The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

How did you get into Scorpions?

Go down 
+9
Kejser
Andrew273
g-thing
Venom
Rasputin
*Connie*
freeman
Mr. Mordax
Athlon2k2
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2008-02-06

How did you get into Scorpions? Empty
PostSubject: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty3/26/2008, 12:33 pm

This might be a rethread but I would like to hear how you guys got into scorpions.

I never even thought of them until my buddy got one when we were at a pet store. I held it a few times but kept my distance. After I got out of the military a little over a year ago I started contemplating what animals I would get. Then I remembered the Emp my buddy had. So when I was at a local reptile show I found one and that started the obsession. I also came home with a Nile Monitor and a Jungle Carpet python Very Happy .

-Dustin
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty3/26/2008, 12:40 pm

I'm still not sure how it started with me -- I've always been a bug person, and for some reason scorpions just kept sounding cooler and cooler, even though they freaked me out a little bit. Then I finally bought a pair of emps. That was less than two years ago.

Maybe I chose scorps to contrast my fiancee's thing for tarantulas. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
freeman
Centruroides
freeman

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty3/26/2008, 12:43 pm

i started with tarantulas some time ago. few months later i somehow get tempted by the scorpions and get my first emp. i was suprised how little did i know about them back then. now im concentrated on Hottentotta spp. but i keep also many other species and im still learning.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty3/26/2008, 1:06 pm

I always like scorpions, from as long as I can remember. My Mother when away on holiday when I got older would bring back scorpion gifts, like a purse with a scorpion on it. I dont know why I like them...ok I do. they are just wonderful fasinating creatures.
Their body shape, that quick tail with the sting...just super cool!
A few years ago I wanted my own scorpion but she said not under her roof, so I got a tattoo instead *hehe*

But when I moved out last year, I bought two and now have babies as well!

xxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Rasputin
Parabuthus

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty3/26/2008, 4:02 pm

taking trips to OKC as a child and encountering them everywhere. it started like this: dinosaurs --> reptiles/amphibians --> invertebrates.
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty3/26/2008, 5:06 pm

That's funny because that is exactly how it worked out for me

I was obsessed with dinosaurs then when I turned 11 I got my first snake. By 12 I had 9 of them. After the military I started the invert thing.
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty3/26/2008, 5:45 pm

my mom wasn't hip to me having any animals that have been portrayed as "evil" so I stuck with turtles from 9-16 and moved up from there when I went on my own. we were in OKC for 5mo once and I had a pretty decent collection of misc snakes and scorpions that she didn't know about but (being on 6ac of partially wooded land makes that easy).
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty3/26/2008, 8:47 pm

Reason 1)Durango.

Reason 2)I always found "bugs" to have awesome abilities unlike other sections of the animal kingdom.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty3/26/2008, 11:24 pm

My parents never let me have anything cool growing up -- the bug collection started when I moved out to go to college.
Back to top Go down
g-thing
Hadogenes
g-thing

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: into scorp   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty3/27/2008, 7:54 am

how it started
i went into the pet shop for something for my cat "mind you shes 12 years old now" the cat is
well a fine little brunette works in this pet store also
she came up to me when i was checking out the scorps and said they are cool and down hill from there
Back to top Go down
http://venomlist.com
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty3/27/2008, 10:33 am

so a cute girl got you into scorps...what ever happened to her?
Back to top Go down
Andrew273
Tityus
Andrew273

Number of posts : 503

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty3/27/2008, 11:18 am

Well I had always wanted a tarantula for like years. One day when I was 17 I decided to get one. Not really decided, my boyfriend convinced me they were so cool and I should just do it. So I went out and bought a rosehair. He got himself an emperor scorpion and told me how cool it was. After much prodding I finally got my Tanzanian redclaw and the obsession grew from there. Later he told me he only bought his stuff to impress me lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/andrew273
g-thing
Hadogenes
g-thing

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty3/27/2008, 8:42 pm

well i came back to the pet store to talk to her some more then i figured out she had at least to boyfriends
Back to top Go down
http://venomlist.com
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty3/27/2008, 8:48 pm

g-thing wrote:
well i came back to the pet store to talk to her some more then i figured out she had at least to boyfriends

that's a damn shame - I would've stolen her anyways
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty3/28/2008, 12:41 am

i was at a Expo and fell inlove with a Heterometrus sp. i had readt alot about scorpions before so i figgured i wanted one. But when she looked at me at the expo i knew i wanted her.. hehe then 1 became 10.. and 10 became around 70 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fauxshow
Hadogenes
fauxshow

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty4/7/2008, 6:36 pm

My wife is from El Paso. Prior to knowing her, scorpions would show up to her house all the time. But OH...the day I show up, they're no where to be found. I spent years looking for those little bastages.

Late last year, my wife and I are in Death Valley. 2 nights of blacklighting all-for-naught. Dejected, we packed up and while exiting the park stopped at a general store where we lo and behold we find an early instar H. arizoneses (I think) milling around the t-shirt section. EUREKA! I got permission from the clerk, captured it in a KK, and headed home a happy camper.

The next morning I find it dead (it was missing its last metasomal segment). S...O.....B....

That very day, I went online and started looking up information on scorpions. I found sites like this and the rest was history. This was barely 6-7 months ago.

-Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.watchtower.org

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty4/7/2008, 9:24 pm

My first emperor was thrust upon me several years back. A friend who was still under 16 brought home an emperor and his mom and dad freaked he asked me to take it so that his dad didn't kill it. I went over to get it and it was outside overnight in 40° temps in an open air cage on crushed walnut shells with out a water dish (it would have died in his 'care' if I didn't take it) It live nearly 2 years and I've had over 100 adults and babies (Hets and Pandinus [now H paus.]) since then.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty4/9/2008, 11:27 am

i think i got into keeping scorpions cause i used to keep snakes,i had a cali king and a rough greensnake,and when i went up to the pet store to buy mice and crix . i looked into a cage and saw a emp scorpion movin about and i was fascinated. Very Happy so a year later i got one.pinchy.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty4/9/2008, 10:29 pm

What is it with people naming their first emps Pinchy and Stingy? scratch

Mine were Palpatine and Cleopatra.
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty4/9/2008, 10:32 pm

Mine was Debo and then Muerta.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty4/9/2008, 10:34 pm

mines were shade, shadow (her dad), and pierce.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty4/11/2008, 11:47 pm

i only got into scorpions last week and already have 3 [though i do have a lot mor pets like snakes and lizards ect.]
i got into scorps after researching for a protest against illegally gambling on fighting animals. i saw one fight which (although highly disturbing and cruel) was quite fasinating and showed ho fiercely a scorpion would protect itself, which made me think about having one....i diddnt get one Sad.

I GOT THREE!!!!!!!!! lol:D:D
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty4/11/2008, 11:50 pm

any pictures?
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty4/11/2008, 11:52 pm

no...i could get some tomrrow though...
when do they stop growing? because scorpio [the male] is 6.5 ish inches and only recently reached maturity
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty4/12/2008, 12:31 am

so you've been doing your homework...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you get into Scorpions?   How did you get into Scorpions? Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you get into Scorpions?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next