The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

mating dance or fighting?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Noctrnl
Hadogenes
Noctrnl

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-06-22

mating dance or fighting? Empty
PostSubject: mating dance or fighting?   mating dance or fighting? Empty8/30/2010, 3:34 pm

Last night I looked into my emp tank and saw two of them with their pincers locked together and they seemed to be having a shoving contest. The bigger of the two also seemed to be using it's stinger but wasn't actually stinging the other scorpion. I watched for about 10 minutes before going to bed. I got up and all 5 emps were alive so my guess/question is they were doing their mating dance? I figure if they were fighting one would have ended up dead. Am I going to have a bunch of babies in the next year or so?
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: mating dance or fighting?   mating dance or fighting? Empty8/30/2010, 5:42 pm

They were mating. It can be confirmed if you can find the spermatophore where they were shoving each other.
Back to top Go down
Noctrnl
Hadogenes
Noctrnl

PostSubject: Re: mating dance or fighting?   mating dance or fighting? Empty8/30/2010, 6:11 pm

I looked around the tank and didn't see anything. I'm not even sure which two it was. I'll have to look at the three mature ones when they decide to get up. One of my babies was up and about a few minutes ago. I scared him taking the lid off the tank. I hope they did mate. Out of five I knew I had to have at least one female. Still no camera to take pics. But from what I've read on here and pics I've seen I think my judgments on them being male/female are pretty accurate. So again I hope they did mate.
Back to top Go down
Gimmexdatxbrain
Pandinus
Gimmexdatxbrain

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-08-23

PostSubject: Re: mating dance or fighting?   mating dance or fighting? Empty8/30/2010, 10:07 pm

yeah i agree, if you can find the spermatophore it will be a fact that they were mating but when my scorps were mating I couldnt find it right away but after a while of searching around i found it. they were all over the place with their "magic." Good luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Noctrnl
Hadogenes
Noctrnl

PostSubject: Re: mating dance or fighting?   mating dance or fighting? Empty8/30/2010, 10:13 pm

Thanks. I'm going to look again so hopefully I'll find it.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: mating dance or fighting?   mating dance or fighting? Empty8/31/2010, 11:11 am

Noctrnl wrote:
Thanks. I'm going to look again so hopefully I'll find it.

Try looking at any flat surfaces in the viv - that's probably the most likely place you'll find it if its there.
Back to top Go down
Noctrnl
Hadogenes
Noctrnl

PostSubject: Re: mating dance or fighting?   mating dance or fighting? Empty8/31/2010, 3:07 pm

I believe I found it. I thought it was a cricket leg but upon closer examination I could tell it wasn't a leg. I'm happy. Lol. What is the average length of time before they will be born? I know conditions are a big part of it.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

PostSubject: Re: mating dance or fighting?   mating dance or fighting? Empty8/31/2010, 3:50 pm

Between 9-18 months - Mine took 10.
Back to top Go down
Noctrnl
Hadogenes
Noctrnl

PostSubject: Re: mating dance or fighting?   mating dance or fighting? Empty8/31/2010, 4:15 pm

That's what I read. Can't wait. Very Happy Anything else I should know so I'm not in a panic/scramble in nine or so months?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mating dance or fighting?   mating dance or fighting? Empty

Back to top Go down

mating dance or fighting?
Page 1 of 1