The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

"Most Active" Scorpions available in UK

Go down 
+3
**GS**
Yames
John Howe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
John Howe
Pandinus
John Howe

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-10-04

"Most Active" Scorpions available in UK Empty
PostSubject: "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK   "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK Empty11/7/2012, 12:55 am

does anyone know which scorpions are the most active day or night?

i want to set up a new tank with some new scorps, but i want the most active ones i can get in the UK
Back to top Go down
Yames
Tityus
Yames

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK   "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK Empty11/7/2012, 2:24 am

I'm not sure what's available in the UK. As well as if you have a license to own venomous species. If you can list what you can get your hands on we will surely let you know which ones will do the most. But keep in mind most scorpions hide and hang out lots. They don't really know any tricks... unless you count hide and look for hiding spots as tricks?

As a general guide desert species seem to do a lot more then forest and bark scorpions.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com/
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK   "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK Empty11/7/2012, 2:40 am

Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK   "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK Empty11/7/2012, 4:16 am

Smeringurus mesaensis are a good choice IMO. There was a video from Jay somewhere but I can't find it at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK   "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK Empty11/7/2012, 4:18 am

DolbyR wrote:
Smeringurus mesaensis are a good choice IMO. There was a video from Jay somewhere but I can't find it at the moment.
+1
He'll probably pop in soon to share the link Smile
Back to top Go down
John Howe
Pandinus
John Howe

PostSubject: Re: "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK   "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK Empty11/7/2012, 7:59 am

i dont have a licence so the really venomous ones are out of the question, the ones i can get are the ones in places like The Spider Shop, Virgina Cheesman & BugzUK.

i know BugzUK have the most variety, but i was wondering how the scorpions are categorised cause it seems the A & B lettered spieces seem to be the most venomous.

i really want to set up a desert tank to see the difference between those and the forest type, at the moment mine dont come out much until really really late at night.
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK   "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK Empty11/7/2012, 8:07 am

TPS usually has a good choice of scorpions and their quality is well on place. I would suggest you buy from them.
I also suggest you look up for the BugzUK threads here, before you place any order.

Not sure what you mean by A & B lettered species, but AFAIK, what they have (both BugzUK and TPS) listed, are all non-DWA inverts.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
John Howe
Pandinus
John Howe

PostSubject: Re: "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK   "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK Empty11/7/2012, 8:48 am

i got my 2 HL from the spider shop and im well impressed at the quality of them, and there service, the only ones i find that need the DWA licence are

Scorpions
Family Buthidae: All species. Buthid scorpions.
Family Hemioscorpiidae:
The species Hemiscorpius lepturus.
Middle-Eastern thin-tailed scorpion.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK   "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK Empty11/8/2012, 7:24 pm

I agree with Dolby, S. mesaensis are pretty active little scorps. Although like most scorps, give them a good amount of substrate to burrow in and you may not see them for long periods. I try to give them just enough so they are happily burrowed but not so much they go missing if that makes sense.

I've never had any problems ordering from Spider Shop either, the same can't be said for bugzUK unfortunately as they usually have the most choice. Other than what's available from the places mentioned, the scorpion hobby in the UK is pretty much non existent. Crying or Very sad

Quote :
the only ones i find that need the DWA licence are

Scorpions
Family Buthidae: All species. Buthid scorpions.

And there's the reason for that right there, rules out alot of the most interesting species in one swoop. Just got to make the most of what we can keep.
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
robert44
Tityus

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK   "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK Empty11/18/2012, 12:06 pm

I'm not sure what's available in the U.K. but for any scorp you might consider viewing them at night in a dark area of you home with a red light. Scorps are nocturnal and will definately be out and about more when it's dark. The red light does not seem to bother them though.

Back to top Go down
VictorHernandez
Hadogenes
VictorHernandez

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2012-11-30

PostSubject: Re: "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK   "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK Empty12/4/2012, 5:55 pm

I think buthids are outlawed in the UK. But yeah, Smeringurus measaensis are a good choice. Hoffimanius spinigerus are supposedly the most active scorp out there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/captiveinvertebrates
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK   "Most Active" Scorpions available in UK Empty

Back to top Go down

"Most Active" Scorpions available in UK
Page 1 of 1