The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!

Go down 
+6
scorpion111
Mr. Mordax
Kejser
LadyRiotControl
corpselight
*Connie*
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty
PostSubject: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty8/12/2008, 3:03 am

So last week I bought two heterometrus scorpions. One seems to be VERY gravid. So this weekend when buying my new "Caraboctonus keyserlingi " I was going to buy the heterometrus a new big tank so I would have the one they are in free to put the other scorpion in while waiting for the other to give birth.
I was also going to this saturday take picture of the heterometrus to get a proper Id.
I wont be getting that done now!!!

Last night I noticed that the big hide had moved! been pushed away from the heat mat and the other scorpion pushed out the hide!
Said to Adam "I cant wait to get paid and buy a tank and seperate them"

Well...she is currently birthing with the other scorpion in the hide!

Why couldnt she wait for me to rehome? Now I cant do a thing without risking stress and her munching on the babies...but in opening and lifting the hide to remove the other...into a cricket container *all we have* would also cause stress!
So Saturday, im buying my new scorpions and a new tank and will just wait until the scorplings are off mums back before rehoming mum and other scorpion into big new tank and babies into their own tank!!!

I have covered it with a towel. I dont want to know what will happen until then! if mum eats them or if the other one eats them!
I dont want to know!

Stingy my pandinus imperator did this to me! On the saturday had planned to put coco fibre in the tank so she could burrow...did she wait...no!

And they have both begun birthing on a Tuesday! I wonder when im pregnant if I will give birth on a Tuesday?!?

Anyhoo!

Sorry guys, I cant ask for you to ID for me on Saturday *rolls eyes*

Love Connie *second time mum, but not as nervous this time!*

xxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
corpselight
Babycurus

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty8/12/2008, 3:42 am

lol! how inconsiderate!!!
i guess you'll have to keep a pretty close eye, and get the other scorp out as soon as it ventures out.
they must do this in the wild, though...and they manage to survive, so maybe the other scorpion won't start picking them off her back...
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty8/12/2008, 8:54 am

Lol dont ya just hate it when shizz like that happens!

My WD just dropped her eggs and i have no moss until tomorrow! why cant they wait huh???

Any congrats on the new arrivals and hope everything goes ok with no losses.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty8/12/2008, 9:14 am

Connie its possible to move them after they have stopped giving birth, i move all my scorps from they homes into insolation when they have birthed.. i havent had a single munching accident yet..
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty8/12/2008, 9:41 am

Good luck and congrats, Connie! Very Happy

As LRC said, your best bet is probably to snag the other het when it wanders out of the hide. That's probably the one most likely to get munched.
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty8/12/2008, 10:15 am

well at least you will have babies! Very Happy

but yeah i think the best bet would be to snag the other scorp whilst its out in the open.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty8/12/2008, 12:18 pm

I just had a peek and its still under the hide *rolls eyes*
Dont know if she has finished birthing yet! I cant imagine so! she was HUGE! the biggest ive ever seen a gravid tropical scorpion!!!

I will just wait it out!
She doesnt seem too bothered by another being under the hide with her. There is distance between them!

Why cant they wait eh! I had it all planned on getting a new tank etc for her to birth in but oooh noooo she has to go and do it early hehehe

hmmm. I dont have another tank for the other scorpion to go in! its all waiting on me getting paid and I would rather have the mother in the big tank...maybe I will attempt to move her into the big tank instead of buiying another tank for a week to ten days!

*rolls eyes*
Drama eh!

xxxxx

Last edited by *Connie* on 8/12/2008, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added some more :D)
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty8/12/2008, 2:16 pm

well at least she doesn't seem to be bothered by the other scorp.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty8/12/2008, 2:25 pm

She is still birthing. I even saw one come out *yes I shouldnt be looking in I know!*
She doesnt seem too bothered

Its just funny how last night the massive hide had been moved to the left!!!

and then this morning she has babies. I think its about 10...but im not sure since I cant see properly!

I'm just going to watch the situation. I cant do anything until this weekend...so she will just have to kill the other scorpion!
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty8/12/2008, 3:23 pm

how nice...
you could just remove the other one
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty8/12/2008, 4:06 pm

its not being "horrible" as such but I could risk their lives though stress of opening the tank, lifting the hide and trying to catch the other.
She is still birthing. If she thinks its unsafe she will start munching on the young.

They have to just deal with the situation together. She obviously felt comfortable enough to begin birthing, my pandinus imperator killed her male tank mate a few months before the birth. Surely this female would have killed the other one at least the other day.

The other is under the hide but away from her but I trust her as a mother to protect her young if need be.
She cant protect them if I stress her out, which will risk the young
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty8/12/2008, 4:08 pm

Connie they are not so easy to stress out and when your dealing with a hardcore sp like Heterometrus or Pandinus its even harder.. it whould be much better if you just give her that little stress of taking out the orther, then the orther maybe stressing her servel times over and over because its still in there..
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty8/12/2008, 4:11 pm

i can see what you are saying. but I cant do anything at the moment I have nothing to put the other in thats suitable.

I get paid on friday. on saturday we can go up the shop and I can get a suitable temp tank for the tank mate.
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty8/12/2008, 4:23 pm

Connie do you have a candy shop near by you were you can pick your own candy and they weigh it for you and stuff? if you know what i mean? well most of does shops just throw out does big square plastic candy boxes.. if you go down there and ask nicely most of the time they will happly give you servel of these boxes.. i do it most of the time before i go to expos so i have some new homes for scorps.. it can easily contain a full grown longimanus or such for a couple of days or even longer..
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty8/12/2008, 5:32 pm

I will see what I can do. I will have to take some substrate from the current tank.
As it stands, at the moment. all is well and fine in their tank. I think she is still birthing and the other is still away from her.
I will monitor the situation as best I can *when not at work*
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty8/13/2008, 1:39 pm

Ok. a good friend of mine went upto the shop for me and got a tank and some substrate for me (plus water bowl)
So the other is now housed in a tank. I was lucky that the scorpion was out and about and easy to catch.

I dont know if she is still birthing, this morning she was "relaxed" but seems to be in the pose again!
I need to stop taking a look *laughs*
xxxxx
Back to top Go down
corpselight
Babycurus

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty8/14/2008, 6:02 am

glad it's sorted now, Connie! your stress is understandable, i would've kept looking too lol

i was going to suggest a cricket tub in the meantime...just for a couple days til you can get to the pound shop for a storage tub...that's all you'd need.
but glad it's ok...in future, think pound shop!!! tanks are overpriced and unncesseary...
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty8/14/2008, 11:49 am

its all good about the tank! it will house the scorplings until I send them to the zoo, or house my heterometrus pair when the scorplings are off her back and my pandinus cavimanus can go in it...and just a little tank to buy for the scorplings Smile
I have it all worked out Smile

"He" was in a cricket container and I felt so cruel. "He" was out and about last night exploring his new bigger home!

She seems to have stopped birthing now. Totally covered in her little white tic tacs.
Im at my parents tonight so wont be able to be tempted to have a little look, but she doesnt seem to be eating any so that is ALWAYS a good start *wipes brow*...so many babies....I will have 23 scorpions on saturday and that doesnt include the babies on mums back!
cyclops
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty9/2/2008, 3:34 pm

So last week I popped in two locusts and last night I popped in a hopper.

Mum, like the first time with the locusts ZOOMED out, caught it and killed it and then fed it to the scorpions.
Last night it seemed like she was ushering the young to the food, those who were not eating.

She hasnt had a piece for herself yet! Tomorrow night will pop in another hopper *all food items tonged in and held outside, not released*

Oh...babies 3 weeks old today! All still in with mum and seem to be doing fine!
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty9/2/2008, 3:40 pm

cool! i'd love to see mamma feeding her young.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty9/2/2008, 3:53 pm

it really is cool. she ZOOMS out, like blink and you miss it!
And then she crushes it and then gives it to the babies. its lovely!
Really is a wonderful thing to watch!

They all then run to her...well with the first feed they did! and she let it go and moved away and they all began feeding.
One white 2I was running around with a HUGE locust leg in its mouth!
Classic!
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty9/2/2008, 4:02 pm

lol, I love it when they do that! I saw a little guy poking his head out of a burrow with an entire adult cricket.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty9/25/2008, 10:17 am

over 6 weeks old and still in the tank with mum!
I keep running out of time to take them away from her and into their own tank!!!
I dont know how many there are...but the answer is LOTS!
I will do so this weekend I think!
I need to know the number!

xxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty9/25/2008, 10:19 am

That's cool that they're still cohabiting after this long. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty9/25/2008, 10:21 am

I need a black light as you suggest on msn to look for "parts" but to the naked eye ive not seen anything that would suggest eating...I could be wrong. she could be, they could be but im not keeping them. when 3I are going to marwell zoo for Geoff to look after them Very Happy
He is the head invert guy, our buddy...so i know he will look after them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!   I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week! Empty

Back to top Go down

I Hate It When My Scorpions Ruin My Plan For The Week!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next