The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Stumped for choice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Prowlerone
Pandinus

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Stumped for choice Empty
PostSubject: Stumped for choice   Stumped for choice Empty1/27/2009, 2:37 pm

okies originally joined with looking to info mainly on asian forest scorps and looking to sorting a community tank out but on further browsing have come across one other type that may fit the bill for what i want Centruroides Vittatus..

okay now my reasoning for the coming question i have always loved the look of AFS and the size of them since i saw them in the pet shop a friend had. my dillema now is the husbandry of the striped bark seems more to my current keeping abilities and the fact they are possibley No:1 communal species is leaning me theire way. i have an old 24x12x12 aquarium i will be using have all the heeating and non UV lighing available so would like opinions of which and the availability of the Centruroides Vittatus within uk and prices.

cheers in advance
Jay
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Stumped for choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stumped for choice   Stumped for choice Empty1/27/2009, 3:00 pm

these shouldn't be avialible in the UK. they are from the family buthidae, ALL scorpions from this family are illegal in britain with out a DWA liscence. It probably wasn't a bark scorpion you saw in the pet store.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Stumped for choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stumped for choice   Stumped for choice Empty1/27/2009, 3:00 pm

Go for what you want BUT the "centruroides vittatus" isnt easily seen in shops...since not allowed!
just go for the heterometrus scorpions that you have seen in a shop already
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Prowlerone
Pandinus

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Stumped for choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stumped for choice   Stumped for choice Empty1/27/2009, 3:12 pm

ahh right well that has cleared that one up for me didnt realise they were buthid :S if i had i dont think i would have asked lol shame they are the only dry (so to speak) species mentioned for beginners that are communal Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stumped for choice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stumped for choice   Stumped for choice Empty

Back to top Go down

Stumped for choice
Page 1 of 1