The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Hate when that happens

Go down 
+3
_scorpio_
scorpion111
Kuma
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Hate when that happens Empty
PostSubject: Hate when that happens   Hate when that happens Empty11/9/2008, 4:54 pm

Had my C. Keyserlingi tank on top of my cornsnake tank and because it was so heavy, it stretched the lid allowing one of my your corns to escape, now its just a waiting game, a week? a month? who knows....

....Had one disappear for a whole year!!! Died a couple of days later though Sad
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Hate when that happens   Hate when that happens Empty11/9/2008, 5:00 pm

Shucks!

just put some traps out or something, i'm sure there are plenty of techniques on the web. Smile
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Hate when that happens   Hate when that happens Empty11/9/2008, 5:25 pm

check anywhere thats warm but chances are its shot under the floorboards to courl up by the heating pipes! i have lost a milksnake for 3 months and found it when it popped up in the dining room... just make sure it doesnt get next door if you have wimpy neighbours!
you could try a shoe box with a heat mat on it in and cut a "snake sized" hole in it. put it in a quiet corner out of the way and check it every morning.
hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Hate when that happens   Hate when that happens Empty11/9/2008, 5:28 pm

Lay down painters' tape, sticky side up, along the edges of your floor where it meets the wall.

Had one escape twice; first time it showed up in the dishwasher, second time we never found it. Sad
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Hate when that happens   Hate when that happens Empty11/9/2008, 6:21 pm

check behind the fridge/freezer.... almost all my 'missing' snakes have ended up there. its dark and warm.

I've tried every trick in the book to locate missing snakes and have only lost one.

My des mex kingsnake got out at the old house but got below the floor boards. 2 months later he eventually came out looking rather sorry for himself. mind you he did scare off all the mice that were under there Smile
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Hate when that happens   Hate when that happens Empty11/9/2008, 7:00 pm

nah probably just ate them
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Hate when that happens   Hate when that happens Empty11/9/2008, 7:02 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Hate when that happens   Hate when that happens Empty11/9/2008, 8:11 pm

he may have scoffed some but he was far to skinny to have had a proper diet when he showed up again.
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Hate when that happens   Hate when that happens Empty11/10/2008, 10:21 pm

Haven't told my missus yet so obvious traps will let the cat out the bag. She's tolerant but taking the mick is just counter-productive lol.

Had a pueblean milksnake let loose by prying hands, went straight down the floorboards and had a phone call from my old landlord a whole year later saying they found what they first thought was a coral snake. They cupped it and did some research on the internet to find it was harmless. It hadnt grown at all, and wouldnt take food. When it died a couple days later i opened its mouth to find it was rotting away inside. Must have been digesting its own insides.... Gross!

Then had two Royal Pythons escape and i Opend the oven to find a tail hanging down the back! Had to unscrew the whole side of the oven to recover them, and my missus at the time had cooked garrlic bread in there lol! the were uncooked though lol.

And many other escapees too.... Hope i find this one Sad
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

Number of posts : 2282
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Hate when that happens   Hate when that happens Empty11/11/2008, 1:04 am

They see in infrared, so your best chances are to place traps (tape, as Mike mentioned) near the warm spots in your house.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/brandonjaeger
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hate when that happens   Hate when that happens Empty

Back to top Go down

Hate when that happens
Page 1 of 1