The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Wild Scorpions vs. commercially availably Scorpions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew Leigh
Centruroides

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2012-01-03

Wild Scorpions vs. commercially availably Scorpions Empty
PostSubject: Wild Scorpions vs. commercially availably Scorpions   Wild Scorpions vs. commercially availably Scorpions Empty1/15/2013, 3:31 pm

What behavioural patterns would one expect between the two, if any.

Mt Pt is real aggro and does not stop eating. Could the eating be a function of being wild (only 2 weeks in captivity) and opportunistically taking anything that comes past purely on a reflex reaction. I have read that sometimes they can go a month without a meal?

Clearly mine will take anything on offer and I will be regulating the diet as a result.
Back to top Go down
robert44
Tityus

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Wild Scorpions vs. commercially availably Scorpions   Wild Scorpions vs. commercially availably Scorpions Empty1/15/2013, 4:50 pm

I have not seen any clear differences in behavioural patterns between WC and CB. However I'm not sure on this point.
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Wild Scorpions vs. commercially availably Scorpions   Wild Scorpions vs. commercially availably Scorpions Empty1/15/2013, 6:56 pm

I can't site sources, but I doubt that there is any difference in behavior between wild caught and captive bred specimens. Scorpions cannot be tamed and just about everything they do is hardwired.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wild Scorpions vs. commercially availably Scorpions   Wild Scorpions vs. commercially availably Scorpions Empty

Back to top Go down

Wild Scorpions vs. commercially availably Scorpions
Page 1 of 1