The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

New Scorp Ideas!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ramenuzumaki
Centruroides
Ramenuzumaki

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-10-07

New Scorp Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: New Scorp Ideas!   New Scorp Ideas! Empty7/21/2012, 7:12 pm

Hey guys!

So ages ago my fish died in my 5 gal aquarium(15.75Wx7.75Dx9.75H). I drained it the other day,a nd I plan on cleaning the hard water build up with vinegar, and cleaning the rocks and such, and I was thinking of getting a new scorpy instead of more fishyfies.

Any ideas of a scorpion that's easy to take care of that will be able to be happy in this small tank? I was thinking maybe a Babycurus Jacksoni?

Any other ideas would be much appreciated! Very Happy

Right now it's just your basic everyday ELITE aquarium. It has a coconut [which I'm tossing in the trash. I think it may have contributed to the death of my fish. my pleco was fine until it started to clean the coconut], some pink, and maroon rock substrate, and some fake plans, and a 5 galon filter. I can just store the filter, and plants, and use the aquarium gravel for a false bottom [haha], and pick up some more plantation soil or whatever is needed for whatever scorp i decide I want to raise.

Any suggestions would be fun, and if anyone knows any breeders or anything that would be great too!

I live in Cornwall, Ontario, Canada! <3
Back to top Go down
http://ramenuzumaki.deviantart.com
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

New Scorp Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scorp Ideas!   New Scorp Ideas! Empty7/21/2012, 8:11 pm

B. jacksoni is a nice species. Smile
What exactly are you looking for? Communal, size, etc?
Give the "Scorp-O-Matic" a try.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Ramenuzumaki
Centruroides
Ramenuzumaki

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-10-07

New Scorp Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scorp Ideas!   New Scorp Ideas! Empty7/22/2012, 2:08 am

I'm not sure if I could do a dry species. Arent they hard to take care of? Isn't it the dry species that are prone to mycosis? I'd be so paranoid haha

as far as "advanced" is that just stuff with stronger stings?

Centruroides gracillis has some nice colours. so do some of the Tityus spp.

Uhm. It's only a 5 gal. I don't think I'll be having more than one. If I want to have more tha one scorp I'll get one or two more P. Imperator. Nice big 30gal standard I have set up. I've got two in there right now. 1.0.1 - 5i and 4i

was thinking of getting something wont be hard to take care of, but is not an emp you know? the B. Jacksoni I read has a painful sting, but it isnt lethal. hurts for a little then goes away. Not that I'd be planning on handling it! Haha. I barely handle my P. Imperator and they are pretty gentle, and have a mild sting! I tong feed also.

I saw some pics of B. Jacksoni and some are REALLY pretty too. also, they are a humid scorp, so i wouldnt really need to worry about it that much, and they are small, and apparently communal so I could probably fit two in my little 5 gal if i had proper conditions

I was curious about getting a vertical moulting species, but it's not a tall tank you know? i figured when it comes to vertical moulting species they'd need more height than floor space? I could be wrong though. I also have a 20gal I'll probably be using for a scorp sometime down the line! Razz
*addiction!*

I am really facinated with the dry species, but I'm worried about their moulting process. are there any that wont really depend on me to be 110% attentive to help with moulting?

as far as size probably something small. like i said its just a small 5 gal. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://ramenuzumaki.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

New Scorp Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Scorp Ideas!   New Scorp Ideas! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Scorp Ideas!
Page 1 of 1