The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating

Go down 
+3
H. laoticus
Kerrby
lordpotato
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Manser
Babycurus
Manser

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating   2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating - Page 2 Empty11/5/2010, 7:29 pm

never had an emp and afs in same enclosure but id say no, probably keep on fighting, and probably to the death.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
lordpotato
Hadogenes
lordpotato

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2010-11-04

PostSubject: Re: 2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating   2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating - Page 2 Empty11/5/2010, 7:31 pm

im probably gonna go to the pet store a little later today... get some bigger crickets and a heat bulb. and a better thermometer
Back to top Go down
Kerrby
Centruroides
Kerrby

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: 2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating   2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating - Page 2 Empty11/6/2010, 1:39 am

Hey mate. Def a heterometrus of some sort. I've had to deal with enough of them to know that it's a very tough ID. I know Alex (LDX) can probably send you a list of things to check for.

The biggest giveaway here is the non-granulated chelea. (Emp's claws kind of are bumpy like basketballs).

And def don't put a Hetermetrus with an Emp. It's not going to end well. They might do ok in that huge tank of yours, but who knows, I've never had a tank that big to try it.
Back to top Go down
*~BEX~*
Administrator
*~BEX~*

Number of posts : 4246
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: 2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating   2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating - Page 2 Empty11/6/2010, 6:08 am

lordpotato wrote:
ok thanks... btw i am using coco fiber and i noticed something else.... the teslon stinger thing on both of them are black... ill also try and get photos up as soon as possible. oh and one more thing... whats with the signatures where they got the scientific name followed by the numbers or vice versa.

Hi here's a link to a useful guide it explains the numbers after species thing at the bottom

https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/scorpion-guides-tutorials-f18/word-to-know-in-the-hobby-t831.htm
Back to top Go down
lordpotato
Hadogenes
lordpotato

PostSubject: Re: 2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating   2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating - Page 2 Empty11/6/2010, 2:28 pm

ahh thanks for the help... they get about the same size right?
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: 2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating   2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating - Page 2 Empty11/7/2010, 11:18 am

lordpotato wrote:
they get about the same size right?
Yeah roughly about the same size. My biggest AFS is only 5 Inch..

2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating - Page 2 IMG_1898a

& i recently saw Kerrby's post of his favorite AFS.. it's a massive 6 1/2 Inches What a Face
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/scorpion-pictures-videos-f13/some-pics-of-my-favorite-t5460.htm
Back to top Go down
lordpotato
Hadogenes
lordpotato

PostSubject: Re: 2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating   2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating - Page 2 Empty11/7/2010, 11:36 am

cool... just a thought but have they ever had a emp/afs hybrid?
Back to top Go down
lordpotato
Hadogenes
lordpotato

PostSubject: Re: 2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating   2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating - Page 2 Empty11/7/2010, 11:42 am

oh... and afs need about the same care as an emp, right?
Back to top Go down
Kristopher
Centruroides
Kristopher

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-10-29

PostSubject: Re: 2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating   2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating - Page 2 Empty11/7/2010, 11:49 am

Yeah... get those pictures up. Black telson doesn't sound like an Emp. OOOPS! You already have picture up.... sorry.

Yeah.... Doesn't look like an Emp at all.
Back to top Go down
lordpotato
Hadogenes
lordpotato

PostSubject: Re: 2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating   2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating - Page 2 Empty11/7/2010, 12:04 pm

its funny because my dad continued to say i had emps.... i managed to provee to him that they were afss.
Back to top Go down
Manser
Babycurus
Manser

Number of posts : 484
Registration date : 2010-09-30

PostSubject: Re: 2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating   2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating - Page 2 Empty11/7/2010, 2:58 pm

lordpotato wrote:
cool... just a thought but have they ever had a emp/afs hybrid?

i dont think its possible to cross breed scorps. i dunno if anyone knows more about it. i mean for there to be all the species of scorps we have now there must have been some sort of cross breeding going on many many many years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bludgeon213
Kerrby
Centruroides
Kerrby

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2010-08-30

PostSubject: Re: 2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating   2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating - Page 2 Empty11/7/2010, 3:52 pm

Haha. An emp AFS crossbreed could possibly be my dream scorpion. I doubt it ever happens, but like Manser said, there likely was some at some point.

I'm thinking that the AFS and Emp are close enough in environment, size, and (sometimes) temperment that if crossbreeding was to occur in current times it would likely be between these two species.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating   2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2 new emps... dont know if one is preg and if they are eating
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2