The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty
PostSubject: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/1/2009, 11:30 am

I haven't got any photos yet but my Urophonius granulatus has tubicles on either side of its back tergites (the soft fleshy section in between). It seems pretty active and eats ok, what could be the problem? It looks like water bumps
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/1/2009, 1:13 pm

scratch
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/1/2009, 1:15 pm

I'll try and get a pic tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Deathstalker
Centruroides
Deathstalker

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/1/2009, 1:29 pm

scratch sounds strange, pics would help.
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/1/2009, 2:57 pm

I have just taken out my preserved male and female to examine them and i can find no trace of these structures on mine, nor on any of the macro pictures I took of them while they were alive.

Picture is going to help but you will need a good macro facility on your camera to get a good picture of these dinky little fella's!

bare in mind that these are wild caught so on discovering this make sure you keep them well away from other scorpions until we can hazard a guess as to what they are.
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/2/2009, 3:31 pm

Ok here are the pics....

Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Lumps110
Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Lumps210
Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Lumps310

What do you think??
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/2/2009, 3:35 pm

ok, that is weird.

I would guess some kind of internal obstruction/parasite.
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/2/2009, 3:55 pm

I have seen similar and recently on my scorpio maurus and it was basically bruising from hitting the ground after trying to make a run for it! it took a few months to go down but got there in the end. It came up like a blister you would get on yourself. there was no loss of appetite and they were doing normal scorpion stuff.

I presume they came like that? if they did i am a little disappointed in the person for letting them go to a customer in that state.

If they carry on being normal i would say this is some kind of bruising. however until you notice it going down i would keep them well away from other scorpions. if it goes down it has basically bashed itself at some point.
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/2/2009, 3:59 pm

Ok Thanks Lisa, you guessed right then if you still confident that thats what it is. I didn't get it that way so haven't got any complaints with the dealer.

big blisters arent they
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/2/2009, 4:01 pm

aah right i will let the dealer off the hook then lmao.

have you had any accidents with them or do you think they have damaged themselves in their enclosures?

edit: also seen this on our cyreopagapus sh...lo...dfjerj - cant remember tha last bit lmao that made a bid for freedom as well and got a bruise blister. but it shed successfully twice before the blister finally went down. nothing to worry about

just make sure there isn't anything high for it to fall off, they are a small delicate scorpion. nice flat piece of cork bark for a hide is all it needs.
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/2/2009, 4:18 pm

Yeah wouldn't knock 'em got it from thespidershop. Haven't dropped it and the box its in only has substrate and one small piece of cork bark for it to hide under so i dont know what went wrong.

Unless a cricket has been nibbling at it??
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/2/2009, 4:26 pm

it's a possibility i suppose. never had that problem with mine but you never know.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/2/2009, 4:45 pm

mabye they are the scorpion equivilent of a hernia lol.
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/2/2009, 5:07 pm

possibly lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Deathstalker
Centruroides
Deathstalker

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/2/2009, 6:18 pm

Laughing! hope it goes doen for you, i got mine from the spidershop too, awsome guys!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/3/2009, 12:36 am

It looks a bit like a possible impaction . . . :-/

No one's quite sure what causes those and no one's quite sure how to get rid of them.

I hope Lisa's blister diagnosis is correct.
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/3/2009, 5:20 am

What's an impaction Mike?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/3/2009, 1:49 pm

Something stuck in the digestive system, and the resulting swelling from things being backed up.

I've seen a lot of cases where people said "looks like an impaction," but no one's really sure what causes them or how to clear them. I don't recall what the mortality rate is for disorders like this, either, so it seems to be a bit of a mystery to most scorp enthusiasts.

Sorry I can't be more helpful than that.
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/3/2009, 1:53 pm

cricko-lax?
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/3/2009, 5:06 pm

cricko-lax lmao!
Back to top Go down
Deathstalker
Centruroides
Deathstalker

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/3/2009, 5:16 pm

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/16/2009, 4:44 am

R.I.P

Sadly it died in its hide, a week after i misted one side of its enclosure
Back to top Go down
Deathstalker
Centruroides
Deathstalker

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty4/16/2009, 6:27 am

sorry to that bud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus   Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats wrong with my Urophonius granulatus
Page 1 of 1