The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2012-06-09

what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion  Empty
PostSubject: what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion    what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion  Empty7/4/2012, 3:10 pm

im doing alot of research on different scorpions at this point and time becuase i cant make up my mind on what kind of scorpion i want to buy next, im constantyl changing my mind..... do these scorpions spit venom, is that why there called spitting scorpion, if so can they make u go blind ?? if any one has a care sheet on them feel free to post it. thanks : )
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/androctonus.australis.5
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion    what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion  Empty7/4/2012, 3:20 pm

well i found some info... posting it incase anyone else wants to learn about them... but im definetly NOT getting one....

the African spitting scorpion that has set the bar on just how deadly to humans a scorpion can be. Capable of pumping venom that can kill a human being in minutes, the African spitting scorpion captures its prey by spitting venom at it. Around 800-1,200 human deaths every year are attributed to this small but deadly animal.

1. Common name: African Black-Tipped Spitting Scorpion
2. Scientific Name: Parabuthus Liosoma
3. Range: South Africa
4. Type: Opportunistic Burrower
5. Communal: No
6. Full Grown Size: 3.5"
7. Growth Rate: Medium
8. Temperature: 80-85
9. Humidity: 60%
10. Temperment: Semi Aggressive
11. Speed: Fast
12. Venom: 3
13. Diet: Young can eat Pinhead crickets, small roaches, meal worms. Adults can eat large crickets. roaches, super worms.
14. Housing: Adults Medium critter keeper, 2 gallon tank, or rubbermaid type container. Young can live in small critter keepers or large deli cups.
15. Substrate Depth/Type: 4" of sand or sand/soil/peat mix with rocks or hides. Sand should be mixed with a small amount of Bentonite or the sand should be wet down and allowed to dry to provide a stable burrowing substrait
16. Additional Comments on This Species : This like some other Parabuthus are able to project an aerosol mist like venom up to 3 feet. Effects in the eyes range from pain to maybe temporary blindness. Permanent damage can occur if the venom is not washed from eyes. Goggles should be worn when working with this scorpion.
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion    what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion  Empty7/4/2012, 3:27 pm

Madagascan Black Thicktail Scorpion (Grosphus grandidieri )

can anyone find a caresheet on this scorpion please , i cant find one anywhere.... trying to figure out humidity level and if communal...... and venom level.....thanks : )
Back to top Go down
cody1984
Centruroides
cody1984

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion    what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion  Empty7/4/2012, 8:15 pm

Hate to tell you this but the info you posted really isn't very accurate P.liosoma almost never spray their venom and it wouldnt take a few minutes to kill someone it would take hours if they could do it all most of the time the people who die by scorpions are not very healthy or they are young or old P.liosoma are a very nice species to keep the hope that helped i didnt mean to be rude if i came off that way im sorry just trying to help out Smile
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion    what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion  Empty7/4/2012, 8:29 pm

oh sorry i didnt know it wasnt accurate ..... just saw it on the other website.... if they spit there venom and it gets on your skin is that bad or does it have to go into your bloodstream??
Back to top Go down
cody1984
Centruroides
cody1984

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion    what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion  Empty7/4/2012, 9:33 pm

From ive read it needs to go into your eyes which can make you blind or the bloodstream either way though if it gets on you you should wash it of as fast as you can it probly isnt healthy to have on you the only thing that wasent accurate was that they kill so fast and it spits venom to catch prey.They catch prey just like any other scorpion they ambush it and they are very good at it Smile if you have any other questions about them just ask and ill answer them if i can.
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion    what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion  Empty7/4/2012, 10:22 pm

@ emperor5--- You may want to look at the Parabuthus discussion thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion    what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion  Empty7/4/2012, 10:37 pm

okay ill check it out, sorry i have alot of questions, im just trying to learn about different species Smile
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion    what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion  Empty7/5/2012, 2:28 am

emperor5 wrote:
okay ill check it out, sorry i have alot of questions, im just trying to learn about different species Smile

I advice you to take a look at [HOW TO] Search for Scorpion's Information

I understand it is exciting for a new hobbyist to learn new information about different scorpions, but so far our forum has become a "huge box" of information and in 90% of the cases a simple search in the forum will answer most of your common questions.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion    what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion  Empty

Back to top Go down

what is a Black Tipped Spitting Scorpion
Page 1 of 1