The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

i think somethings wrong with my scorpion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jfilyau
Centruroides

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2011-07-25

i think somethings wrong with my scorpion Empty
PostSubject: i think somethings wrong with my scorpion   i think somethings wrong with my scorpion Empty7/25/2011, 4:47 pm

she cant open her left claw she just kinda punches things with it and shes been eating any crickets i put in front of her which has been 2 a day and she keeps attacking everything she seems like she has gotten very aggresive when befor she wouldnt even attack the crickets
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: i think somethings wrong with my scorpion   i think somethings wrong with my scorpion Empty7/25/2011, 5:02 pm

Pictures?
Back to top Go down
jfilyau
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: i think somethings wrong with my scorpion   i think somethings wrong with my scorpion Empty7/25/2011, 5:05 pm

of what?
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: i think somethings wrong with my scorpion   i think somethings wrong with my scorpion Empty7/25/2011, 5:12 pm

Of your scorpion of course. Mostly the disabled claw.

She is eating the crickets, or is not?
Back to top Go down
jfilyau
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: i think somethings wrong with my scorpion   i think somethings wrong with my scorpion Empty7/25/2011, 5:14 pm

yeah she eats the crickets and the claw looks normal just she never opens it
Back to top Go down
jfilyau
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: i think somethings wrong with my scorpion   i think somethings wrong with my scorpion Empty7/25/2011, 5:18 pm

um.. i dont have any pictures but i got a video of me trying to feed her and she attacked the stick i was using to get her attention on the cricket can i post that?
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: i think somethings wrong with my scorpion   i think somethings wrong with my scorpion Empty7/25/2011, 5:18 pm

jfilyau wrote:
of what?

clown Basketball
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
jfilyau
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: i think somethings wrong with my scorpion   i think somethings wrong with my scorpion Empty7/25/2011, 5:56 pm

how do i put a picture on here?
Back to top Go down
jfilyau
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: i think somethings wrong with my scorpion   i think somethings wrong with my scorpion Empty7/25/2011, 6:32 pm

[img]i think somethings wrong with my scorpion 0725151837[/img]
[img]i think somethings wrong with my scorpion 0725151953[/img][img]i think somethings wrong with my scorpion 0725151858[/img]
sorry for blurry pictures they are from a cellphone
but you can see in the pictures that she keeps her right claw open and then never opens the left
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: i think somethings wrong with my scorpion   i think somethings wrong with my scorpion Empty7/25/2011, 7:19 pm

Has it's captive care changed recently? Higher temperature or humidity fluctuations?
Back to top Go down
jfilyau
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: i think somethings wrong with my scorpion   i think somethings wrong with my scorpion Empty7/26/2011, 12:21 am

oh i put more of the coconut fiber stuff in there a few days ago and the humidty is always really low by night time even if i spray alota water
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: i think somethings wrong with my scorpion   i think somethings wrong with my scorpion Empty7/26/2011, 12:26 am

It has been noted by keepers that tropical scorpions display more aggressive behavior when humidity is low. You can just pour water onto the sub for more saturation, or set up a false bottom to keep humidity up.
Back to top Go down
jfilyau
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: i think somethings wrong with my scorpion   i think somethings wrong with my scorpion Empty7/26/2011, 1:06 am

think it would be a good idea to get another one?I'll just try putting more water in it.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: i think somethings wrong with my scorpion   i think somethings wrong with my scorpion Empty7/26/2011, 9:52 am

Another scorpion?
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: i think somethings wrong with my scorpion   i think somethings wrong with my scorpion Empty7/26/2011, 10:00 am

You can also boost the humidity by covering 2/3 of the top of your tank with plastic wrap or plexiglass
or even just a towel. This may also boost your temps, so you might want to keep an eye on them.
Back to top Go down
jfilyau
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: i think somethings wrong with my scorpion   i think somethings wrong with my scorpion Empty7/26/2011, 12:40 pm

the temp allready gets kinda high after awhile and says that its 90 on the side without a heater and i allready tryed putting a towel over it and the humidity still dropped and yes i mean anouther scorpion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i think somethings wrong with my scorpion   i think somethings wrong with my scorpion Empty

Back to top Go down

i think somethings wrong with my scorpion
Page 1 of 1