The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Scorp ID with no pic

Go down 
+3
Vietnamese510
Venom
Athlon2k2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Scorp ID with no pic Empty
PostSubject: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/11/2008, 12:18 pm

Sorry to ask this guys but I couldn't get a picture of it. They were selling it at a pet store as a L.Q. but it didn't look like one to me. The body was slinder like a L.Q. or maybe Centruroides of some sort, but the last segment of his tail was not darkened or black. It was lightly striped sort of like a V. Spinigerus. The telson was promenantly yellow and small like an A. Australis. The whole scorp was yellow but not a high yellow like a Mesaensis more the color of an L.Q. but its back was the same color as the rest of its body. Can someone put a name to my mystery scorp. I'm sure it is one of the more common scorps in the trade. Do some L.Q.s have strips on there last segments instead of being darkened. I haven't seen one and it just didn't look like an L.Q. to me. They also tried to tell my their A.Australis was a different subspecies of L.Q. Thanks.

-Dustin
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/11/2008, 2:00 pm

It could be a Dune scorpion.

I forgot the sci-name
Back to top Go down
Vietnamese510
Centruroides
Vietnamese510

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/11/2008, 4:02 pm

this a dune scorpion

http://www.visualadvance.com/invertcare/caresheets/scorpions/Smeringurus/Smeringurusmesaensis.html
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/6craccincuhzz
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/11/2008, 4:14 pm

no it is a little darker and not so streamline.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/11/2008, 4:28 pm

thats a bad pic of a dune scorpion. I havent met any one with that color morph. Thats a freshly molted one on blue canvas. You can ask Redknee for a good picture. He has the ones I sent him. Scorp ID with no pic 02220811. Thats a crappy pic of one of my "dark morphs" still very light colored. Or it could be a V. spinegerous. Stripped Devil scorpion.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/11/2008, 4:36 pm

Well the telson is small like an A. Australis and not elongated like the Mesaensis. And I definitely know its not a V. Spinigerus. I have seen about a million of those this weekend.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/11/2008, 8:16 pm

well it could possible be an LQ some dont have the darkened segment. I'm afraid I need to see a pic in order to ID it for you.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/11/2008, 8:51 pm

Yeah, I was about to say that, some don't have the darkened segment.

Whatbaout this?
Scorp ID with no pic 10208

Or
Smeringurus mesaensis
Or
Buthus leptochelys
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/11/2008, 8:56 pm

It isn't that. The telson was fairly small compared to the rest of its body.
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/11/2008, 8:57 pm

it also had smaller pedipalps
Back to top Go down
AbyssX3
Administrator

Number of posts : 273

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/11/2008, 8:59 pm

What about A. amoreuxi?
Back to top Go down
AbyssX3
Administrator

Number of posts : 273

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/11/2008, 9:06 pm

try this:

http://www.ub.ntnu.no/scorpion-files/h_sp2.jpg
Back to top Go down
wburke17
Babycurus
wburke17

Number of posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/11/2008, 10:49 pm

freshly molted L.q
Scorp ID with no pic Lq-6
Scorp ID with no pic Lq-3
A.austr
Scorp ID with no pic A-8
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/12/2008, 12:37 am

I am going to go and look at this guy again. If I remember right his back was the same color as the rest of his body. His telson was also really small compared to the rest of his body. I'm pretty sure it isn't a Amoreuxi. and I know it isn't a A.A. I appreciate the help guys.

-Dustin

P.S. I am going to see about getting a picture. But I'm not really in good terms with them.
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/12/2008, 7:43 pm

Well it turns out they were Amoreuxi. Apparently I didn't get a good look at them. The funny thing is that I got in an argument with the guy. He insisted that they were L.Q.s When I got there he looked through the 10 gallon of delicups and was like "Where did they go" He said someone must have bought them. But they were even for sale yet so I don't know how that is possible. So we didn't really get to work anything out. I gave him some info on mycosis and he said he will look for it and treat it and some of the scorpions were relocated to larger delicups. Only one was in something too small. I'm not really sure what else to do. I couldn't really argue anything because there were a bunch of customers waiting and he would have probably just gotten irritated and refused. Maybe if I get on his good side I can start getting the hook up. Any suggestions.

P.S. Sorry for the book.

-Dustin
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/12/2008, 8:40 pm

well as long as you got everything sorted out.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/12/2008, 8:55 pm

That really sucks that they screwed you over like that, man. No

Amoreuxi are kind of cool (I've got one), but after all the crap you went through trying to get this fixed I'm not sure if I'd want to contribute to that store's business.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/12/2008, 8:58 pm

There are very few stores that actually keep inverts properly even after suggesting to them. They are runned by the mighty dollar so they really dont care.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/12/2008, 9:00 pm

That's why I love shows so much (and spend so much money there) -- you're supporting the breeders who actually KNOW what they're doing, and the majority are in it for a love of the hobby.

Edit: I should mention that the local petstore, while they don't keep everything properly, has taken some of my advice about the scorpions and even asked me for care instructions for M. martensii.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/12/2008, 9:08 pm

I've gotten a few local mom-and-pop shops to clean up their act to. But try telling Petco that.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/12/2008, 10:14 pm

lol!

Wait, that's not funny.

Sad

For what it's worth, at least none of the petcos I've been to have their emps on sand.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty3/12/2008, 10:39 pm

yeah they can't put them on sand. They have caresheets that say otherwise. But they do pu them in wood chips.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorp ID with no pic   Scorp ID with no pic Empty

Back to top Go down

Scorp ID with no pic
Page 1 of 1