Scorps Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorps Fighting   Scorps Fighting Empty9/16/2010, 10:04 am

That's pretty much what happened with mine. The only thing I noticed was that sometimes they would be in the same burrow together, but most of the time the female kicks the male out and he just lays on the other side all alone Sad. She doesn't even really fit in the burrow he made, it bulges when she goes in there xD. I'll check the color of the stinger in a little bit.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Scorps Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorps Fighting   Scorps Fighting Empty9/16/2010, 1:01 pm

Just thought I'd add a bit of clarification Wink - Adult emp - red telson, sub-adult - creamy white.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scorps Fighting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorps Fighting   Scorps Fighting Empty

Back to top Go down

Scorps Fighting
Page 1 of 1