The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

first scorp (emp) and her new home

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ScorpKid
Pandinus
ScorpKid

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-05-03

first scorp (emp) and her new home Empty
PostSubject: first scorp (emp) and her new home   first scorp (emp) and her new home Empty5/8/2010, 12:26 am

Here's Audrey III (named after Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors).
Here's her new home. a 10 gallon aquarium with a false bottom (first time doing this)
Got some rocks from a neighbor's driveway.. (he had a HUGE pile just waiting for me).
cleaned the rocks, put them on the bottom of the tank, got a water bottle, cut out 3 holes towards the bottom of the bottle, threw some rocks in the bottle to weigh it down.
first scorp (emp) and her new home 00211
first scorp (emp) and her new home 00310
then I added two layers of screen
first scorp (emp) and her new home 00410
then I added one brick of eco earth (coconut fiber)
first scorp (emp) and her new home 00510
first scorp (emp) and her new home 00610
first scorp (emp) and her new home 00710
then I added the decor. random rocks. cut a small hole in the bottle for a vine of pothos.
first scorp (emp) and her new home 00810
first scorp (emp) and her new home 00910
first scorp (emp) and her new home 01010
first scorp (emp) and her new home 01011
first scorp (emp) and her new home 01210

I think I set this up pretty nice, don't you think? I love this stuff.

-JG
Back to top Go down
ScorpKid
Pandinus
ScorpKid

PostSubject: Re: first scorp (emp) and her new home   first scorp (emp) and her new home Empty5/8/2010, 12:28 am

sorry for the double posted pics.

-JG
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: first scorp (emp) and her new home   first scorp (emp) and her new home Empty5/8/2010, 1:07 am

thats pretty good...
simplicity is very hard to do lol

but just wait...
one day youll be bored...
and the thought "how can i make this better?" will pop in your head
=)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
ScorpKid
Pandinus
ScorpKid

PostSubject: Re: first scorp (emp) and her new home   first scorp (emp) and her new home Empty5/8/2010, 1:15 am

I already am asking that question.. definitely want more small plants.. better looking place to pour the water into (I just used what I had..) aaannddd... idk

so are you saying mine is "simple"?
I kinda agree.. it's simple yet has everything necessary.
idk. I like my new cage. I wish they did some climbing too. some nice branches would be cool, but I don't want her to fall and injure herself.
I thought I dropped something on her tank when I jumped cause one of my carpet pythons bit my finger.... but I didn't

she seems to like the little pot cave. that other piece of decor has a perfect place for a little cave big enough for her.
man.. I love this stuff.

-JG
Back to top Go down
the lycan mikey
Tityus
the lycan mikey

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: first scorp (emp) and her new home   first scorp (emp) and her new home Empty5/8/2010, 1:41 am

ScorpKid wrote:
I already am asking that question.. definitely want more small plants.. better looking place to pour the water into (I just used what I had..) aaannddd... idk

so are you saying mine is "simple"?
I kinda agree.. it's simple yet has everything necessary.
idk. I like my new cage. I wish they did some climbing too. some nice branches would be cool, but I don't want her to fall and injure herself.
I thought I dropped something on her tank when I jumped cause one of my carpet pythons bit my finger.... but I didn't

she seems to like the little pot cave. that other piece of decor has a perfect place for a little cave big enough for her.
man.. I love this stuff.

-JG

lol its contagious...
simplicity is very hard to accomplish, i know that first hand

more small plants would definitely add more "realism"

you could put some vines in there, but you dont want the scorp being able to get to close to the lid or top of the tank, i heear they can be some pretty good escape artists...but if you give them the chance, they'll crawl on everything...so theres an idea for you to toy with (im still rolling it over in my head, but it can wait until i re-do my whole tank again)

im dying to get a desert scorp and try my hand at making an enclosure for that type =)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?ref=profile&
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: first scorp (emp) and her new home   first scorp (emp) and her new home Empty5/8/2010, 7:00 am

Its looking good Smile The only thing I'd recommend would be to add an extra brick of coco fibre just to make the substrate that bit deeper.
Back to top Go down
ScorpKid
Pandinus
ScorpKid

PostSubject: Re: first scorp (emp) and her new home   first scorp (emp) and her new home Empty5/8/2010, 9:44 am

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. When I bought the brick, I figured it would be MORE than enough. Guess I was wrong.
Anyways, I just started the whole scorpion care last Sunday when I got my new emperor. She already burrowed under the pot. It would be fine to add another emp in this enclosure?

-JG
Back to top Go down
ScorpKid
Pandinus
ScorpKid

PostSubject: Re: first scorp (emp) and her new home   first scorp (emp) and her new home Empty5/11/2010, 2:34 pm

Could another emp live in this 10 gallon tank with the female in there too?
I'm going to add another brick of coconut fiber, more pothos, and thinking about adding some sort of bark hot glued onto parts of the tank walls just for extra climbing stuff.. Really want to somehow incorporate some sort of ledge so there are multiple "layers" in the tank.. And might add an air stone down to the false bottom and link it to some sort of mini waterfall of some sort so the water isn't stagnent.

Sounds cool, huh? Lol

2 superworms are crawling around in the substrate... Is that a problem?

-JG
Back to top Go down
kayaket
Hadogenes
kayaket

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: first scorp (emp) and her new home   first scorp (emp) and her new home Empty5/11/2010, 5:47 pm

Yes, two emperors can live in a 10 gal. tank. But I would recommend another female so there's less a chance that they will fight. Make sure you dig up the substrate and move everything around to erase any territories your current emp. may have made.

If you do add layers than make sure not to put them so close to the lid that your scorp could push the lid off and crawl out/fall and get injured.

I would take the superworms out, from what I've been told you need to hand them to your scorpion or the superworms may eat her!

Goodluck with your new scorpion! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ScorpKid
Pandinus
ScorpKid

PostSubject: Re: first scorp (emp) and her new home   first scorp (emp) and her new home Empty5/11/2010, 7:18 pm

Yeah I read that too about the superworms.. I'll try to dig 'em up when I add the second brick of coconut fiber. I'm going to HomeDepot to get a piece of plexiglass, add a few specifically placed holes, add clamps, and I got myself an escape proof scorp tank.

-JG
Back to top Go down
kayaket
Hadogenes
kayaket

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: first scorp (emp) and her new home   first scorp (emp) and her new home Empty5/11/2010, 7:33 pm

Sounds good. Make sure that if you use glue it doesn't give off fumes that could kill or harm your scorp. Again I wish you goodluck and hope all goes well for you and your scorpion!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: first scorp (emp) and her new home   first scorp (emp) and her new home Empty

Back to top Go down

first scorp (emp) and her new home
Page 1 of 1