The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

[Discussion] Androctonus spp.

Go down 
+34
shaneshac
steven555
shadowfoot
Scorpion19981000
scorpmania
Wearelegion
bluefrogtat2
Henderson
lycanlord
Obeah
tfleming
tdark1
Chrome
AnthonyNeubauer
spinnin_tom
nivlaisme
69wishes
Will3
Jay
Cyanide
tlb_05
Roblicious
kingzy88
leiurusSaleen820
takos
leathalreptiles
pluto
Streettrash
Miami T
*~BEX~*
iitomodachi1
DolbyR
Vin Diesel
**GS**
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty6/30/2011, 2:23 pm

He has beautiful hands too, for a guy! Look at those fingernails ohhh myyy.. spotless, trimmed, a bit longer to look a bit more complicated!! He knows how to do it yes yes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty6/30/2011, 2:38 pm

hmmm think i should change my post to the new girl lol Pluto is a womaniser and a ?? maniser??? lol
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty6/30/2011, 2:46 pm

I just like people and when something catches my eye I dont mind giving a compliment!
afro
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty6/30/2011, 3:14 pm

good for you feel free to carry on lolz Smile

queen
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty6/30/2011, 7:34 pm

@pluto
lolz.. pluto bro, you always cracks me up.. haha

@Street
Very Happy you know me well..

@Jay
Yeah bro, around 300 shots. hee..
Using settings of 1/200, F16, ISO 3200. Let me know if i can improve.. still learning Smile
Changing closeup filter in between shots on my right hand with an AA moving on my left is indeed, quite a challenge for me too.. just glad its over.. hahaha.. What a Face Laughing

@Bex,
so pluto bro must have complimented on your beautiful eyes Very Happy
You are the lady target.. lolz

@Will3, tlb_05
thanks for viewing guys Smile

Btw i just compiled a mix vid on the A.australis group of mine.
I'm just slow in finding out youtube has actually a quite decent video editor mode.
Tested it yesterday and it was quite a challenge to get the bursting attacks of the australis to sync with the music..
Maybe its becos i sux at it.. LOLZ

Hope you guys will enjoy it.
Thanks for viewing Very Happy

Regards,
GS

Last edited by GS on 6/30/2011, 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty6/30/2011, 7:38 pm

Here it is guys... Enjoy!

The Ultimate Androctonus australis Compilation!

Back to top Go down
Will3
Babycurus
Will3

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty6/30/2011, 8:36 pm

GS, You the man!
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty7/1/2011, 12:17 pm

GS wrote:

@Jay
Yeah bro, around 300 shots. hee..
Using settings of 1/200, F16, ISO 3200. Let me know if i can improve.. still learning Smile
Changing closeup filter in between shots on my right hand with an AA moving on my left is indeed, quite a challenge for me too.. just glad its over.. hahaha.. What a Face Laughing

You should be giving me tips mate! Your picture quality is excellent, you know what your doing. Still getting to grips with my camera since I got the flash to be honest.

Sweet video, so you edited it up just on youtube, I'll have to check that out. Are you still using your phone for the vids or the cam?

Well your braver than me and have alot more patience Razz
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty7/4/2011, 1:08 am

Will3 wrote:
GS, You the man!
Smile
Hows your A.bicolor mum doing?
Post some updates as and when you're free. Hope everything goes well for you too.
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty7/4/2011, 1:19 am

JamieLawrence wrote:
You should be giving me tips mate! Your picture quality is excellent, you know what your doing. Still getting to grips with my camera since I got the flash to be honest.

Sweet video, so you edited it up just on youtube, I'll have to check that out. Are you still using your phone for the vids or the cam?

Well your braver than me and have alot more patience Razz

Hey Jay bro,
Thanks for your kind words Smile

Yeah so far still using iphone4's video capturing for most of my vids.
For close-up on the munching scenes, the dslr seems to be a better choice. With macro/close-up lens attached.. the video mode becomes macro-like too! I have captured a few close-up munching vids of my L.mucronatus and L.scutilus. Will be posted up once its ready.

I'm envious of your flash. Still saving up for one myself.. lolz
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty7/6/2011, 9:55 am

So, my fatty bicolor decided to make an appearance last night. She popped out of her burrow and started clearing away dirt like mad. She is also HUGE now. So fat. I tried to grab the SLR to snap some shots, but she darted back into her hole and has subsequently blocked off the entrance again. Hopefully next time she pops out for a visit she'll be carrying some babies...
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty7/6/2011, 12:11 pm

GS wrote:

Hey Jay bro,
Thanks for your kind words Smile

Yeah so far still using iphone4's video capturing for most of my vids.
For close-up on the munching scenes, the dslr seems to be a better choice. With macro/close-up lens attached.. the video mode becomes macro-like too! I have captured a few close-up munching vids of my L.mucronatus and L.scutilus. Will be posted up once its ready.

I'm envious of your flash. Still saving up for one myself.. lolz

Ok cool, I am having a hard time with videos at the moment, been taking some nice ones with the dslr/macro lens but then whatever I upload it to something it kills the quality. I'll have to find some way around this or I might as well just use my phone too.

The flash is a great piece of kit that I'm still getting used to and will probably take a while. I've found so far that it may not significantly increase the quality of your shots but makes life alot easier. For example I can shoot at 1:1 with the macro lens at a decent aperture, handheld in the pitch black. If you can do that without then I'm seriously missing something Laughing Also obviously gives alot of freedom to play around with lighting and shadows etc.. I like to think of it as a handheld portable Hauser set-up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty7/7/2011, 11:00 pm

Streettrash wrote:
So, my fatty bicolor decided to make an appearance last night. She popped out of her burrow and started clearing away dirt like mad. She is also HUGE now. So fat. I tried to grab the SLR to snap some shots, but she darted back into her hole and has subsequently blocked off the entrance again. Hopefully next time she pops out for a visit she'll be carrying some babies...

Hopefully that's the "labour room" she's constructing now cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty7/7/2011, 11:40 pm

Absolutely GS. I'm thinking so. Either that, or I'm going to have a MASSIVE bicolor on my hands when she molts...
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty7/7/2011, 11:41 pm

Oh... I guess not on my hands like you. Not literally ON my hands.
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty7/11/2011, 10:07 pm

Streettrash wrote:
Absolutely GS. I'm thinking so. Either that, or I'm going to have a MASSIVE bicolor on my hands when she molts...
Streettrash wrote:
Oh... I guess not on my hands like you. Not literally ON my hands.
I get you bro Smile
Hope you get scorplings soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty7/11/2011, 10:37 pm

Mating one of my Androctonus bicolor Adult Pair

I was filled with joy and satisfaction to watch two scorps which i've raised from 2nd instar successfully mate at the very first attempt.
It was indeed a awesome experience to nurture them through their different molting stages.. till their final adulthood Smile

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Androctonus_bicolor_mating_pic1

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Androctonus_bicolor_mating_pic2

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Androctonus_bicolor_mating_pic3

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Androctonus_bicolor_mating_pic4

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Androctonus_bicolor_mating_pic5

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Androctonus_bicolor_mating_pic6

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Androctonus_bicolor_mating_pic7

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Androctonus_bicolor_mating_pic8

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Androctonus_bicolor_mating_pic9

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Androctonus_bicolor_mating_pic10

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Androctonus_bicolor_mating_pic11

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Androctonus_bicolor_mating_pic12

Shortly after accepting the spermatophore, the female proceed to the same hide to chill with her new found love.
10mins later, i rewarded them both with an adult roach each. It was an awesome experience to witness such cohesion with the couple. Enjoy Smile

[HOW TO] Mate an adult pair of Scorpions

Last edited by GS on 4/23/2012, 9:50 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Updates)
Back to top Go down
Miami T
Pandinus
Miami T

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty7/12/2011, 1:52 am

THAT IS PHENOMENAL.......................you are my hero GS.........
I wish I could get some of those babies when they come but alas I am in the U.S.
if you ever come to the states for vacation you really need to smug..........oops .......I mean forget that you keep your scorps in your luggage at home, "like we all do"...........
Just curious.....what are the dimensions of the tank you have them in.......(could you please convert to inches)..........again PHENOMENAL
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty7/12/2011, 2:20 am

Well as always great pictures!
Drool at the bicolor again.

These little buggers, even on stills got their characteristic flair and style imho.
Just love them.

I'm happy for you they did their thing too!!! Many many bicolors to come in a relatively short timespan! Be prepared! lol
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty7/12/2011, 4:27 am

Nice write up and awesome pics GS Smile
Back to top Go down
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty7/12/2011, 7:45 am

OMG thats awesome bro GS!

raising them like a child Smile hmmm good experience if you have a child Smile the real one Razz

Cant wait for my bicolor!!
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty7/12/2011, 10:45 am

E.g. This Androctonus bicolor pair of mine proceeded to share a single hide within mins after their mating session. To top things up, they even ate side by side from each other!

They can be kept communally if wel cared after (as are Mauritanicus and Parabuthus species)..

I'm quite positive about it. My couple stayed together for a very very long time sharing burrows, sharing drinks, even nibbling on a big cricket the both of them. Only separated them because of the gravid female..

Otherwise quite positive both would still be having the romance going on.
I will sell some of my scorplings, but the majority will be kept together in a large tank, just to prove they are not aggressive towards each other. Australis are a different game, although I kept my female and male together without problems too.

Great summary Gs! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty7/13/2011, 2:04 pm

Miami T wrote:
THAT IS PHENOMENAL.......................you are my hero GS.........
I wish I could get some of those babies when they come but alas I am in the U.S.
if you ever come to the states for vacation you really need to smug..........oops .......I mean forget that you keep your scorps in your luggage at home, "like we all do"...........
Just curious.....what are the dimensions of the tank you have them in.......(could you please convert to inches)..........again PHENOMENAL

Thanks for your kind comments Miami bro Smile

As requested, the mating enclosure in my vid is 12" x 6.5" x 9" (length x width x height [inches] )

Regards,
GS
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty7/13/2011, 2:06 pm

tlb_05 wrote:

OMG thats awesome bro GS!

raising them like a child Smile hmmm good experience if you have a child Smile the real one Razz

Cant wait for my bicolor!!

Thanks bro Smile
Wootz! A.bicolor Very Happy
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty7/13/2011, 2:09 pm

pluto wrote:
They can be kept communally if wel cared after (as are Mauritanicus and Parabuthus species)..

I'm quite positive about it. My couple stayed together for a very very long time sharing burrows, sharing drinks, even nibbling on a big cricket the both of them. Only separated them because of the gravid female..

Otherwise quite positive both would still be having the romance going on.
I will sell some of my scorplings, but the majority will be kept together in a large tank, just to prove they are not aggressive towards each other. Australis are a different game, although I kept my female and male together without problems too.

Great summary Gs! Thanks!

Thanks bro Smile
Your A.bicolor female should be popping very soon i guess Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Androctonus spp.
Page 13 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next