The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Nearly finished. The shed project.

Go down 
+4
DolbyR
toidy
shadowfoot
Callum B
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Nearly finished. The shed project. Empty
PostSubject: Nearly finished. The shed project.   Nearly finished. The shed project. Empty9/13/2012, 2:54 pm

It’s taken about 100 times longer than I thought it would, but finally all my scorpions are in.
For months I’ve been waiting for electricians to turn up, and finally Lee ‘the saviour’ did around 3 weeks ago. Happy days.
I’ve still got plenty to do, tidy up the wiring, fit an extractor fan, insulate the windows better before winter, and there’s loads to do with the empty custom aquaria tanks (I’m feeling some sculpting of the left over insulation coming on Smile ) plus loooooads of other stuff………. but anyway, it’s finally useable awesome .

A few piccies...........

Nearly finished. The shed project. DSCN1653

Nearly finished. The shed project. DSCN1654

Some little cabinets I knicked from my dads kitchen when it was being ripped out. Perfect size for sling pots. At the moment there's loads of 2i Iomachus politus, 6 colonies of Chaerilus celebensis, and some 2i Vaejovis carolinianus in there.

Nearly finished. The shed project. DSCN1657

And the next stage of the project, applying for my DWA licence. Hopefully the ever so knowledgeable council (ha) staff will consider escape proof enclosures, in locked vivs, in a locked shed safe enough to house some Buthidae. Once I've finished the last bits on the shed in general and I've saved enough cash the application process will begin. Hopefully this year. Fingers crossed.

Nearly finished. The shed project. DSCN1659

bounce
Back to top Go down
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished. The shed project.   Nearly finished. The shed project. Empty9/13/2012, 3:52 pm

That looks great man! Very neat and tidy! Cant imagine the feeding schedule you have.
Good luck with the DWA license, hopefully everything will be in order and you will soon find out why Buthidae are such a pleasure to keep Smile
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished. The shed project.   Nearly finished. The shed project. Empty9/13/2012, 6:15 pm

Cheers man. The feeding's not to bad. It probably totals around 3 to 4 hours per week. Hardly anything really, and a lot less work than the dog!

Back to top Go down
toidy
Centruroides
toidy

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2012-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished. The shed project.   Nearly finished. The shed project. Empty9/13/2012, 9:01 pm

very nice invert room! i envy you! Drool
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished. The shed project.   Nearly finished. The shed project. Empty9/14/2012, 2:39 am

Very nice work you've done there!

Do you have separate heating for each cabinet/enclosure or is the whole shed heated?
Also, what's the size of the shed (to get an idea)? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished. The shed project.   Nearly finished. The shed project. Empty9/14/2012, 3:01 am

At the moment I've decided to heat individual enclosures/shelves rather than the whole shed. I wanted more control over individual enclosure conditions than just a standard temp for the shed, plus my Euscorpius wouldn't like a hot room all year. I'll be fitting a load of stats next week. It's been trial and error with the heating so far. The other day, with outside temps of around 23c the ambient temp in the shed hit 32c!!! Not good, inside some of the enclosures must have been hotter. My own fault for not getting enough stats straight away. The insulation seems to work better than I thought it would anyway.

I can't remember exact dimensions but I think once the insulation was in I had about 2.6m x 1.5m of space to play with.
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished. The shed project.   Nearly finished. The shed project. Empty9/14/2012, 3:05 am

Callum B wrote:
I can't remember exact dimensions but I think once the insulation was in I had about 2.6m x 1.5m of space to play with.

Pretty much the same I have for my starting project
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
Jay
SCORPIONMOD
Jay

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished. The shed project.   Nearly finished. The shed project. Empty10/9/2012, 2:12 pm

Well, that's coming along very nicely!

Its good to see your hard work paying off. Must feel nice to have your collection in there now, I could get lost in there for ages! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://inkandvenom.multiply.com/
Yames
Tityus
Yames

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished. The shed project.   Nearly finished. The shed project. Empty10/11/2012, 2:06 pm

That room is delightful. I'm jealous.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com/
daniel..
Hadogenes
daniel..

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished. The shed project.   Nearly finished. The shed project. Empty10/11/2012, 2:07 pm

I would love a room like that.. BUT... I would fill it with Leopard Geckos instead.. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished. The shed project.   Nearly finished. The shed project. Empty10/12/2012, 3:20 am

Jay wrote:
Well, that's coming along very nicely!

Its good to see your hard work paying off. Must feel nice to have your collection in there now, I could get lost in there for ages! Very Happy
+1

It's neat and i love the layout. Sweet! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nearly finished. The shed project.   Nearly finished. The shed project. Empty

Back to top Go down

Nearly finished. The shed project.
Page 1 of 1