The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Skroar
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2013-01-29

Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood Empty
PostSubject: Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood   Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood Empty3/16/2013, 3:56 am

I got a Zoo med infrared bulb that is 25 watts, but it doesn't work for my hood that accepts up to 26 watts. I thought that bulb was just malfunctioning, so I told that to the Amazon seller. I got a second 25 watts, and it still didn't work.

What gives? Is Zoo med bulbs not compatible with Exo Terra hoods?
Back to top Go down
Scorpiongirl
Centruroides
Scorpiongirl

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood   Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood Empty3/16/2013, 9:39 am

do other bulbs work in the hood? Like other exo terra bulbs? If they do then the zoo meds are just incompatible, but if not then there is something wrong with the hood.
Back to top Go down
guats85
Centruroides
guats85

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2013-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood   Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood Empty3/16/2013, 12:30 pm

My guess would be a faulty hood. I dont see a reason any bulb wouldn't work unless the hood was made to only use Exo Terra bulbs.
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood   Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood Empty3/16/2013, 12:43 pm

guats85 wrote:
My guess would be a faulty hood. I dont see a reason any bulb wouldn't work unless the hood was made to only use Exo Terra bulbs.

The fitting is universal that's not the problem, I think you got yourself a defect hood.
I would go back to your vendor and ask for a replacement.
Back to top Go down
guats85
Centruroides
guats85

PostSubject: Re: Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood   Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood Empty3/16/2013, 12:52 pm

+1^
Back to top Go down
Yames
Tityus
Yames

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood   Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood Empty3/16/2013, 1:57 pm

Ah zoo med and exo terra... I've been through 3 misters that all failed brutally from these guys. I ended up buying a spray bottle from a cleaning supply warehouse. Which cost 1/3rd the price and hasn't failed in any way.

Given the option I buy my heat bulbs from other companies too. It just seems like they sell over priced items that are guaranteed to fail. Both those manufacturers need a wake up call in the form of consumes not spending money on their over priced garbage.

Thanks for listening to my rant. I've been annoyed for years and never had the opportunity to bring it up.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com/
guats85
Centruroides
guats85

PostSubject: Re: Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood   Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood Empty3/16/2013, 2:04 pm

It happens Im searching for heat lamps and lights, and I agree that these lamps and bulbs are ridiculous as far as price. I dont want to give in and be ripped off, but what will determine if I do or not depends on what is best for my lady scorp. Smile
Back to top Go down
Skroar
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood   Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood Empty3/18/2013, 4:45 pm

The exo terra bulbs do work for the hood, but the zoo med, so far, don't.

That's why I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood   Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood Empty3/18/2013, 5:13 pm

Skroar wrote:
The exo terra bulbs do work for the hood, but the zoo med, so far, don't.

That's why I'm not sure.

The wattage is 26 watts or less? It's a basic fitting so I don't understand why it wouldn't work.

I am going to pick a random bulb here at my house and try it myself.
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

PostSubject: Re: Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood   Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood Empty3/18/2013, 5:19 pm

As I have said before, I remain thinking you have a defect compact top...
Just tried it with a random incandescent bulb, and it works fine.
Back to top Go down
guats85
Centruroides
guats85

PostSubject: Re: Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood   Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood Empty3/18/2013, 5:23 pm

That's my guess as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood   Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood Empty

Back to top Go down

Zoo med infrared bulb in exo terra hood
Page 1 of 1