The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nacademus
Pandinus
Nacademus

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow. Empty
PostSubject: Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow.   Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow. Empty12/22/2008, 4:31 pm

I have a P. Imperator that has just recently burrowed into the substrate i provided-deep and out of sight. I am just wondering if there is a tip or a trick even to draw him out of the burrow so that i may service his habitat, provide new substrate, rearrange things, etc. i would hate to dig him out, i think its kind of mean and could cause a bit too much undue stress-also, imagine if YOU were hanging out in your underground lair, all chill and what not, then all of the sudden the freakin hand of God ruins your spot, rips it open and plucks you out (Laughup). I would be pretty ticked off. Aside from digging him out, the only other alternative i have would be to wait him out... days... months even. If any of you have any methods or tips to provide for me, please do. If this issue has already been addressed in the forum, i apologize, the search didn't really help. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow.   Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow. Empty12/22/2008, 4:38 pm

try and tempt him out with a stick or something, he might chase it up thinking it's food.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow.   Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow. Empty12/22/2008, 6:25 pm

Why whould you provide a new soil for it? i never change mine.. i have many many scorpions living on the same soil for a long time now..
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow.   Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow. Empty12/22/2008, 7:09 pm

If I need to get them out, I usually just dig 'em out. Some have burrows with multiple entrances, and I can flood one end to flush them out the other . . .
Back to top Go down
Nacademus
Pandinus
Nacademus

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow.   Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow. Empty12/22/2008, 9:14 pm

I dont plan on changing the substrate, it was merely a 'what if'. I didnt know about the false bottom set up before i created this habitat for him. Its been about 2 days in this new substrate and the humidity is near constant 80-90 percent. I just wondered what my options were if i wanted to remove him to install the false bottom. Also, I would like him to have burrowed up against the glass so i could keep an eye on him... i didnt know you could try and coax them into it by making starter burrows. Ill just leave him be for now-he burrowed straight to the glass wall and just kind of stopped there. There is a wee little hole i can barely see him in through the side of my tank so this satisfies me for now. Thanks everyone.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow.   Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow. Empty12/23/2008, 7:20 am

You chould just dig him up from his hole and make a hole of your own near the glass.. and leave him.. then he might choose to use it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow.   Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow. Empty12/23/2008, 8:09 pm

^That works with Lori's burrowing Ts.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow.   Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow. Empty12/24/2008, 9:41 am

ive had to dig out many times before. they get over it
xxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow.   Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow. Empty

Back to top Go down

Help at retrieving P. imperator from burrow.
Page 1 of 1