The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Emp food and feeding ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
daveUK
Pandinus
daveUK

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-08-13

Emp food and feeding ? Empty
PostSubject: Emp food and feeding ?   Emp food and feeding ? Empty10/2/2013, 5:38 pm

When i get my emp scop its going to be about 5-8cm in diameter so what size crickets should i feed it: 4-6mm, 6-10mm, 13-18mm, 18-25mm and 25-30mm and what type (species) (silent, black,ect) should i try to feed first day i get it and is so how often a week should i feed it, all answers help thanks. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Emp food and feeding ?   Emp food and feeding ? Empty10/8/2013, 11:03 am

Let your Emp settle into its new home for a day to two before offering it food. Scorpions are measured from their chelicerae (mouth parts) to their aculeus (stinger). An 8cm Emperor should be able to take down a large cricket. Offer it one or two crickets a week and remove any uneaten parts after 24 hours.
Back to top Go down
daveUK
Pandinus
daveUK

PostSubject: Re: Emp food and feeding ?   Emp food and feeding ? Empty10/8/2013, 1:12 pm

thanks mate and how come so little food, is this because they are mainly inactive?
Back to top Go down
baphomet
Pandinus
baphomet

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Emp food and feeding ?   Emp food and feeding ? Empty10/8/2013, 1:44 pm

Most invertebrates have incredibly efficient metabolisms. They are designed to survive through hardship should it ever arise. Ever heard of a Gramastola rosea fasting for 6 months to a year plus? Humans have incredibly inefficient metabolisms, which is why we need to eat multiple times a day.
Back to top Go down
daveUK
Pandinus
daveUK

PostSubject: Re: Emp food and feeding ?   Emp food and feeding ? Empty10/8/2013, 2:56 pm

ahhh makes sense now thanks
Back to top Go down
NatashaDawn
Pandinus
NatashaDawn

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2013-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Emp food and feeding ?   Emp food and feeding ? Empty10/21/2013, 5:45 pm

Good luck with your scorpion Smile The emperor is my first scorpion species and I have a male and female. They sometimes only eat one superworm or dubia a week to ten days. They are both fat, active, and thriving.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Emp food and feeding ?   Emp food and feeding ? Empty10/21/2013, 6:33 pm

It's not unusual especially with emps to go with long fasting periods especially if in premolt or close to giving birth.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emp food and feeding ?   Emp food and feeding ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Emp food and feeding ?
Page 1 of 1