The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy

Go down 
+3
HyourinMaru
*Connie*
Rideon
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-02-28

My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty
PostSubject: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/29/2009, 11:56 pm

Yestrday at 8.42am (Malaysian Time) my second female spinifer (Kyrie) have started to gave birth..
she has been heavily digging for the last 2 days and finally she 'popped' i have taken some pics of the process and notice that each birth came 2 scorplings. as im writing this she still giving births.
here an edited compile pic of the process..

My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Final

and heres some more close up of her..

My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy 2
My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy 4
My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy 7
My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy 10
My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy 11

enjoy.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 2:56 am

very good. congratulations on the new brood.

xxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 3:06 am

Thanks...
but the mommy have eaten one of her children... a theory says she lack nutrients others say stress....
but i think the baby provoke the mother to eat it... in term of the baby crawl into her mouth instead of from the side and onto her back...
other are that the mommy knows theres no available slots for the baby to stay on her back so she eats whats coming so shes not heavily weigh...
so anyone got the same ideas???
Back to top Go down
HyourinMaru
Pandinus
HyourinMaru

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 3:15 am

Congrats rideon Very Happy
Usually the mother eats the baby(s) is bcos lack of nutrients or energy so to consume the baby(s) to regain back some energy in order to continue the process.
But i dun think she will stress unless something disturb it as she knws wat she is doing so cant be stress bcos of the babies.
As for the insufficient slots for the babies,well i dun knw Razz
Just my thoughts
Wait for the seniors to give their thoughts
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 3:25 am

When my het birthed she had babies walking all over her mouth and she didnt do a thing.
Babies can pile on top of each other so there is ALWAYS room.
Keep an eye on her...or rather dont as if she decides to eat them all for whatever reason you cannot stop it nor save them.
Maybe it was one damaged one.
But no, I dont believe the theory that she is eating one because it touched her mouth,
Back to top Go down
HyourinMaru
Pandinus
HyourinMaru

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 3:36 am

I also think of the same thing.If something touches her mouth and she will eat it,then i'll feed my scorpions easily Laughing
BTW connie,how does the mother knw which baby is damaged or incomplete 1? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 3:38 am

I dont know exactly. Maybe the way the little one moves or she inspects it when it falls into her birth basket.
Its just a guess really. Ive heard that they do eat ones that have come out "wrong" but how they know is a mystery to me but COULD very much so be believed as ANY animal wants all its young to stand the best chance of survival.
Back to top Go down
HyourinMaru
Pandinus
HyourinMaru

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 3:44 am

Ic...Thx for the info Very Happy
Really hope that my female AFS is gravid. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 5:04 am

thanks for the info connie.. she has now stopped giving birth.. i still cant count how many scorpling is on her back coz shes hidding under the leaf.. pics will b upload soon on when shes eating one of her babies... it was struggling when the mother eats it.. feel sorry for it but cant do anything.. its part of the process..
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 5:18 am

My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Beingconsume
My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Beingconsume2
My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Beingconsume3

poor little thing.. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 8:41 am

The baby didn't look quite "right" in those pics -- mom probably knew something was wrong with it and that it wouldn't survive.
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 9:47 am

what do you mean by the baby didn't look quite right ? care to explain?
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 10:52 am

congrats on the brood.
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 10:54 am

congrats on the babies.

If a scorpling is deformed, or weak the mother will know and instinctively eat it. This can provide nutrients for her and stop the smell of rotting scorpion attracting unwanted pests.

If a mother is stressed or things aren't right she will eat the whole brood. However if she just eats one or two she is merely making sure the strong survive.
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 11:08 am

thanks for the info LadyRiotControl.. i have pre killed a crix and place it in front of her... she kinda shocked and didnt want it.. but when i leave her alone for some mins.. she ate it.. so i hope no more babies are consume from now on..
i will leave her for some time.. so hope she do well and for the babies... dont want to put more preasure and stress to the mother..
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 11:44 am

yeah it didnt look right, all its legs were curled up so im guessing (unless you saw it moving) that it was stillborn.
Mothers dont eat their babies for food (pandinus/hets). They eat if stressed and think if the brood is at risk.
Your best bet is to walk away and leave them all alone for a week (only disturb to pour in some more water onto the substrate)
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 11:56 am

when you put it that way, i can see the scoplings do have their legs curled.. I did see it move and when the mother start munching on it it tried to escape.. well i will just leave her now.. the substrate is moist and there is sufficient water in the bowl.. so just leave her.. death count 2 scoplings.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 12:30 pm

2 isnt too bad. Try to stop watching now and wait until next week
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 12:46 pm

thx connie.. u'll be probably screaming at me like ' stop looking at her just leave her!!'.. am just too worried... dont want the same tragedy happen again... last time 2 months ago had a brood and all were eaten by the mother.. didnt even look at her for 3 days.. came back and see nothing left on her.. or on the substrate.. only 1 dead scorpling on the subs... so.. yeah.. but i think its ok now.. thanks again connie..
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 6:22 pm

nice goin mate, funnilly enough my H. Petersii gave birth the day before your spinifer Very Happy my second scorp brood too sept the first was with emps and it went all wrong, hopefully have mor success with these new ones, hope all goes well for u too mate Very Happy cheers awesome awesome
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/The_Scorp_Whisperer
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 10:34 pm

Thanks man..
just wondering how long does u guys emperors or spinifers end their birthing day.. coz mine still giving birth as we speak rite now... from distance i can see shes i nthe 'bucket' position.. and its already 3 days since her 1st birth..
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 10:36 pm

3 days!? jesus!! no idea how long its meant to go on but i dunno if it should be 3 days, has she been taking loads of breaks, are u sure shes still givin birth? cause i dont think it should last that long, should noly take a couple hours
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 10:40 pm

yeap.. i thought that she finished it yesterday. When i saw her eating her 2nd scorpling i decided to give her a pre killed crix and so she took it.. and left it then.. this morn i checked on her she in the bucket possition and can see another scorpling is beeing born... that y i ask u guys.. i tot they only lasted for the latest (i was inform) 2 days... but mine took 3..
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 10:42 pm

well this is something new to me maybe wait to see if any of the admins might help cause im stuck lol
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty7/30/2009, 10:44 pm

im even more confius than ever about this.. Shocked
last count was 23 scorplings now im expected to be around 30??
YAIKS!!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy   My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy Empty

Back to top Go down

My 2nd Spinifer hav gave birth... hurayyyy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next