The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics

Go down 
+5
Manser
Jay
Bedlam
takos
DolbyR
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty
PostSubject: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty4/23/2011, 2:41 am

Got my new ones yesterday.

Pandinus Imperator 1.0.0

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics IMGP0962

Heterometrus Laoticus 1.1.0

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics IMGP0960

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics IMGP0961

The Hets are not housed yet. I need to get them a 60x30cm where they will go communally, hopefully they will engage in mating as soon as they get together.

The emp will get a 30x30 until my female doesn't reach maturity. For the time being, I housed him in a 20x30. Need to get a brick of coco fiber asap though, as I didn't have enough left, so ATM he doesn't have much poibility for burrowing.

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics IMGP0963

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics IMGP0964

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics IMGP0965

Last edited by DolbyR on 5/18/2011, 4:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
takos
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2011-04-17

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty4/23/2011, 4:02 am

Good looking scorpions Very Happy any breeding project whith laoticus??
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty4/23/2011, 4:33 am

takos wrote:
Good looking scorpions Very Happy any breeding project whith laoticus??

Yes, as soon as I get the big enclosure setup, I hope I can get these guys breeding.
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2011-04-03

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty4/23/2011, 12:37 pm

Did you build that??
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty4/23/2011, 12:54 pm

Yes, I made the enclosure.
Back to top Go down
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty4/23/2011, 1:00 pm

Nice new additions mate, hope you do get laoticus babies. Enclosure will look good when you stuff it with coco fibre Smile
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
Manser
Babycurus
Manser

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty4/23/2011, 4:12 pm

yeah bro nice new additions,,,,,... and you cant beat that new coco fibre smell when you've just prepared it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty4/24/2011, 12:54 am

I'd say you did a great job building that... might give it a whirl myself.
Back to top Go down
Kweegwin
Centruroides
Kweegwin

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-02-24

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty4/29/2011, 8:21 pm

nice job on the enclosure. only thing I would change is the hide, or maybe sink it into the ground so that there is an inch sticking above. your scorp looks to be in super defense mode. it should be able to relax a bit in it hide, crack open a beer and watch the game.
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty5/3/2011, 3:50 am

Here's the (temporary) setup for the Laoticus. Still want them in something lightly bigger as this is only 16x10".
They've been in this around too weeks, but no signs of mating yet. Hopefully they will mate soon though.

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics IMGP0992

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics IMGP0993

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics IMGP0974

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics IMGP0971

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics IMGP0972

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics IMGP0973
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty5/3/2011, 2:07 pm

awesome looking critters you have there and a nice enclosure dolby!

I' d put them somewhere real dark tho, maybe give them a dark backdrop, put a closed almost non ventilated lid on it to keep moistureness in and heat their socks off. That way they might have less stress and breed easier. SIze seems ok though, they will sure find each other this way :-)

Oh ye, might want to put a solid piece of stone or something somewhere for the male to anchor his spermatophore onto (if this species even needs it).

Just my two cents.. dont want to sound like an [buttocks] cause all else is really good, they're looking really healthy anyway... :-)

Maybe some of the pros here can help out..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty5/13/2011, 3:49 pm

The emp died

This sucks. I don't know what went wrong. The temps were ok and the substrate was moist all the time. Noticed he's in the same spot since last night and decided to check. Not moving and SMELLS. He's mouth seemed half open and I couldn't see the cricket that was in the tank. I would suspect poisioning, but all my other animals have ate from the same crickets and they're all fine so it can't be that.
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty5/13/2011, 3:56 pm

Sorry about you loss. Could have been something from before you got him since everything was fine. He was just dead? Didn't look like he was attack by anything? Like a cage mate?
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty5/13/2011, 4:03 pm

Yeah, he was just in the corner like he often liked to stay. He was housed alone. He was perfect 2 days ago, moving, exploring. not even dragging his tail.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

Number of posts : 1836
Registration date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty5/13/2011, 5:28 pm

You got him as an adult? Could it have been old then?
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty5/13/2011, 5:39 pm

sorry for your loss Sad yeah i rekon old age our first scorp was an emp and he died within the month, thats the problem with buying adults, you never really know how old they are RIP
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty5/13/2011, 5:42 pm

Was supposed to be a young specimen, but you never know.
Got him last month.

I was hoping he would live long enough until my female matures and they can breed.. oh well, I guess she'll be my only emp for a while.

Now I need an easy to breed desert spp... they're o much easier than forest scorps. H. Hottentotta maybe? lol
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty5/13/2011, 5:45 pm

Scary start to in the hobby though... 4 months, total 11 scorps, 3 casualties Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty5/13/2011, 5:51 pm

Ha ha yeah I'd say Hh's are pretty easy to "breed". C. sculpturatus are neat little desert bark scorps. They do very well in captivity, are very communal, and breed pretty easily. I'm biased though as they were my first venture into the addiction...
Back to top Go down
pluto
Leiurus

Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty5/14/2011, 12:01 pm

Hottentotters all the way if you want to have your knees kneedeep in scorps. Exactly what Street said.

Did you find out why he died? Looks a really weird story mate. Lots of scorps dying around here hmmm
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/irapesheep?feature=mhee
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty5/14/2011, 1:29 pm

My best guess would be old age. I can't find any other explanation than that.
Back to top Go down
Bedlam
Tityus
Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty5/14/2011, 1:36 pm

Old age is probably it, sucks though man. Don't give up, theirs another bugger somewhere waiting for you to take it home.
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty5/14/2011, 1:40 pm

No way I'm giving up. I love my scorpions and I won't be able to live without them anymore.
I have a new one coming in a week or two. It will be either a D.Hairy, or a Babycurus Spp.
The deal is, if no Haddies are available again, the guy will bring me the Babycurus.

Still hoping my M.Martensii is really gravid too, if she is, she should pop in a month or two.
Back to top Go down
Streettrash
Androctonus
Streettrash

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty5/14/2011, 2:40 pm

Nice. I just set up a tank for a community of martensii. I'm ordering them right now! Hopefully there will be many broods to come. Seriously though, C. sculpturatus are some awesome little scorps. There's nothing quite like looking into a tank just crawling with scorps!
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty5/14/2011, 3:08 pm

How many martensii's are you getting? I have 4 in a 10x20", but honestly, there is room for a lot more. They doo love rocks a hides, mine hang upside down all the time from the flat rocks i've gave them as hides.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics   New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics Empty

Back to top Go down

New Additions and Emp temporary enclosure - Updated with emp post-mortem pics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next