The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Room Temp Scorpions?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
junosama
Centruroides

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-05-16

Room Temp Scorpions? Empty
PostSubject: Room Temp Scorpions?   Room Temp Scorpions? Empty5/28/2011, 10:52 pm

Are there any scorpions or other interesting Arthropods or amphibians that do fine at room temperature without the need for a basking light, infrared or heating pad? I'm looking to keep something on the top of my racks but its really hard to setup any sort of light or heating element on the top shelves that would shine down from above.

Any suggestions are welcome =)
Back to top Go down
leiurusSaleen820
Babycurus
leiurusSaleen820

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2011-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Room Temp Scorpions?   Room Temp Scorpions? Empty5/28/2011, 11:42 pm

Even though they are not any of the above ,I find them to be pretty cool and they come in so many colors and morphs. Crested Geckos they aren't vicious, love to be played with and ours seem to do really good at room temp ( about 70 - 75 f ). Me and my wife have no heat pads or lights on ours and they still shed and grow good,and are easy to take care of and love to chomp on crickets .

Not everyone likes them but check them out maybe you will ( go to the herps and amphibians section of this forum and check the rest of the family I have pics of mine )
anyway good luck with whatever you may get.
Back to top Go down
J.Gusler
Hadogenes
J.Gusler

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Room Temp Scorpions?   Room Temp Scorpions? Empty5/29/2011, 12:33 am

I have to agree with leiurusSaleen820 on this one I think the best thing that I can think of right now that don't need basking spots. Are crested geckos, I have kept them they are great. I also have a close friend that has kept this way and they have bred and everything. To hot of temps is actually bad for them. Another thing you could get that s a close relative to the cresties is the gargoyle gecko I have kept them to they can be kept the same way as cresties.
Back to top Go down
junosama
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Room Temp Scorpions?   Room Temp Scorpions? Empty5/29/2011, 2:19 am

Cool thanks ill check em out!
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Room Temp Scorpions?   Room Temp Scorpions? Empty5/29/2011, 4:01 am

I'm pretty sure most Chile species like to be kept on the cooler side at around room temperature, Bothriurus, Brachistosternus, Caraboctonus to name a few genus but this is vague.

Also alot of T's can be kept without additional heating equipment if the rooms warm anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
Peloquin
Babycurus
Peloquin

Number of posts : 429
Registration date : 2010-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Room Temp Scorpions?   Room Temp Scorpions? Empty5/29/2011, 4:35 am

As Jamie says, almost anything from Chile is fine at room temp.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Room Temp Scorpions?   Room Temp Scorpions? Empty5/29/2011, 5:28 am

Why not put your Chile Rose on top and then you can use the lamp and that for something else.
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
junosama
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: Room Temp Scorpions?   Room Temp Scorpions? Empty5/29/2011, 5:31 am

Just did that =) with two 50 watt heat lamps running 24/7 on the shelves below i guess it will keep the temp ok since heat rises. Worked out perfect!

Gonna use one shelf for my emp and when i have some more money i plan on getting both a desert hairy and flat rock scorpion.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Room Temp Scorpions?   Room Temp Scorpions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Room Temp Scorpions?
Page 1 of 1