The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics

Go down 
+5
Manser
Jay
Bedlam
takos
DolbyR
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics - Page 2 Empty5/14/2011, 4:44 pm

I was only able to get four. They sold a bunch at a show this weekend I guess so I grabbed up all the rest. Looks like I need to build a smaller tank for them in the meanwhile since four might get lost in a 30"x12" ha ha... I'm going to try to post some pictures up a bit later today of the tank I made so keep on the lookout! Any comments will be much appreciated.

I saw the pics you posted of yours, and they look great!
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics - Page 2 Empty5/18/2011, 4:22 am

Some Post-mortem pics:

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics - Page 2 IMGP1063

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics - Page 2 IMGP1061

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics - Page 2 IMGP1062

If you look at the first picture, it seems that one of the pectines is damaged.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics - Page 2 Empty5/18/2011, 5:52 am

Sorry for your loss mate.
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics - Page 2 Empty5/18/2011, 6:13 am

Thanks man. He's now staying in the freezer until I figure out what to do with him.
Don't know if to put him in a jar filled with alcohol, or if to give a shot at taxidermy. Bex's looked pretty cool after she did it.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics - Page 2 Empty5/18/2011, 6:23 am

Yea Bex done a good write up on it somewhere, I'd probably use that method for bigger scorps like this and the alcohol for small scorps, I've never actually done it though.
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics - Page 2 Empty5/18/2011, 6:34 am

I guess I'll pass by my vet later to see if she can get me a diposable scalpel for the job Smile
I used alcohol for one of my scorplings, it worked ok, but probably an adult emp would smell even through the alcohol.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics - Page 2 Empty5/18/2011, 7:34 am

i just used a very sharp knife and it was quite tough to break the skin, a scalpel would be much better Smile also i used hairspray on mine but i would recomend you use something stronger like a clear lacquer spray as the hairspray didnt hold to well in the end and had to use lacquer spray on top Smile

https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/t5406-scorpion-taxidermy-report?highlight=taxidermy
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics - Page 2 Empty5/18/2011, 7:36 am

Thanks for the tip on the lacquer. I could try out and get lacquer or acrylic clearcoat and spray it with the airbrush.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics - Page 2 Empty5/18/2011, 7:54 am

DolbyR wrote:
Thanks for the tip on the lacquer. I could try out and get lacquer or acrylic clearcoat and spray it with the airbrush.

sounds like a good plan, thats what im gonna do next time, my fiancee has an airbrush spray gun thingy he used for painting his warhammer lol, luckily have not had anything large die on me for a while and the small ones that have i just let dry out they dont small at all Smile

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics - Page 2 DOA

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics - Page 2 DOA1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2