The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Carboctonus keyserlingi question

Go down 
+5
_scorpio_
Mr. Mordax
scorpion111
LadyRiotControl
Kuma
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2008-09-29

caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/5/2008, 10:31 am

Fantastic Day!! They have come, They are so cute and small!!! Monumental day on all counts!!
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/5/2008, 12:57 pm

PICTURES!!!!
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/5/2008, 1:53 pm

yay! C.K's seem to be very popular at the moment Smile
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/5/2008, 2:35 pm

Yeah... i've been looking at them myself.

cool little scorps. Smile
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/5/2008, 8:02 pm

I'd get them they are soooo easy to keep. mine come out pretty regularly too
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/5/2008, 8:54 pm

Special Delivery
caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Ck811

caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Ck910

caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Ck610

caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Ck710

Only thing is i dont know what sex they are?? Also on a 1-5 scale how venomous are they?

In thier new home
caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Ck110caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Ck310
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/5/2008, 10:58 pm

If it's not a buthid, it's not dangerous. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/5/2008, 11:01 pm

Would you say they are definately Carboctonus or Bothriurus keyserlingi??
Back to top Go down
Andrew273
Tityus
Andrew273

Number of posts : 503

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/6/2008, 1:39 am

They look like my C keyserlingi but with lighter claws. I'm fairly certain they can't hurt you at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/andrew273
corpselight
Babycurus

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/6/2008, 8:06 am

look like Caraboctonus to me. my B keyserlingi is chocolate brown, maybe half the size if that. the build is different, the claws are smaller, and the tail is flipping massive.
there is a red tinge to the tips of the claws but not as reddish brown as keyserlingi
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/6/2008, 11:48 am

mine have never shown agression (ha not that I really see them)
Even when I had them home and taking pictures. fingers in too, to move some items and they would rather run then fight. Very doscile scorpions
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/6/2008, 12:17 pm

Sweet! awesome-looking little scorps. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/6/2008, 12:34 pm

Mine Just seem to watch me, One has disappeared totally... absolutely no sign of him???? Hope they havent scoffed him, I left them food....
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/6/2008, 12:35 pm

I doubt he has been scoffed... probably just burrowed under a rock or hide.
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/6/2008, 12:41 pm

Size comparison next to a penny, was told they are fully grown
caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 111caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 211
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/6/2008, 6:15 pm

yup they look like CK's to me.

As far as I know they have pretty mild venom, not been stung by mine but they have flicked their telson against my finger before now in a show of aggression, usually a sign that their venom is pants!

They can live together ok, they dont appear to share communal burrows from what I have seen so far. They appear to like their own little hidy hole to them selves.

They aren't the most sexually dimorphic of species but the males are slightly smaller in build and length to the naked eye. Luckily my male is easy to spot... he has half of left? IV leg missing lol!

When they are adults you will find that the males spend more time above ground. Natural behaviour of waiting for a female to come out.
The male soon finds out that he's not in luck when the emerging female lunges at him... at which point he will run around the enclosure at 100mph for a couple of seconds lol!
But no fights have broken out with mine after these confrontations. Male gets the hint and nuff said hahahaha!

Excellent, glad they arrived safe and sound and congrats on the bew additions
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/10/2008, 9:52 pm

Ok I dug up my tank about two inches deep and still no trace of the missing one. Gave up and set it all up again, then the obvious idea came to me of digging it up in the dark with black light and there it is curled up over two inches deep in the substate. So i'm relieved!

Ok is all set up back to normal now two have burrowed under the same piece of slate buut separate burrows, similar to the holes you can see in the above size comparison pictures, buut the other has dissapeared again down a deep burrow and conceiled all evidence of a burrow entrance.

Is this normal behaviour, and can they dig themselves out?
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/11/2008, 4:20 am

I had a female in a burrow with no entrace and I did worry. I dug them all up and had to change the substrate anyway to a coco fibre and sand mix and there she was at the other side of the tank in another burrow...so they are fine. these animals dig and shut their burrows. Dont worry
xxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/11/2008, 10:04 am

Mr. Mordax wrote:

Mike not all buthid is dangerous Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/11/2008, 11:27 am

Kejser wrote:
Mr. Mordax wrote:

Mike not all buthid is dangerous Razz

I know that -- but all non-buthids are non-dangerous. Maybe I should make a Venn Diagram. Razz

caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Scorpion%20venn

^That's what I was getting at.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/11/2008, 11:36 am

May i remind you that both Nebo and Hemiscorpius have dangerous venom and both aint buthid Razz
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/11/2008, 11:41 am

They're not medically significant -- they just have powerful venom for being non-buthids. I've read about Nebo sp. sting reports, and they're noteworthy for the hemotoxic effects, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty11/11/2008, 11:43 am

Hemotoxic is kinda dangerous i whould rather be stung by a Androctonus sp then a Nebo or a Hemiscorpius Razz heheh i consider them dangerous Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carboctonus keyserlingi question   caraboctonus keyserlingi - Carboctonus keyserlingi question - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Carboctonus keyserlingi question
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2