The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

gravid or fat

Go down 
+6
Andrew273
LadyRiotControl
~Abyss~
Athlon2k2
lycanlord
charmedx3
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
charmedx3
Pandinus
charmedx3

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-07-21

gravid or fat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: gravid or fat   gravid or fat - Page 2 Empty7/22/2008, 11:33 am

the telson is a light brown she is quite small about 3.5 to 4 in w/o tail. and ive had her sence april and ive never seen her molt. ....also would slate work for her to hide under if i made a little cave thingy.........
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: gravid or fat   gravid or fat - Page 2 Empty7/22/2008, 11:55 am

yes slate would work fine aslong as its secure, im sure you wouldnt want it to fall on your scorp
Back to top Go down
charmedx3
Pandinus
charmedx3

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: gravid or fat   gravid or fat - Page 2 Empty7/22/2008, 12:34 pm

cool i think today im going to b rearanging my set ups a days work easily. 13 tanks of pets eeeek thank god i work from home lol
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: gravid or fat   gravid or fat - Page 2 Empty7/22/2008, 3:13 pm

I can tell from the first photo that it's definitely a subadult. One more molt to go. The pectine picture is too small for me to say if it's a female or not. And I wouldn't even call it fat -- it doesn't look like it will be molting anytime soon.

As far as when to get a mate, keep in mind that she won't be able to breed until she's an adult. Even then gestation can take as long as 18 months. You could get her a male now (being sure to rearrange the tank to prevent territorial disputes) but if he's a WC adult, he may die before she's ready to mate.

Also, if you're not aware, it's easy to mistake scorpion mating for fighting. The male grasps the female's pinchers and they sort of dance around, sometimes swinging their stingers around.
Back to top Go down
Athlon2k2
Tityus
Athlon2k2

Number of posts : 619

PostSubject: Re: gravid or fat   gravid or fat - Page 2 Empty7/22/2008, 5:16 pm

Sometimes mating is fighting. My male is always trying to coax her out but he ends up trying to sting him and he gives up for a little while. She did take the spermataphore molt then molted to an adult. I have heard that this species might have the ability to store spermataphore thru a molt but not long term.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: gravid or fat   gravid or fat - Page 2 Empty7/22/2008, 5:25 pm

wait until she is mature and then indroduce a male and wait and see.

The final moult takes a LONG time. so you can wait a good 6 months before anything happens depending on when her last moult was.

As much as its a pain and you want mating to happen now, at least you dont have a WC and unsure of how long you have of her life left
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gravid or fat   gravid or fat - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

gravid or fat
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2