The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Small scorp question

Go down 
+4
ShawnDon
tlb_05
Scorpion19981000
LeriusQuin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LeriusQuin
Centruroides
LeriusQuin

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-03-31

Small scorp  question Empty
PostSubject: Small scorp question   Small scorp  question Empty7/11/2011, 4:22 am

I've got a few smaller scorps that I recently purchased. I know I need to be feeding them pin heads, but how often?
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Small scorp question   Small scorp  question Empty7/11/2011, 4:31 am

I would try feeding every few days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Small scorp question   Small scorp  question Empty7/11/2011, 6:06 am

If you are in a hurry to make it grow faster Id say powerfeed it but if youre not, go with 2-4 crix a week
Back to top Go down
ShawnDon
Pandinus
ShawnDon

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Small scorp question   Small scorp  question Empty7/11/2011, 10:20 am

I caught a scorpion for my wife about 2 months ago and read up on it and I beleive its a Giant Arizona Hairy Desert Scorpion. Recently he or she (yet to be discovered) has been spending an usual amount of time underground (compared to what he or she has been doing. I don't ever see him/her anymore. Is that normal? Why would he/she be doing this?
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Small scorp question   Small scorp  question Empty7/11/2011, 11:18 am

might be gravid
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
swane
Pandinus

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2011-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Small scorp question   Small scorp  question Empty7/11/2011, 2:36 pm

I keep three different small species of scorps i feed two of them medium crickets every ten days always at night and the other scorp twice the size of him every ten days,as soon as a put the food in he waits,and ambushes his prey with his pedipalps and stings it three times,it's still looks amazing as the first time i watched it happen,the other two scorps just ripp there prey to bits.
Back to top Go down
spinnin_tom
Tityus
spinnin_tom

Number of posts : 915
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Small scorp question   Small scorp  question Empty7/11/2011, 2:49 pm

you can start your own thread you know shawn Very Happy
welcome to this forum mate Razz
Back to top Go down
LeriusQuin
Centruroides
LeriusQuin

PostSubject: Re: Small scorp question   Small scorp  question Empty7/11/2011, 2:56 pm

I have used a clear piece of plastic as a divider in a 10 gallon tank. I used hot glue to put it in place. Will this hurt the scorps at all? Oh and is there a quicker way to try sand for burrow casting? I tried putting the oven on 150 and sticking the whole thing in there, but the glue started heating and running, and the plastic on the tank warped. lol good thing this tank was free. I've got the scorps in three small critter keepers with a water dish dry sand, and a heat lap, and I'd like to move them asap. Any suggestions on any of this?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Small scorp question   Small scorp  question Empty7/11/2011, 3:01 pm

Most importantly, stay cool Laughing

Plastic melts at high temperatures. The oven can get pretty hot inside!

It is ok to put a clear plastic divider in the enclosure. Glueing it with hot glue is one way.. I prefer an even simpler way. Take tape, plastic tape. Glue it on one side of the divider, make a U turn so you can glue the other end of the tape on the other side of the divider.

Now squeeze it together. If you push the divider in with tape folded on both sides of it, it will automatically tight fit and stay up. If you want to remove it, you can just slide it out. The tape acts as a seal.

It works and it is easy.

As for the sand.. I'm affraid the only way is to make a puddle of water, clay or bentonite.. mix it with the sand and let it cure out after you modelled some holes in it.

It takes time.. no way around it....
Back to top Go down
LeriusQuin
Centruroides
LeriusQuin

PostSubject: Re: Small scorp question   Small scorp  question Empty7/11/2011, 3:09 pm

Alright. I'm just trying to stay on the safe side of things with theses scorps. It's actually pretty funny I bought an LQ, fat tail, and a desert hairy. What's funny is that the LQ has the best behavior of all of them. The Fat tail is more aggressive, but still pretty passive, the desert hairy is a little rebel. He stings anything in the general vicinity that moves. I just think it's funny because the LQ knows he's a bad [buttocks], and the other two have to play it off.. Granted I don't want to get hit by any of them lol.
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Small scorp question   Small scorp  question Empty7/11/2011, 3:12 pm

Laughing I wouldnt underestimate that fat tail regarding speed though. They will rather run, but its amazing how FAST they can run.
You are right to do it safely, interspecies dont mix!

Back to top Go down
Chrome
Tityus
Chrome

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Small scorp question   Small scorp  question Empty7/11/2011, 8:53 pm

If you don't want to do pinheads smaller species and early instars are also usually scavengers so you can take a normal size cricket or medium size and rip them apart and present it to the scorps. I do this with the 2 dozen H.hottentotta communal tank 2-3i's, they swarm the big 5 week ripped apart crix, usually 3-5 on one pc. Rather fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
LeriusQuin
Centruroides
LeriusQuin

PostSubject: Re: Small scorp question   Small scorp  question Empty7/12/2011, 12:18 am

I wish I could do a video chat with someone more knowledgeable because I have a few questions that I don't feel like typing. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small scorp question   Small scorp  question Empty

Back to top Go down

Small scorp question
Page 1 of 1