The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Haddy in new enclosure....finally

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Haddy in new enclosure....finally Empty
PostSubject: Haddy in new enclosure....finally   Haddy in new enclosure....finally Empty11/24/2010, 2:56 pm

Hello,

We put haddy in her new enclosure last night, took a week to dry out, she seems quite happy and already has made a burrow just where i wanted her to lol in the back of the ruins managed to get a couple of pics of her before she dissapeared...

this is her new enclosure...

Haddy in new enclosure....finally 952f8d8c

heres haddy...

Haddy in new enclosure....finally 6151dfad

Haddy in new enclosure....finally Bd38bc1a

and here is the pile of sand i found this morning she has continued the burrow i started for her right in the back of the ruin...

Haddy in new enclosure....finally Ccc006d2

Haddy in new enclosure....finally F45e97ef

This is a quick clip of when we put her in...she doesnt seem to impressed with it lol and actually walks straight into a post lol

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haddy in new enclosure....finally   Haddy in new enclosure....finally Empty11/24/2010, 2:59 pm

That's nice Very Happy I'm sure she'll be happy there!
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Haddy in new enclosure....finally   Haddy in new enclosure....finally Empty11/24/2010, 3:42 pm

She looks very active and healthy Smile
See? These buggers will dig the crap out of that substrate!

Don't go in the ruins, a creature lurks there!! Poor crickets, they are entering their doom.
Back to top Go down
Kristopher
Centruroides
Kristopher

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Haddy in new enclosure....finally   Haddy in new enclosure....finally Empty11/24/2010, 3:54 pm

Very nice! Haddy looks like a magnificent specimen. Great job on the enclosure as well. Very Happy

Get ready for more sand piles. Those guys are digging fools! lol.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Haddy in new enclosure....finally   Haddy in new enclosure....finally Empty11/24/2010, 4:20 pm

Thank you! Very Happy

Was amazed at how fast she burrowed!

this is our first desert species and i think we have already seen her nearly as much as all our forest species lol, we are also looking into getting some Scorpio maurus soon so looking forward to that Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haddy in new enclosure....finally   Haddy in new enclosure....finally Empty11/24/2010, 4:36 pm

Now comes the downside of giving the scorpion optimal conditions: It will burrow and you wont see it for long periods of time Neutral

It's the same with my emperors, but still, knowing that they have the best conditions and are thriving is far better, then having a stressed out scorpion which you allways see Wink
Back to top Go down
Kristopher
Centruroides
Kristopher

PostSubject: Re: Haddy in new enclosure....finally   Haddy in new enclosure....finally Empty11/24/2010, 4:48 pm

Yeah, desert species, H. Arizonensis in particular tend to be more active. Under the right conditions they live a long time as well so you should get alot of viewing enjoyment from her.

Can't wait to see those Maurus.
Back to top Go down
Kristopher
Centruroides
Kristopher

PostSubject: Re: Haddy in new enclosure....finally   Haddy in new enclosure....finally Empty11/24/2010, 4:52 pm

René wrote:
Now comes the downside of giving the scorpion optimal conditions: It will burrow and you wont see it for long periods of time Neutral

It's the same with my emperors, but still, knowing that they have the best conditions and are thriving is far better, then having a stressed out scorpion which you allways see Wink

Yeah... that's true to an extent. I've had two hadrurus in the past and so long as it was warm enough at night, they were quite active, but they would occasionally disapear for a few days or a week at a time though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haddy in new enclosure....finally   Haddy in new enclosure....finally Empty

Back to top Go down

Haddy in new enclosure....finally
Page 1 of 1