The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

[Discussion] Androctonus spp.

Go down 
+34
shaneshac
steven555
shadowfoot
Scorpion19981000
scorpmania
Wearelegion
bluefrogtat2
Henderson
lycanlord
Obeah
tfleming
tdark1
Chrome
AnthonyNeubauer
spinnin_tom
nivlaisme
69wishes
Will3
Jay
Cyanide
tlb_05
Roblicious
kingzy88
leiurusSaleen820
takos
leathalreptiles
pluto
Streettrash
Miami T
*~BEX~*
iitomodachi1
DolbyR
Vin Diesel
**GS**
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-04-21

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/8/2011, 8:25 pm

here is a another view can anyone tell me if it is a regular bicolor or bicolor aeneas?[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Camera12
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/8/2011, 8:55 pm

I'm afraid I can't help man. Not yet an expert on the morphology.
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/8/2011, 9:01 pm

oh look what just walked in !! my lady went out and rescued !! she said it looked hurt so she got it lol!! Laughing its kinda cool looking!![Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Newset10
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/8/2011, 9:31 pm

those whipscorpions freak me out! Where is your bicolor caught? how big is it? Males tend to be very small. Is it highly glossy and has it got a heavy granulated back (first tail segment and last body segment) + reddish pinchers?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/8/2011, 9:44 pm

leathalreptiles wrote:
here is a front pic of my androctonus bicolor it looked cool so im posting it lol! and a couple more ! :venom: [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Camera11

lol i almost have the exavt same pic. This is supposed to be a t. highlandplateau caught aeneas male. It is very small. As big as the last bone of your index finger tall.. Two of them fit in a bottlecap at the same time, without much problems.
[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Aeneas001c
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/9/2011, 1:55 am

it was caught in egypt somewhere lol thats all i know, but she is like 2 and a half inches long head to tail right now ,the guy said it was a true bicolor not a morph , i just had to know for sure that it was a true bicolor ,but no mine is deff bigger body than yours.
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/9/2011, 2:15 am

mabe this will help you out on the id of it?it was jet black till i fed it you can kinda see what i mean here! [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Camera14
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/9/2011, 2:21 am

its like it turned red or light brown all over when you look at it in bright light, it was jet black before i fed it !or is it gonna molt or somthing?? could that be why it turned a lighter color??
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/9/2011, 2:26 am

also where is a good place to get an androctonus australius from? any one out there that could point me in the right direction i would be great!
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/9/2011, 2:35 am

mabe somone will send me an aeneas lol jk then i could compare them lmao!!! it was worth a try lol!! but i think it has yellowish brown pinchers from what i see up close so anyones guess is as good as mine on this one!
Back to top Go down
Miami T
Pandinus
Miami T

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/9/2011, 5:26 am

A. australis is not that har to find for sale right now........ Kenthebugguy.com ......
Swiftsinverts.com ..........Heck I even have some for trade............I want bicolors....
but those two web sites a have them
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/9/2011, 1:09 pm

thanks for the heads up on that ! ill check it out ,sorry if i had more bicolors i would trade but right now im just starting to build up my scorpion collection and only have one bicolor and a whip scorpion .
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/9/2011, 1:19 pm

I'd say it is a real bicolor. And a very big one at that! They dont go bigger than 8cm usually..
Yours seems bigger, almost australis size. And australis are tanks compared to bicolors.

Notice the difference in size of the pinchers too.. yours are much bigger and bulkier, the ones here are longer and more slender..
I think I am not the only one noticing it, apart from different colors and a slightly more matte look.

I cannot explain the color change as mine never had this and stayed black...
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/9/2011, 1:23 pm

Btw are those the same scorpions? Because the top one looks male with the FAT tail and lower ones look female to me...
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/10/2011, 11:05 am

yes they are the same one i only have the one scorpion and my wife has the whip scorp thats all we have for now till i find an australis too add to my collection.for some reason today it is back to black color so im not sure if it was just the light that made it look that color or something ?!
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/10/2011, 11:12 am

the strait on pic was took same day as the top side pic thats what made me think it was the light cause the front side pic is how it looks today real black ! i think i just took pic in too bright a light or something so it looked lighter.my lady said i was crazy she said its black ! but yes she is a big scorp i would say she is a female i got a pic of the underside too ill post.
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/10/2011, 11:52 am

blury but u can see kinda !.. :venom: [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Camera15
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/11/2011, 2:53 pm

@pluto
I really enjoyed looking at your posted pics bro. Awesome angles there! Smile
Thanks for posting it up Smile

@leathalreptiles
Hey bro,
That A.bicolors' a male? counted the pectine? Very nice specimen Smile
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/11/2011, 2:55 pm

Some random iphone shots of my A.bicolor male. 7th instar:

[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 ABHandling1
[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 ABHandling2
[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 ABHandling3
[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 ABHandling4
[Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 ABswatch
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/11/2011, 3:39 pm

wow his tail looks amazing! once i win the lottery the first thing im gonna do is get a DWA licence or leave this country lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/11/2011, 3:49 pm

GS you have an Androctonus on your hand sir. affraid
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/11/2011, 3:50 pm

Lol the hand is still ok, but when one stings you on your wrist, I'd rather not be you on that moment. Damn beautiful andros though and holy crap, it is a great swatch idea!

Back to top Go down
Cyanide
Babycurus
Cyanide

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2011-05-29

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/11/2011, 3:58 pm

Nice.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/11/2011, 4:01 pm

Now do it with the australis :-p
Back to top Go down
leathalreptiles
Hadogenes
leathalreptiles

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty6/11/2011, 5:49 pm

that is kinda crazy !! but i must say nice scorp!!! thanks for clearing the sex of it up ! glad to know its a male now i just need to find a female to breed him with!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Androctonus spp.   [Discussion] Androctonus spp. - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Androctonus spp.
Page 8 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next