The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Updated pics

Go down 
+2
*Connie*
cjm1991
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cjm1991
BANNED
cjm1991

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Updated pics Empty
PostSubject: Updated pics   Updated pics Empty8/26/2008, 2:01 am

Havent posted any pics of some of these in a while, and a couple have molted sense their last pics. Heres a few eating pics
Hairy scorpion eating stinging roach
Updated pics 2sale9s
Updated pics Whd6ab
Updated pics 2ujjjmq
EDIT
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Updated pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated pics   Updated pics Empty8/26/2008, 4:28 am

Sorry fogive me but...why does you "dune" need to eat a lizard? Was this prekill?
Since you fed your scorpion before a roach, why move to something like a lizard?
Surely roaches, crickets, hoppers, locusts will do for scorpions instead of moving to lizards and mice and gah.
Anyhoo.

Was this prekill?
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Updated pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated pics   Updated pics Empty8/26/2008, 6:53 am

yeah as a keeper of mainly reptiles i dont like that, it was not needed, that meal is huge and in my personal opinion rather cruel
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Updated pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated pics   Updated pics Empty8/26/2008, 11:15 am

a lizard is a rather large food item.... i doubt he would eat the whole thing anyway.
Back to top Go down
cjm1991
BANNED
cjm1991

Updated pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated pics   Updated pics Empty8/26/2008, 2:49 pm

He only ate about half of it, and its the only lizard I have feed to any scorpion. But, my T's and pede's like one every now and then, just like mice.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

Updated pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated pics   Updated pics Empty8/26/2008, 3:07 pm

but they survive and are happy on the other huge variety of food out there which doesnt involve mice or lizards
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
wburke17
Babycurus
wburke17

Number of posts : 262

Updated pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated pics   Updated pics Empty8/26/2008, 6:29 pm

*Connie* wrote:
but they survive and are happy on the other huge variety of food out there which doesnt involve mice or lizards
How do you know if a scorpion is happy? does it wag its tail and give you puppy dog eyes?
I dont think its right to get on somebody else for there choices.
we all here do everything by the book right? if so I want a copy of that book.
And just because We can survive on bread and water doesnt mean that cow or chicken or fish will hurt us. Variety is good for all of our pets. The way I see it is if the scorp will attempt to eat a lizard then its fine.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Updated pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated pics   Updated pics Empty8/26/2008, 6:37 pm

Warren the problem is that Verts make up less than 5% of their diet in the wild. So many of us see it as cruelty on the lizards part since its not neccessary at all for their diet. Plus the meal is much to big. Very unhealthy for the scorpion to overeat.
~Abyss~ wrote:
This subject has been popping out in other forums, so before they make their way here I'd like to make a rule against it.
NO POST ON ANIMAL CRULETY
If you find an article you want to share, thats fine but no posting videos or pictures of "Scorpion VS. Mouse", "Tarantula Vs. Bird", ect.
There are a few exceptions to this rule. Feeder bugs are okay. ABSOLUTLY NO GLADIOATOR BUGS OR JAPANESE BUG FIGHTS. If you find a video DOCUMENTARY style of an encounter between "scorpion vs. tarantula"or similar that is excepted. If you post any of these videos here you will be suspended or banned depending on the seriousness of the video.
-Eddy
Might not be a book, but it's against the rules.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Updated pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated pics   Updated pics Empty8/26/2008, 6:45 pm

wburke17 wrote:
*Connie* wrote:
How do you know if a scorpion is happy? does it wag its tail and give you puppy dog eyes?
I dont think its right to get on somebody else for there choices.
we all here do everything by the book right? if so I want a copy of that book.
And just because We can survive on bread and water doesnt mean that cow or chicken or fish will hurt us. Variety is good for all of our pets. The way I see it is if the scorp will attempt to eat a lizard then its fine.

i dont think she meant happy so much as in the literal sense, also i dont think a human can live on bread and water along,
and red meat can indeed harm us can it not Razz
i just wanna be awkward now lol

either way a lizard is another creature that is commonly kept as a pet so is always going to get a negative reaction from most keepers, i dont like seeing mice been fed either to b honest as i keep mice and rats.
Back to top Go down
wburke17
Babycurus
wburke17

Number of posts : 262

Updated pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated pics   Updated pics Empty8/26/2008, 7:17 pm

Fine it falls under your rules but I still dont think people should get down on them for it.
~Abyss~ wrote:
Warren the problem is that Verts make up less than 5% of their diet in the wild. So many of us see it as cruelty on the lizards part since its not neccessary at all for their diet.
Well if its only 5% of there diet then that means its in its diet does it not? so if you feed your scorp every other week 26 times in one year give or take and you feed it one lizard or whatever that still under 5% of its diet.

~Abyss~ wrote:
Plus the meal is much to big. Very unhealthy for the scorpion to overeat..
Please show me a picture of a scorp thats eatin to much. An scorp is only going to eat as much as it can because it is an opertunistic eater and doesnt know when its meal will be the next time in the wild. so then I would wait a month before offering to feed it a next time.

In the spider world alot of people offer there female t's mice before mating attempts and get much better results from it.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Updated pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated pics   Updated pics Empty8/26/2008, 7:19 pm

I got some pics in my home computer of some very blimpy scorps. Kari himself said it shortens their lifetime and causes problems if to big when they molt.
Quote :
Well if its only 5% of there diet then that means its in its diet does it not? so if you feed your scorp every other week 26 times in one year give or take and you feed it one lizard or whatever that still under 5% of its diet.
The only reason that it's only 5% is because a hungry scorp is not gonna go after such a dangerous meal when inverts are offered they can go their whole life time and live a long life being fed only inverts. ANd if you wanna offer variety in their diets you have plenty of inverts to choose from. I personally use crix, roaches, silkworms, mealworms, ect.
Back to top Go down
cjm1991
BANNED
cjm1991

Updated pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated pics   Updated pics Empty8/26/2008, 7:39 pm

I dont really view lizards and mice as pet type animals. I view them as God intended, food for bigger creatures.
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Updated pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated pics   Updated pics Empty8/26/2008, 7:48 pm

well that is a rather ignorant view in my opinion, not everything is a prey animal.
Also your animals arent in the wild so a lizard wouldnt be its natural prey would it, also that lizard was biggr than the scorpion
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Updated pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated pics   Updated pics Empty8/26/2008, 7:50 pm

Im sure you got that straight from gods mouth? That scorpion was definatly not bigger than the lizard. This topic is now locked. Any one have any more complaints take it up with me or whoever through PM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Updated pics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updated pics   Updated pics Empty

Back to top Go down

Updated pics
Page 1 of 1