The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D

Go down 
+4
_scorpio_
scorpion111
Mr. Mordax
Danny88
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Danny88
Pandinus
Danny88

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-10-05

I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D Empty
PostSubject: I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D   I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D Empty10/7/2008, 8:31 am

Hello Everyone Very Happy i just braught my new emp scorp today its an adult male they didnt have any females so i just got the one i will get a female one when they are in stock Smile

his wooden viv is realy deep with nice soft moist wood chips and i burried a nice big rock cave under the substrate and makeing sure only the cave entrace is visable and i have a nice long tunnel burried under the substrate too so realy all u see is 2 holse and nothing bt flat floor Smile hes got a nice size water dish with a lader built into it and pebbles on the floor Very Happy

when i got hime home the first thing he did was run right into the cave and so far hes not came out and not seen him since... is this okey? and will i ever see him again some time soon? and when do i feed him? what should i do now?

i would take pics of him but umm... i wouldnt realy want to put my fingers into his cave to lift it up you know Very Happy i will take some when hes more out and about Smile
Back to top Go down
Danny88
Pandinus
Danny88

PostSubject: Re: I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D   I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D Empty10/7/2008, 9:16 am

https://i.servimg.com/u/f49/13/09/82/54/img_0010.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f49/13/09/82/54/img_0110.jpg

those pics are what my scorp tank looks like its got 2 deep caves/holes for it to hide and burrow in and a nice heat lamp i had to turn off cus the brightness made the pic bad

https://i.servimg.com/u/f49/13/09/82/54/img_0111.jpg

oh and my cham just wanted to show himself off lol hes been realy nosey at the new scorp lol keeps looking into the tank Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D   I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D Empty10/7/2008, 9:22 am

Suggestion: replace the wood chips with either coconut fiber or peat. The chips don't hold humidity well and are impossible to burrow in.

As far as feeding him, give him a week or so to get settled first. Most scorps will refuse food immediately after moving into a new home.

Him hiding all the time is perfectly normal.

Edit: Are you SURE he's a male? I never trust what the shops tell me unless I see it for myself or it's a well-known breeder I'm dealing with. Post a pic of the pectines if you'd like us to tell you for sure. Smile
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D   I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D Empty10/7/2008, 11:40 am

What mike said.
Back to top Go down
Danny88
Pandinus
Danny88

PostSubject: Re: I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D   I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D Empty10/7/2008, 2:12 pm

how do i get him out i dnt want to stick my hands in there lol
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D   I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D Empty10/7/2008, 2:42 pm

Gently poke a stick or a drinking straw or something in there and it will encourage him to come out.

Alternatively, you can just lift the hide up and out with him in it.
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D   I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D Empty10/7/2008, 2:59 pm

he should only pinch you if he is angry
Back to top Go down
Danny88
Pandinus
Danny88

PostSubject: Re: I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D   I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D Empty10/7/2008, 5:00 pm

hes just got out of his cave and is now exploreing just riped up a hopper lol soon as i opend the glass door he ran into hes cave Sad bt he comes out when its all closed only runs in cave when i open doors so im gona leave him til hes calm bt im pritty sure that hes a male cus its not realy a simple pet shop its more of a professional plcae that wont sell u it unless u got proof of a perfect setup with is kinda gay bt at the same time goo i guess... ill wait till its explored the tank and calmed down alot befor i do anything and i will let you guys know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D   I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D Empty10/7/2008, 5:26 pm

still its worth getting pics and posting so we can confirm the sex its better to be 100% safe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D   I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D Empty10/7/2008, 5:33 pm

But they sold it to you without a perfect setup . . . so I'd take what they say with a grain of salt.

Change out the substrate as soon as you get a chance. Smile
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D   I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D Empty10/7/2008, 5:58 pm

They endure bad conditions for a while but it couldnt end up killing him in the end. You should look up at the caresheet section and get a good idea of how to care for it. Nice specimen though!
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D   I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D Empty10/9/2008, 3:12 am

I made the same mistake with my first pandinus imperator. The bark chips for a substrate.
I did actually have a correct male and female though from the shop! But I didnt believe them, I found out for myself.
My female ended up giving birth and the male died.
But when I was about to change to the correct susbtrate and I left it a long time!!!! she gave birth on the bark chips!!!!

So I had to wait even longer to change it. The plantation soil/coco fibre is sold in...well it should be sold in reptile shops or there is always the spider shop!!! You get a bulk load and its cheaper then if you were buying that many in a shop!

Its a better susbtrate for them...just makes them more comfortable and they are able to burrow if they want to. MOST will, I think I have a lazy female (the mum of my babies) as she hasnt even bothered!!!

get some pics up so we can all have a look and sex the two for you.
Even if you pop them into a glass dish (put on lid) and hold it up...or better get someone else to hold it up for you while you take some pictures

xxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Danny88
Pandinus
Danny88

PostSubject: Re: I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D   I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D Empty10/9/2008, 9:27 pm

i got some pics of it now lol was hard and scary though soon as my phone is charged up ill upload them ASAP sorry for the wait...
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D   I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D Empty10/10/2008, 9:27 am

will be good to see and let you know what you have.

xxx
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D   I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D Empty10/10/2008, 5:02 pm

funnily enough connie when we first got emps many moons ago we were told to keep them on wood chip or bark chippings. needless to say they all died. second time around we got it right Smile
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D   I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D Empty10/10/2008, 5:24 pm

Mine didnt die because of the chips thankfully. my male died because she "offed" him 4 months before birthing.
The shop house their tropical scorpions on bark chips yet sell the coco fibre. boggles the mind!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D   I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D Empty

Back to top Go down

I Got My New Emp Scorp Today =D
Page 1 of 1