The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

I thought that my BP was going to shed ...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

Number of posts : 2282
Registration date : 2008-04-29

I thought that my BP was going to shed ... Empty
PostSubject: I thought that my BP was going to shed ...   I thought that my BP was going to shed ... Empty5/10/2009, 4:33 am

His eyes were getting cloudy so I thought that he was going to shed. A few days later and his eyes are back to normal and I haven't found any shed skin in his tank.

What happened? scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/brandonjaeger
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: I thought that my BP was going to shed ...   I thought that my BP was going to shed ... Empty5/10/2009, 5:26 am

is that a Ball Python? if so... we had this with ours, she shed like 2 - 3 weeks after the clouding of the eyes.

again, if it's a ball... sling it in the bath for a soak. also apply a small amount of baby oil on a damp cloth can help soften the skin. mine used to shed pretty quick after this.

If you mean burmese python and it's big this may be a problem hahahaha! i.e. keeping it in the bath! but you may be able to moisturise the skin with baby oil. I managed to do this with my 11ft boa when she didn't shed 2 days after clouding had passed

Ball pythons are one of the few snakes I really like, but seriously do my head in with shedding / eating!!!
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

PostSubject: Re: I thought that my BP was going to shed ...   I thought that my BP was going to shed ... Empty5/10/2009, 5:43 am

Yup, it's a Ball python; not a Burmese lol. Not yet Razz

I just think that it's weird that his eyes went from cloudy to normal without him shedding ...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: I thought that my BP was going to shed ...   I thought that my BP was going to shed ... Empty5/10/2009, 7:01 am

I seem to recall hearing that a lot of snakes clear up just prior to the shed.
Back to top Go down
bugginout
Centruroides
bugginout

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Re: I thought that my BP was going to shed ...   I thought that my BP was going to shed ... Empty5/10/2009, 1:06 pm

Yup, very normal.
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

PostSubject: Re: I thought that my BP was going to shed ...   I thought that my BP was going to shed ... Empty5/10/2009, 2:26 pm

I'm somewhat new to snakes since I haven't had any since I was little, so I don't know too much about them. Thanks for clearing that up, guys! I thought maybe I was doing something wrong.
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

PostSubject: Re: I thought that my BP was going to shed ...   I thought that my BP was going to shed ... Empty5/10/2009, 8:55 pm

He's shedding right now! This is pretty cool. I've never seen a snake in the process of shedding Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: I thought that my BP was going to shed ...   I thought that my BP was going to shed ... Empty5/11/2009, 3:43 am

Lol at post I was thinking Burmese myself!

Yup, as you've seen, nothing to worry about, all snakes as far as i know will have a clouding of eyes and a dulling of skin before a shed. then the eyes will clear up and they may (sorry will) shed a week to two later

Enjoy him, i used to have a pair.

Also dont be overly concerned if they dont feed for ages at time. People used to believe that they could be problem feeders, but it was later found out that this is a natural behavior that they do in the wild.

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

PostSubject: Re: I thought that my BP was going to shed ...   I thought that my BP was going to shed ... Empty5/11/2009, 6:59 am

Thank you for the information, Kuma. I'll keep that in mind if he starts fasting out of nowhere Smile
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: I thought that my BP was going to shed ...   I thought that my BP was going to shed ... Empty5/11/2009, 4:02 pm

oh good glad it shed ok.

we have a texan ratsnake and a des mex kingsnake and they shed literally 48hours after their eyes clear up... boa's and pythons appear to take their time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

PostSubject: Re: I thought that my BP was going to shed ...   I thought that my BP was going to shed ... Empty5/11/2009, 4:43 pm

Thanks, Lisa Smile

He did shed roughly 48 hours after his eyes cleared up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I thought that my BP was going to shed ...   I thought that my BP was going to shed ... Empty

Back to top Go down

I thought that my BP was going to shed ...
Page 1 of 1