The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Will scorpions eat theirselves to death?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

Will scorpions eat theirselves to death? Empty
PostSubject: Will scorpions eat theirselves to death?   Will scorpions eat theirselves to death? Empty6/27/2011, 12:14 pm

A picture says more than a thousand words. I did this to prove that scorpions DO NOT eat theirselves to death. She kept eating and eating, until finally she got too bloated. She doesnt eat anymore now AND as you can see, she still is alive.

6 crickets and 2 adult grasshoppers are in there, somewhere.... She is quite big if you look at the cup under her. In comparison with the bicolors.. lol

Not moulting (she is an adult, as far as I know), not gravid either (as far as I know)

Is it healthy? I dont think they care. Does it shorten their life? It prolly does! Do you need to keep them this way? No.

Miss Piggy
Will scorpions eat theirselves to death? Img0140bx
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Will scorpions eat theirselves to death?   Will scorpions eat theirselves to death? Empty6/27/2011, 12:34 pm

OMG lol thats just food is it??? dont keep feeding her silly ...lol

i get really annoyed at these people that feed and feed there dogs or cats till they weigh more than there owners and cant even walk...would you do that to a cat or dog if you had one?...thats not love thats cruelty

NOT saying thats the same for scorps though lol...obviously...maybe she just likes her food lol

think lil miss fatty needs to go to weight watchers lol

you sure shes not gravid lol Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Will scorpions eat theirselves to death?   Will scorpions eat theirselves to death? Empty6/27/2011, 1:52 pm

No I dont think so, it is because she s up for an 8th moult.. or just food. I did this because I liked how she attacked locust AND to prove that they will stop feeding when they're full.

Lol its no sight though. The scorpion from my avatar is this one.. shame really lol
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Will scorpions eat theirselves to death?   Will scorpions eat theirselves to death? Empty6/27/2011, 2:27 pm

Aw bless I can imagine they benefit frOm feeding up pre molt must take some effort getting out and then knowing yr too soft to take on live prey lol Smile
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Will scorpions eat theirselves to death?   Will scorpions eat theirselves to death? Empty6/27/2011, 2:33 pm

Lol bex, same here Smile

She doesnt really have the characteristic look of premoult though.. so she might be just fat lol
I dont think gravid, although chances are pretty good since she is WC and together with a male in the same enclosure.
It would suck though since I have 5 P. transvaalicus scorplings incoming lol. The way she is feeding reminds me much of my Bicolor female.. so it is possible. Dont see embryo though.

Bit silly to pay for scorplings if you have loads of these in a few months time. They are known to have large broods.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

PostSubject: Re: Will scorpions eat theirselves to death?   Will scorpions eat theirselves to death? Empty6/27/2011, 4:10 pm

Aw bless Poor fatty... It's what's on the inside that counts though right ...... Lol
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Will scorpions eat theirselves to death?   Will scorpions eat theirselves to death? Empty6/27/2011, 5:42 pm

pluto wrote:
No I dont think so, it is because she s up for an 8th moult..

You mean seventh moult to eighth instar right? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Will scorpions eat theirselves to death?   Will scorpions eat theirselves to death? Empty6/27/2011, 6:10 pm

Yes Mitchell, I meant from seventh to eighth instar lol...

Last edited by pluto on 6/27/2011, 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: Will scorpions eat theirselves to death?   Will scorpions eat theirselves to death? Empty6/27/2011, 6:15 pm

You know I gotta give you a hard time man. I'm way stoked for you to have an eighth instar Ptrans. They are huge and amazing!
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Will scorpions eat theirselves to death?   Will scorpions eat theirselves to death? Empty6/27/2011, 6:18 pm

Dunno if she is going to moult though but she is mighty fat just from overeating alone Smile
I wouldnt want it any other way dude. You just wait till I talk to your girlfriend!
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: Will scorpions eat theirselves to death?   Will scorpions eat theirselves to death? Empty6/27/2011, 6:25 pm

LOL! You'll scare her off!
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

PostSubject: Re: Will scorpions eat theirselves to death?   Will scorpions eat theirselves to death? Empty6/27/2011, 6:39 pm

I can be subtle!!!!!! Viking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will scorpions eat theirselves to death?   Will scorpions eat theirselves to death? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will scorpions eat theirselves to death?
Page 1 of 1