The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Sneaky Sneaky Emperor...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ScorpionSam
Hadogenes
ScorpionSam

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2010-10-24

Sneaky Sneaky Emperor... Empty
PostSubject: Sneaky Sneaky Emperor...   Sneaky Sneaky Emperor... Empty11/16/2010, 12:25 pm

My scorpion Titan escaped his cage, we looked for 2 days straight ripping up everywhere in search of him. Today after i came home from school i searched again, suddenly my dog started barking and growling downstairs. My dog always make those sounds when he has found something say like a house spider, i ran down and sat in the middle of my kitchen was Titan. The thing i have been wondering about is how did he escape a cage with an opening at the top and nothing to climb up on. and how did he manage to survive a 4 foot drop off of a shelf in my room as well as him managing to navigate my stairs... this realy has dumbfounded me. Anyway i thought i would share this with you guys because it has realy baffled me :S

Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Sneaky Sneaky Emperor...   Sneaky Sneaky Emperor... Empty11/16/2010, 1:17 pm

lol some can climb i would never leave a gap always have a lid...just in case

you should rename him houdini....

scorpions are pretty hardy little things they are known for possesing the toughest survival skills on the planet some were found to survive radiation from French nuclear weapons and Philip Brownell, a professor of zoology at Oregon State University has frozen scorpions in his research, only to place them in the sun the next day and watch them thaw out and walk away another very interesting fact about scorpions is that it has been noted that their exoskeleton has a focal distribution of metals. In the chelicera, sting, and tarsi there are high amounts of metals. It is a high concentration almost reaching 30% by weight so i dont think a four foot drop would harm them too much

glad you found him though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Manser
Babycurus
Manser

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Sneaky Sneaky Emperor...   Sneaky Sneaky Emperor... Empty11/16/2010, 1:24 pm

ive had a few scorps that have been escape artist's before and you'll be surprised how well they can climb, and you'll be surprised how hardy some scorps are, ive dropped one from 6ft before (by accident of course) and it survived. at least you found him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213

PostSubject: Re: Sneaky Sneaky Emperor...   Sneaky Sneaky Emperor... Empty11/16/2010, 1:39 pm

As everyone else says, put a lid on Wink They can climb nearly everything like silicone-left-overs from assembling of the terrarium + they can stand on their tail, elevating them just as high as they are long Wink

As far as navigating your stairs and the drop: In short of what 231bex says, they are amazng creatures Shocked
Back to top Go down
ScorpionSam
Hadogenes
ScorpionSam

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Sneaky Sneaky Emperor...   Sneaky Sneaky Emperor... Empty11/16/2010, 2:05 pm

The tank has a lid i think my sister may have opened it a tiny bit =/
Back to top Go down
andrew saken
Hadogenes
andrew saken

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Sneaky Sneaky Emperor...   Sneaky Sneaky Emperor... Empty11/16/2010, 2:36 pm

They can not only lift themselves up with their tail, but they can do that on top of an object, like a hide or plant, even if it is an inch or so away from the glass. Once they get to the lid they can push it up if its not on securely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sneaky Sneaky Emperor...   Sneaky Sneaky Emperor... Empty

Back to top Go down

Sneaky Sneaky Emperor...
Page 1 of 1